1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 AM

Last night we had couple of great games with mirg and mac. Especially with those l-16's or something. I know we are mustang club, but maybe we should change our club to purist club, or those really sensitive guys club . And mirg that po-2 dogfight was so fun. We have to do it again some day.

This club was great idea mac.

One problem, I just heard that red dead redemption has arrived to mailbox.. Well i'll just have to balance with these games.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage_016 View Post
Last night we had couple of great games with mirg and mac. Especially with those l-16's or something. I know we are mustang club, but maybe we should change our club to purist club, or those really sensitive guys club . And mirg that po-2 dogfight was so fun. We have to do it again some day.

One problem, I just heard that red dead redemption has arrived to mailbox.. Well i'll just have to balance with these games.
Yes Mage, these games were super. Also our venturing into other airplane terrain...

Will have some good news for us sensitive guys soon, so don't get too lost in your red dead redemption. Have fun though.

See you soon Mage,

MACADEMIC
Old 05-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Exclamation Major news for our club - CUSTOM PAD SETTINGS

Dear Friends,

A few days ago, I posted a discovery regarding an incorrect calibration of the PS3 controller leading to the highly unstable handling of our beloved Mustangs at high angles of attack. To summarize, I found that the flightstick (in the cockpit) was 'jumping' right into the stall when the stick on the pad reached a certain point. This behaviour was confirmed on both the aviator and standard pad layouts.

Thanks to a reply by JOED70, who told me that nonlinear calibration might have something to do with this, I started to investigate how this problem might be countered.

I remembered that with the BOP patch for PS3 the option of customising the pad was introduced. I had played with that earlier on but had given up on it since it seemed not possible to achieve the same easy free-view from the cockpit as provided by the standard or aviator layouts.

The good news is that, after renewed playing around with it now, I found a setting that nearly copies all of the functionality of the aviator layout including free view, but with the BIG advantage that all of a sudden it is possible to have full control over the elevator, right up to the stall. No more 'jumping' into the stall, but fine indications of an onset of stall which can be handled much better! For those of you prefering to fly with the standard layout, this should also be possible to configure with the exceptions stated below.*

There are a few drawbacks, due it seems to some bugs in the software. If anyone can come up with solutions for these, please let us know. I'm listing them here:

- throttle control: while in aviatior the throttle automatically snaps back to a comfortable 55% when it is neither advanced nor reduced, in custom layout the throttle just is where you put it. It's not too hard to get used to this I think.

- brakes: while in aviator the brakes are activated by closing the throttle, there are no brakes available here. Must be a bug. It's still possible to land, but the landing roll will be longer. I tested this at the airfield of Catania, where I got to stop half way down the runway, so no biggie.

- zoom: I didn't manage to set up zoom, a known problem according to quite a bit of correspondence on the forum. Nothing that aviator layout users will miss.

- 'feel' of the aircraft and free view: I'm attaching the configuration that I've found best to replicate the aviator layout, and setting. For my taste this setting works well, but might give a bit of a different 'feel' than what we're used to from the aviator or standard layout. I suppose this has something to do with the amount of deadzone and nonlinearity assigned to the different controls under 'Settings'. I'm happy with what I have now, but everyone's can experiment with this and find their own best settings. No one should have any undue advantage because of this, we're still playing at max sensitivity and the other club rules.

Hope we're all going to enjoy our Mustangs much more now! Let me know how you're doing and/or if you need help with customising!

Check six!

MACADEMIC

PS: Check post #55 in this thread for the latest settings!

* Sorry to say that the standard layout is not customisable as the aviator layout is. See post #101 about this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey_1.jpg (157.2 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 06-18-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:37 PM

Default Interesting Read

http://www.warbirddepot.com/fighter_...erformance.pdf

Very valuable information on the P51's corner speeds and accelerated stall characteristics due to its laminar airfoil.

Best,

MACADEMIC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 05-29-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:27 PM

Exclamation Latest Settings Custom Pad

Dear friends,

I have experimented further and have been able to solve the problem that the looking around from the cockpit was not as smooth as we knew it from the aviator layout. It's identically smooth now. Also, I find the P-51 now very similar to what we know from aviator/standard layouts, except for the 'jump' into stall. I'm attaching the latest settings.

Please note I have also used the UP command for pause, since the Select+Start Combination doesn't work as well as on aviator. If you need this for flying missions in sim, you should retain these keys, I have removed them, as well as trim, which I never use...however the main functions are all there and are working fine!

Enjoy!

Best,

MACADEMIC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey_6.jpg (184.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey_7.jpg (157.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey_8.jpg (215.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Settings.jpg (106.6 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 01-23-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:34 PM

Default Bf-109 G-6

I'm beast on the Bf-109 G-6 On Realistic if u guys want to watch.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:48 PM

Default How to delete an item from the 'Controls' list

I was asked how to delete an item from the Controls list so that only '---' will appear.

As there is no function for this, you have to work around by using a button which you have already assigned as a placeholder to 'erase' a line. I used the 'Circle' button for this, I'll explain how. First, I assigned the Circle button to Firing, which is where I wanted that button assigned in the end. Next, I assigned the Circle button to an item that needed to be blanked out. A dialogue opened up, asking if I would like to reassign this button since it had already been assigned. After confirming, 'Firing' had turned blank and the Circle button was assigned to the item to be blanked out. This way I went through all the items I didn't want assigned. At the very end I assigned the Circle button back to Firing, the result being the unwanted items appearing all as '---'.

Hope this helps,

MACADEMIC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 06-02-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Dear friends,

I have experimented further and have been able to solve the problem that the looking around from the cockpit was not as smooth as we knew it from the aviator layout. It's identically smooth now. Also, I find the P-51 now very similar to what we know from aviator/standard layouts, except for the 'jump' into stall. I'm attaching the latest settings.

Please note I have also used the UP command for pause, since the Select+Start Combination doesn't work as well as on aviator. If you need this for flying missions in sim, you should retain these keys, I have removed them, as well as trim, which I never use...however the main functions are all there and are working fine!

Enjoy!

Best,

MACADEMIC
I was looking to access at that control customization since the first day i've unlocked realistic mode from training.

How can i reach that panel?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:37 AM

Go
Layouts, choose custom, then back to custom layout and it will open.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage_016 View Post

COOL!! I always fly LA5 full sens