1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:00 PM
retrojet retrojet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDawg View Post
lawl
See what happens when you listen to pop rock groups from Georgia while posting?
PARDON!!! YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP!!!

well, it reminded me of the film where a nuclear flat-top goes back in time to ww2 ...etc... etc... Can't remember the name, but you know...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:01 PM
TheDawg TheDawg is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
Catwoman would get jealous though...

now to the point... when you can't plausably discredit the fact you resort to ridiculing it. Its an age old human trait, indicating a closed mind.
Ridicule it all you want, but you'll never change the fact that the ball has to travel faster than the carriage in order to travel from the rear to front along the carriage's line of travel.

Frankly I'm comfortable ridiculing things I dont understand. I'm white, middleclass and under educated... Probably something to do with it right there
Was self defecating humor in the rules section?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:02 PM
TheDawg TheDawg is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrojet View Post
PARDON!!! YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP!!!

well, it reminded me of the film where a nuclear flat-top goes back in time to ww2 ...etc... etc... Can't remember the name, but you know...

I can now blame you for not being able to remember.
they just promoted that on the tv channel...dammit...it was..ah..
splash the zeros...pffft.. I got nothing now...
edit: wait...nope..gone.. martin somebody was in it...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:02 PM
ATAG_Dutch ATAG_Dutch is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
erm, we can have forms of basic communication with other animals actually.
'The language of the Universe is mathematics' - can't remember who I'm quoting, but have you ever tried to explain differential equations to a dolphin?

If so, what would you say was the dolphin's overall aptitude for calculus?

But I agree with the pub part.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Rattlehead Rattlehead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post

Blimey, I think I just had a bit of a rant. Sorry chaps!
It was a good rant though.

To be honest, I've always been a bit of a fence-sitter on this subject, which is why I thought I'd create the topic and see what others think.

Not to sound like a loony, but I saw a UFO (as in, unidentified) once, and it was a pretty amazing experience. Never seen anything like it, nor do I expect to ever again.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:05 PM
bongodriver's Avatar
bongodriver bongodriver is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,546
Default

equal and opposite reaction, the throw of the ball will create just enough opposite force to slow the train enough so the balls travel is never faster than light.
__________________


Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:07 PM
retrojet retrojet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
'The language of the Universe is mathematics' - can't remember who I'm quoting, but have you ever tried to explain differential equations to a dolphin?

If so, what would you say was the dolphin's overall aptitude for calculus?

But I agree with the pub part.
My dog knows Sit! Stay! And wait! Especially when we're in the pub!
Now, if only my wife understood me
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:08 PM
CharveL CharveL is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
Catwoman would get jealous though...

now to the point... when you can't plausably discredit the fact you resort to ridiculing it. Its an age old human trait, indicating a closed mind.
Ridicule it all you want, but you'll never change the fact that the ball has to travel faster than the carriage in order to travel from the rear to front along the carriage's line of travel.
Respectfully, you speak of facts without actually determining them. It's a difficult concept to wrap your head around, I know it was for me too, but this concept you are using is hardly new, and Einstein himself postulated it in the early part of the century, and subsequently managed to explain it using his theory of special relativity.

At the time it wasn't possible to test this particular aspect (your example, not every aspect of his theories) experimentally but over the years it has.

If I'm going 50mph in a car and turn my headlights on, the beams still go the speed of light to the observer at the side of the road. The 4th dimension of time adjusts.

This will help explain it for you...

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/hillis/hillis_p2.html

Last edited by CharveL; 08-05-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:10 PM
retrojet retrojet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDawg View Post
I can now blame you for not being able to remember.
they just promoted that on the tv channel...dammit...it was..ah..
splash the zeros...pffft.. I got nothing now...
edit: wait...nope..gone.. martin somebody was in it...
Final Countdown? No... That sounds lame...

Dang Dawg, does it matter, mate... Have another pint on me!

Happy Friday!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Sternjaeger II Sternjaeger II is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
Catwoman would get jealous though...

now to the point... when you can't plausably discredit the fact you resort to ridiculing it. Its an age old human trait, indicating a closed mind.
Ridicule it all you want, but you'll never change the fact that the ball has to travel faster than the carriage in order to travel from the rear to front along the carriage's line of travel.
lol easy man, it was just a joke. The point is that your theory is flawed cos you can't recreate those conditions, and even if you did, it wouldn't work
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.