1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Nike-it's Avatar
Nike-it Nike-it is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,390
Thumbs up King's Bounty: Crossworlds Reviews

GamingXP became the first to publish the Review of the highly anticipated King's Bounty: Crossworlds.

You can find the full review in German here.

And here are the other reviews:

Rock Paper Shotgun
EuroGamer.de - 9/10
Next2Games.de - 8.5/10
StrategyInformer - 8.0/10
Igrorama
FlashFloodMedia
ComputerGames - 88/100
Game Vortex - 88/100
Gamespot - 8.0/10
Frictionless Insight - 4.5/5
Gaming Nexus - B+
Co-Optimus - ...a must buy title.
Addict of Fiction
Examiner - 4/5
GameBanshee
4Players.de - 76/100
Indiegamereviewer - 4/5
Gameshard - 9/10
LEVEL - 90/100
PC Gamer - 78/100
Cyber Stratege - 8.0/10
__________________

Last edited by Nike-it; 11-12-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Zhuangzi's Avatar
Zhuangzi Zhuangzi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 923
Default

Okay, I read that with Google Translate. No new information here, but they seemed pretty positive that Crossworlds was a worthwhile expansion - it seems to me (and I could be wrong) that this will be the last King's Bounty game. Other than multiplayer, which not everyone wants, it seems like Katauri have crammed just about everything into this release. And the Orcs of the Marsh campaign is starting to sound like it will different enough from Armored Princess to be worth playing through after all.

I think that Crossworlds will be great for hardcore players because we like to try new strategies and experiment with different conditions (no losses, quickest time etc) so the short campaigns will likely aid with this without the long grind that The Legend's campaign especially was.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Nike-it's Avatar
Nike-it Nike-it is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
I think that Crossworlds will be great for hardcore players because we like to try new strategies and experiment with different conditions (no losses, quickest time etc) so the short campaigns will likely aid with this without the long grind that The Legend's campaign especially was.
For me, absolutely not a hardcore gamer, Orcs on March appeared to be a really entertaining challenge, even I finished AP twice before that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-26-2010, 05:55 PM
jake21 jake21 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 514
Default

Kind of sad this will be their last game. I realize that most folks think there are big $$$ in multiplayer but like you it is not what I strive for (also I wonder if that market will saturate). Oh well I know this is speculation. Still hopefully we will see new full length campaigns with the editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Okay, I read that with Google Translate. No new information here, but they seemed pretty positive that Crossworlds was a worthwhile expansion - it seems to me (and I could be wrong) that this will be the last King's Bounty game. Other than multiplayer, which not everyone wants, it seems like Katauri have crammed just about everything into this release. And the Orcs of the Marsh campaign is starting to sound like it will different enough from Armored Princess to be worth playing through after all.

I think that Crossworlds will be great for hardcore players because we like to try new strategies and experiment with different conditions (no losses, quickest time etc) so the short campaigns will likely aid with this without the long grind that The Legend's campaign especially was.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-26-2010, 08:06 PM
bladeking77 bladeking77 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 82
Smile There Is Still Hope

On the review(at least google translated), it says it is the "latest add-on", so it can be easily misunderstood as the "last add-on". Other than that, I searched for more info on whether it is the last installment or not, and didn't find any indicators that say it IS, but you never know, they might just move on to another game. I'd personally very much love to see few more KB's by Katauri.

Anyway, can't wait for Crossworlds.

Last edited by bladeking77; 08-26-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Zhuangzi's Avatar
Zhuangzi Zhuangzi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 923
Default

I'm not saying that the reviews says this is the last addon, it's just my personal belief given that
a) it's the third KB game in three years
b) it merges the best of TL and AP into one bigger entity (especially with spells)
c) it includes the editor, leaving further work up to modders

So I could be wrong, but I heard that Katauri were going to be working on a new game next. I'm hoping for Space Rangers 3, but it could be something else entirely.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Nike-it's Avatar
Nike-it Nike-it is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,390
Default

Guys, the decision about future of KB series is not made yet. There is still a possibility that something new will appear. I'll keep you informed about this question
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Mandea Mandea is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 346
Default

I am very positive there will be a new KB....someday. But it needs to be completely overhauled not because it really needs but because they need to come up with something new and different. A new engine maybe etc. So it will take some time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Dwagginz Dwagginz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Guys, the decision about future of KB series is not made yet. There is still a possibility that something new will appear. I'll keep you informed about this question
Good, good. King's Bounty is one of the few decent franchises around at the moment, and I hope Katauri continue to excel with the series. I just hope the English localisation of the next titles is a little better (although I've seen worse) at a minimum.

Maybe we need a "What would you like to see in King's Bounty after Crossworlds?" topic?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-27-2010, 09:15 AM
megakill megakill is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
Good, good. King's Bounty is one of the few decent franchises around at the moment, and I hope Katauri continue to excel with the series. I just hope the English localisation of the next titles is a little better (although I've seen worse) at a minimum.

Maybe we need a "What would you like to see in King's Bounty after Crossworlds?" topic?
All I can promise for now is that Katauri will not stop making games. Their next product is going to be really nice. )
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.