1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 06-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the nudge. Seems I unpacked it to much. works fine now for all. Had got to level 9 before but with no class (and no starting exp.) it got a bit to hard to continue that game. The gold from crista rage ability and the cannon trying to pick it up I've had too. Can't remember map though. I just reloaded and didn't use the rage skill on a cannon again.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethric View Post
Thanks for the nudge. Seems I unpacked it to much. works fine now for all. Had got to level 9 before but with no class (and no starting exp.) it got a bit to hard to continue that game. The gold from crista rage ability and the cannon trying to pick it up I've had too. Can't remember map though. I just reloaded and didn't use the rage skill on a cannon again.
Cannon doesn't have an animation for being thrown in the air? Is this the reason for the freeze up?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:00 AM
Approved Member

Cannon is a creature from the Hylfire mod, it probably doesn't have all the animations it "should"... Ethric's freeze up has to do to with an installation issue.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
Cannon is a creature from the Hylfire mod, it probably doesn't have all the animations it "should"... Ethric's freeze up has to do to with an installation issue.
What I meant was, if you try to use Christa's goldcoin ability on a unit that doesn't have the appropriate animation, the game will freeze
, I think.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
What I meant was, if you try to use Christa's goldcoin ability on a unit that doesn't have the appropriate animation, the game will freeze, I think.
I see, let me know if you see this bug. I don't think we can count on his first game to level 9 due to mal installation.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Main changes for the Bonfire v. 1.1 which will be out soon:

- Enemy grows faster when u level up (due to a bug in 1.0 enemies didn't grew as fast as in the test games!)
- Trooptalk: the flies that could give dragons (50% chance) are reduced to 25%. Inkvisitors transforming into Rune Mage cost 2 Magic Runes (was 1).
- Acrimaldo offers scrolls before a fight: more versatile, adjusted a lot. A lot more different scrolls in the random pool.
- You can now talk to Acrimaldo and he can tell you which kind of game you play (until level 10-15-20-endless).
- Medal adjustments. (Was lowered too much after test games). But Treasure Hunter is now 15% max (was 10%)
- About half the chance of getting random stats if you choose NO SKILL when leveling up, but still always 100% sure of gold/crystals.
- A little higher chance at the League of Assassins building to get set items.
- The Mine in town has been reduced to half the chance to get crystal/gold.
- Companion Scary Abonimation bug is fixed (could give insane damage with its spell). Now it summons 1 Cudly abonimation (level 3 creature) from level 4 with a reload and has a chance of attracting Cudly abonimations after the fight for the heroes army. The Cudly's are not fully developed yet. The Cudly's summoned in fight are always just 1 also late game, but the reload is reduced.
- More places to find the Dragon Teeth to combine (5 are needed). Read the info in 'Bonfire Sets Guide.docx' which is in the same directory as this file. Still not 100% guarantee you find all 5 Teeth.
- The starting castle can be taken by bandits! Releative easy fight. (was in the code in 1.0 but didn't work...)
- Different minor bugs are fixed.
- Pyromage’s fireball is reduced a little. Giant's Initiative reduced from 7 to 5.
- Skill Learning: Increases to 25% exp and 5 Intellect when fully developed.
- Skill Scouting: Only 4 runes to develop each level (was 5).
- Christa the Valkyrie: When offering regalias now getting 1% - 3% - 5% - 7% - 10% (Was max 5% - not sure if level 5 works, in wotn you needed to do a quest and we havent tested this).
- Skeletons in a coffin on the battlefield was overpowered. "Should" be fixed now. Else let us know.
- Strange texts on some buildings build: "Should" be fixed now (we hope).
- The Infiltrator Hero (Rogue class): Added level 2 Weakness spell and Chargers to the spell book.
- The Farmer Hero (Warmonger class): Added Healing and Haste spells for the spell book. Harvesting is only 1 Gartner per Intellect (was 2, overpowered).
- The Call of Death spell is cheaper on all levels now, and the level 1 only cost 8 mana but with 400 Leadership instead of 500.
- Dumlor now gives a very good bonus for doing his building quest.

Item changes:
- Items with an upgrade option have text information on what to achieve. It was only done on some of them in v. 1.0
- Items with leadership 200+ are harder to find now. Kind of makes the start too easy if you find it before level 5 or so.
- Musket of Thunder: Now 40% damage to canoneers and +5 attack to shooters. (I never bought it before with 20% damage).
- Dragon's Quiver, changed to Fine Quiver. -10% leadership req for bowmen (was 5%). No scrolls to extract. Cheaper.
- Courtly Garb and its upgrade now gives physical resistance instead of leadership req to bowmen, swordsmen and gardeners.
- Ogre Set: now 1000 Leadership, 10% physical resistance to troops (was 2500 Leadership only - too overpow if found in this mod)
- Ancient Mage Set: Increased to +9 Intellect/Mana, 25 extra slots for the spell book. The Leaky Cup which is a part of the set is increased from 10% extra mana to 15% (still gives -5 Intellect)
- New set: The Pissling Set (Invisible Armor and Used Up Sword: +2 att/def to all units, +1 Speed and +10 Phys. Resistance to allied level 1-3). Terroin and I never used these items, so I added a set bonus. Remember the Invisible Armor DO NOT have a picture... hehe, its invisible, it's not a bug.

Last edited by raknefne; 06-02-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Found a bug in Hrasken map: the army in the castle area can have a hero "arturok" who ONLY should be in Bonbong Land. Bug is fixed in version 1.1 but if you see him, DON'T TALK TO HIM.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Terroin doesn't have so much time these days... so it takes a bit before 1.1 is out. Until then you can either play just to level 10 or when travelling to another map, try going from map A to map B and back a few times, then enemies grow to the right strength. It is fixed in 1.1. In this case you can play any game 10-15-20 or endless.

Anyway this seems so far to a forum for the few... there has been only around 50 downloads on the mod, but we haven't advertised any place yet (other than here on 1C). We will do that after version 1.1. I guess there are many other games out there and WoTn's reputation is not that great. I'm 49 years old and don't wanna try a lot of games, if I have found one I like I play that and not much more... especially when modding it is more fun, trying new stuff out I've made myself.

Last edited by raknefne; 06-04-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

What to do with "interesting bird" on Pnelve? It ate 9 killproofs and nothing happen. I am on 13 lvl. att-33, def-26, int-15.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

it is random - can't remember the % - if the bird agrees to give a location of a hidden treasure. keep talking to it... or give the ent sprouds, same chances of succes.