1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 10-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
Does it? Dang, I forgot about this! I'll need to check it out and see what it says...
Yep. It textually says "the higher the rage, the higher the chance of a critical".

Quote:
I could see no end to the cursing from people here if this were implemented, fortunately, it seems pretty hard to implement, plus the AI never gives up technically and I can see people would just change their strategy to account for it and still do what they need to do to exploit it.

There could always be a turn limit, though, I guess where you either lose the battle or start sustaining lots of damage.

Note that I took the other tact where I make your troops tired, and you can't regenerate mana / rage any more, etc. so I think this makes up for it pretty well...
Heheh. Yeah, perhaps some of them would swear. However eventually, everybody who install your mod is looking for new challenges and emotions, so it should pay off.

The turn limit is an interesting concept. Moreover, probably complementary with your current penalties approach. First time I saw the penalties in action I really like the concept and how it was implemented, by the way. It makes sense the troops get fatigued over time.

Quote:
I would love to see your comments as I can always use them to improve it if I ever get back into it. I also mean to check @SlickDragon's comments just to ensure that he hasn't found anything there, but I think he was using the wrong KB.EXE that you suggested and that's why he had so many issues.

I'm playing (or at least I was) Ice & Fire right now since I never played it all the way through. Unfortunately, I haven't played it in about a month since I have so many other things that are soaking up my time right now...

Matt
To name a few:

Minor bugs:

- Polar bears critical percent chance bonus derived from Barbarian presence is apparently not applied. The morale bonus shows up/is displayed, and as a consequence attack and defence are improved, but the critical percent remains the same.

- Rockfall can frighten instead of stun. It feels ok, though. Watch meteors falling from the sky must be quite scary.

A typo:

- All bleeding creatures show up as attacked by a werewolf. I mean, when you place the cursor over their claw icon, the description always point to the lupines, regardless the source of the damage.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
Yep. It textually says "the higher the rage, the higher the chance of a critical".
Oh, okay - I guess I just didn't remember that. I'll have to look into it in the future...

Quote:
Heheh. Yeah, perhaps some of them would swear. However eventually, everybody who install your mod is looking for new challenges and emotions, so it should pay off.

The turn limit is an interesting concept. Moreover, probably complementary with your current penalties approach. First time I saw the penalties in action I really like the concept and how it was implemented, by the way. It makes sense the troops get fatigued over time.
Good points there.

Quote:
To name a few:

Minor bugs:

- Polar bears critical percent chance bonus derived from Barbarian presence is apparently not applied. The morale bonus shows up/is displayed, and as a consequence attack and defence are improved, but the critical percent remains the same.
Okay - I'll have to check that in the future...

Quote:
Rockfall can frighten instead of stun. It feels ok, though. Watch meteors falling from the sky must be quite scary.
Really? That's not right! Not sure what happened there - I must have broke something...

Quote:
A typo:

- All bleeding creatures show up as attacked by a werewolf. I mean, when you place the cursor over their claw icon, the description always point to the lupines, regardless the source of the damage.
I guess I didn't realize that the bleeding text was so specific to werewolves. I'll have to fix that in the future...

Okay, sorry for the late reply - so many other things going on for me right now...

I have no plans to fix any of this stuff in the near term, but hopefully once my schedule frees up I'll get back to this stuff...

Matt
Old 10-30-2016, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

It would be possible to insert a countdown within combat? I mean, that you only have x seconds per turn to decide your next play/move.

I really miss such a feature.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:32 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation I don't think so...

Uhmmm I don't think so since I think it would violate the turn-based paradigm of the tactical combat system that is hard coded into the game.

Quote:
It would be possible to insert a countdown within combat? I mean, that you only have x seconds per turn to decide your next play/move.

I really miss such a feature.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

I've been playing my Warrior game for a while Some reflections:

- Gizmo feels overpowered. You can resurrect infinite units with it. Should be definitely nerfed, in my opinion.

- Sometimes Evil Beholders take control of their own companions instead of player's.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 09-12-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've been playing my Warrior game for a while Some reflections:

- Gizmo feels overpowered. You can resurrect infinite units with it. Should be definitely nerfed, in my opinion.
Well, not infinite - it has a counter that counts down with each resurrection (or attack) and once consumed then it disappears; heals don't consume a charge (it actually indicates how many charges it has left in the battle log). The max charges are 9 if you are able to max that part of Gizmo out and it starts with just 1 (and each upgrade that increases charges increases it by just 1). Gizmo checks the power of your enemy versus yours and the percent of power to another determines attack percent vs heal / resurrect percent. So if your enemy's power is 75% and yours is 25% then there is a 75% it will attack the enemy versus 25% chance that it will heal / resurrect. So you can see that as the enemy's power depletes the higher percent chance that it will heal / resurrect your units and as the enemy's power rises the higher percent chance it will attack.

It is also smart and heals / resurrects higher level units (especially level 5's) before lower level units as well as prioritizes the removal of highly negative effects on your units / highly beneficial effects on your enemies.

Also, Lina has to be over level 40 to get the last two charges and so maxing her Gizmo out is difficult unless you work on her damage abilities (which is pretty much just Ice Thorns). Her other abilities are very potent, too (even Ice Thorns) and so maxing out Gizmo is often not a priority until later in the game since its starting single charge is usually a deterrent for other abilities until you are much later in the game / Lina is very high in level.

