1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 AM

Happy to welcome a new member to our club: Kavorland

Great to have you on board, happy flying!

MACADEMIC
Old 06-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Thanx Mac, Great training flight and good info on custom setup, looking forward to giving it a try. Cheers
Old 06-01-2010, 11:42 PM

I have started playing this game in the play station network recently. I have like 5 or 6 game in SIM mode, but I will like to give it a try to the P-51 I hope I could be part of the CLUB
Old 06-02-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRANNY View Post
Thanx Mac, Great training flight and good info on custom setup, looking forward to giving it a try. Cheers
Good to finally catch up Cranny.

We all still need a lot of training to break in the Mustang properly. What a beast...

Cheers,

MAC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 06-02-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_JUSTICE View Post
I have started playing this game in the play station network recently. I have like 5 or 6 game in SIM mode, but I will like to give it a try to the P-51 I hope I could be part of the CLUB
Happy you like our club. For now I would recommend to take it easy on yourself and get real familar with sim first.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:11 AM

Default Fox and hounds

Dear Club,

Mage, Tagem and I created a new game tonight - 'FOX AND HOUNDS'. It's a LOT of fun, and good training.

Here's how it goes (as I will update this page should rules need finetuning and change, please check back here now and then):

Two or more players set up a dogfight under Club Rules. 10 minute games work well. One player is assigned the FOX, he's flying the P51-B, all others are the HOUNDS and fly the P51-D5. Ideally, all players are connected via headset. If that's not possible, all players should communicate via the 'P51 Mustang Club' Chat while in play.

Game phases:

- LINEUP

At the beginning, the FOX communicates his position and the direction he will fly, e.g. 'W E' for West moving East. The FOX should chose a direction which takes him closer to the other players and which leaves sufficient space on the map.

Taking up the announced direction, the FOX climbs/descends to 3000 feet and flies at a speed of 200mph (yellow marking on the airspeed indicator). The HOUNDS now look for the FOX and line up in close proximity behind the FOX as they reach him, thus forming a line.

Once aligned, if there is no communication via headset, each HOUND gives a brief salvo (without hitting someone). As soon as the FOX has counted the same number of salvos as the number of HOUNDS, the hunt is on.

- THE HUNT

The FOX has to outrun and outmaneuver the chasing HOUNDS, who are not allowed to shoot at the FOX. To kill the FOX, the HOUNDS have to either run him into the ground (make him crash) or 'bite' him, i.e collide with him. Each time the FOX dies this way, the HOUNDS make one point.

The FOX is allowed to shoot. If he manages to outmaneuver and shoot down a hound, he scores a point. Any time a HOUND gets killed, except when he was biting the FOX, the FOX scores a point.

Every time a player crashes and respawns, a new lineup takes place, with the FOX announcing his position and direction of flight, climbing to 3000' and flying at 200mph, until the line up is complete and the chase can start anew.

- SCORING

During lineup, no fighting or agressive actions are allowed. There's a penalty if a HOUND flies into the FOX in this phase. In this case the FOX gets two points. In other cases, if anyone dies during the lineup (e.g. collision between HOUNDS), one point per death goes to the other species. You get the idea, it pays off to be extra careful not to mess up the lineup.

During the hunt, the HOUNDS score one point every time the FOX crashes or when a HOUND 'bites' him (collides with him). The FOX gets a point if he manages to outmaneuver and shoot down a HOUND, and any time a HOUND dies (collisions between HOUNDS, crashes).

Winner is who at the end of the game has scored the most points. Equal points is a draw.

Ideally players are alternating roles so that at the end of a series of games every player had the chance to be the FOX.

I hope we all will really enjoy this game. It was great fun when we played it, and it's a great opportunity to practice tracking/evasion maneuvers and the handling of our Mustangs.

Looking forward to exciting games!

MACADEMIC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 07-28-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: LATEST VERSION OF THE RULES
Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 AM

It was great fun indeed with our STALLions.

But maybe at beginning of every hunt the fox shoul tell what direction he is flying at. And I think it would be more clear if he goes towards north or south. And after quick gathering the fun starts!

And if you club member's have any other new ideas like this game, please post your idea here. There must be many more ways to have games/ competitions like this.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage_016 View Post
It was great fun indeed with our STALLions.

But maybe at beginning of every hunt the fox shoul tell what direction he is flying at. And I think it would be more clear if he goes towards north or south. And after quick gathering the fun starts!
Okay, I suggest this: for the lineup, the FOX states his position relative to the others, and which direction he is going to fly. It's actually enough if only the FOX gives his position since there's no hierachy within the HOUNDS. All are equal, so whoever reaches the FOX first is the first in the line, with the others following as they reach the line.

Example: FOX states 'W E' in the chat

-> meaning the FOX is in the West flying to the East. FOX will always climb to 3000 feet and fly 200mph until the lineup is complete and the hunt is on.

I agree Mage that a quick lining up is essential for the fun in the game. We can finetune it as we get more experienced.

I'm away for a few days so can't play, would love to hear your experiences with FOX and HOUNDS or other Club games here on the forum!

MACADEMIC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 06-03-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:16 AM

hello mac

yesterday my first training in purist "difficulty",with a great help of mage 016 ,thanks for it mage,really hard but fun.i will do it again

very good idea u had mac.congratulations!!!!!!
see u soon aces
good hunting
Old 06-04-2010, 11:36 AM

COOL!

The Fox hunt game sounds very challenging!!! hope to try it soon!!
great idea!!!