1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

nocalora2, I would advise you (for the love of Star Wolves ) not to migrate to Win 10!

As I had a lot of experience on some other sites with the users who have Win 10 ( I am mostly known on TWCenter as ElvenKind) I can tell you that you will experience many issues with User Account Control, ownership of your own folders and files, renaming files, modding those files, setting up your home theater, or your sharing devices etc.

I am still on Win 7 Ultimate, and I think I will stay on them til they come knocking on my doors with an order from a judge, to migrate to some other new Win OS.

Alternatively, I would rather take the Linux road. I don`t know how much of Star Wolves (or other games) is Linux compatible.

The future will tell, and maybe someone will make Linux more compatible with the old/new games and their required software/hardware.
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Most of those flaws I have managed to patch out with major tweaking already. Tools like Unlocker and other stuff will let me have some serious permissions on my system. so thats not a problem. SW runs quite fine on it actually.

The main reason why I HAD to upgrade was DirectPlay. I guess I must have had some virus for a short time which destroyed some of the dlls, or atleast messed with the Registry enough to make DirectPlay almost unusable. I would have never upgraded to Win10 without a reason.

Last edited by nocalora29; Today at 01:36 PM.