Gizmo can become very powerful towards the end game (mostly due to its intelligence that I added), but the enemy hero's spells are terribly devastating so in my experience it balances out in the end.

Quote:
- Sometimes Evil Beholders take control of their own companions instead of player's.
Interesting - have you ever seen this in the unmodded game? I'm not sure if I made a change here, but this one is obviously a bug.

I wish I had the time / interest to come back to this and fix bugs like this and add features that I still want to put in (Haas unique spell for final battle: Summon Dragon, anyone?), but unfortunately, I've been so dialed out of King's Bounty and gaming in general that I doubt I'd ever get back into to it to research and fix something like this, but you never know...

Thanks for the comments and it is amazing that you're still playing!

Matt

Last edited by MattCaspermeyer; 09-13-2017 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Checked the Gizmo info and updated it based on how it works...
Old 09-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well, not infinite - it has a counter that counts down with each resurrection (or attack) and once consumed then it disappears; heals don't consume a charge (it actually indicates how many charges it has left in the battle log). The max charges are 9 if you are able to max that part of Gizmo out and it starts with just 1 (and each upgrade that increases charges increases it by just 1). Gizmo checks the power of your enemy versus yours and the percent of power to another determines attack percent vs heal / resurrect percent. So if your enemy's power is 75% and yours is 25% then there is a 75% it will attack the enemy versus 25% chance that it will heal / resurrect. So you can see that as the enemy's power depletes the higher percent chance that it will heal / resurrect your units and as the enemy's power rises the higher percent chance it will attack.

It is also smart and heals / resurrects higher level units (especially level 5's) before lower level units as well as prioritizes the removal of highly negative effects on your units / highly beneficial effects on your enemies.

Also, Lina has to be over level 40 to get the last two charges and so maxing her Gizmo out is difficult unless you work on her damage abilities (which is pretty much just Ice Thorns). Her other abilities are very potent, too (even Ice Thorns) and so maxing out Gizmo is often not a priority until later in the game since its starting single charge is usually a deterrent for other abilities until you are much later in the game / Lina is very high in level.

Gizmo can become very powerful towards the end game (mostly due to its intelligence that I added), but the enemy hero's spells are terribly devastating so in my experience it balances out in the end.
Problem is, you can invoke Gizmo several times until your rage is consumed, which translates into tons of resurrections. In fact, you can even have more than one Gizmo floating over the battlefield.

It improved AI is moore than welcome, just keep in mind the exploits.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Problem is, you can invoke Gizmo several times until your rage is consumed, which translates into tons of resurrections. In fact, you can even have more than one Gizmo floating over the battlefield.

It improved AI is moore than welcome, just keep in mind the exploits.
Can't argue with you there, but the min turns for a max Gizmo is 5 (9 without any rest reductions) so you can get 2 max at a time (sometimes 3 if the first one is traveling or healing instead of using a charge); however, by the time you factor in its rage cost (min of 70 when maxed out vs 115 without any rage reductions), the rage / mana generation reduction due to the round of battle and you'd probably be able to cast only 4 max per battle towards the end of the game, possibly 5 if you play the Warrior when playing impossible difficulty level.

Since the Warrior's Resurrection spell casting is typically weak, you can see Gizmo being a big help for the Warrior class and since the Mage has a hard time getting a lot of Rage accumulation it is a lot harder to cast Gizmo a lot for the Mage, which offsets his Resurrection spell power.

So in my experience, things tend to balance out and if you're casting Gizmo, you're missing out on the other Lina abilities and so usually Lina's first casts are for offensive abilities (of which Gizmo is a possibility) and then Gizmo is cast after round 5 (no hero fight) or 10 (hero fight) to start resurrecting your fallen units.

Gizmo is a powerful ability of Lina's when maxed out, but I think it is more than made up for on the impossible difficulty level by the strength of your enemies.

Thanks for the comments!

Matt
Old 09-27-2017, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Can't argue with you there, but the min turns for a max Gizmo is 5 (9 without any rest reductions) so you can get 2 max at a time (sometimes 3 if the first one is traveling or healing instead of using a charge); however, by the time you factor in its rage cost (min of 70 when maxed out vs 115 without any rage reductions), the rage / mana generation reduction due to the round of battle and you'd probably be able to cast only 4 max per battle towards the end of the game, possibly 5 if you play the Warrior when playing impossible difficulty level.

Since the Warrior's Resurrection spell casting is typically weak, you can see Gizmo being a big help for the Warrior class and since the Mage has a hard time getting a lot of Rage accumulation it is a lot harder to cast Gizmo a lot for the Mage, which offsets his Resurrection spell power.

So in my experience, things tend to balance out and if you're casting Gizmo, you're missing out on the other Lina abilities and so usually Lina's first casts are for offensive abilities (of which Gizmo is a possibility) and then Gizmo is cast after round 5 (no hero fight) or 10 (hero fight) to start resurrecting your fallen units.

Gizmo is a powerful ability of Lina's when maxed out, but I think it is more than made up for on the impossible difficulty level by the strength of your enemies.

Thanks for the comments!

Matt
Well, I'm restraining myself and reserving it against heroes.

What's annoying me now is the 0% chance to shock of my archmages. It was supposed to be higher and work sometimes, specially when the "frozen" condition is met, but I don't remember a single time it did.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

Hey, what part of the game are you in by the way, and how high is your hero level, your spirit levels, etc., etc.?