1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
Yes sometimes they do tell the destination sometimes there is absolutely no hint about it. And you can't count on hurry, urgent, and other remarks. There was one time when I accepted an order where they said there is absolutely no urgency and the time limit was less than 10 minutes, It was impossible to make without cancelling or failing all current orders. And also there was one time when they said its very urgent, and the time limit was half an hour.
When you accept a mission, there is always a time limit. You have to go to the 'Journal', and look at the missions you currently accepted. Click on each one, and look at the times. There is also a 'Make This My Current Mission' tab there. If you select it, that mission will appear in the HUD, Map, and Time Remaining.

This is a common mistake many people make. They accept too many missions, and lose track of the remaining times to complete them. I now look at all current missions, and complete the ones with the least amount of time left. You don't have to take every Side-Mission that pops up. It's up to you to remember what you have, and keep an eye on them.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-27-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
When you accept a mission, there is always a time limit. You have to go to the 'Journal', and look at the missions you currently accepted. Click on each one, and look at the times. There is also a 'Make This My Current Mission' tab there. If you select it, that mission will appear in the HUD, Map, and Time Remaining.

This is a common mistake many people make. They accept too many missions, and lose track of the remaining times to complete them. I now look at all current missions, and complete the ones with the least amount of time left. You don't have to take every Side-Mission that pops up. It's up to you to remember what you have, and keep an eye on them.
I didn't say I lost track of anything I can remember, but HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW if a mission will fit into my schedule or not if I only get the neccessary information to decide AFTER I accepted it?
Old 06-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
I didn't say I lost track of anything I can remember, but HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW if a mission will fit into my schedule or not if I only get the neccessary information to decide AFTER I accepted it?
You may simply be taking too many missions on. This game is a learning process, and I can't give you every detail as to why, and why not things work the way they do.

Sometimes when you accept a mission it will ask you "do you wish to cancel your current task?". Other times if you have a mission uncompleted, and try to go to the warehouse, and pick-up another load, you will be denied. Like any other story driven game, everything is experimental by trial & error.

I spent enough time here trying to explain this portion of the game. Let's get back on topic.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:45 PM

Exclamation I want my money back, with interest

Ok, I'm fed up, this game has caused me more frustration than anything else, so far.

Its riddled with serious bugs and glitches, and not just little annoyances but serious gameplay and campaign deciding issues. I was driving around for half a day without problems when I realized that somehow the game went wrong, and I couldn't continue because of some bug, and I had to go back to a save from yesterday, because that was the only one that wasn't affected by the bug, that lost me about 6 hours of playtime. I bought the game to have fun and not to waste my time.

I don't even understand what is the point of this forum, I don't think the information collected here will ever reach the developers. Also I don't understand why didn't the developers organized a beta test for the game, I bet there are thousands of gamers out there who would have gladly helped to uncover the bugs for FREE. Ok, I know in public beta tests there are lots of users who don't give useful feedback, but releasing a game this far from complete is just unacceptable. I already see a second king of the road coming. For those who can't remember: It was the same story with Hard Truck 2, they released it prematurely, and it was riddled with bugs, it constantly quit to the desktop and had other issues, they relased a few patches for it, but it never worked well. And after a few years they released King of the road, which is basically Hard Truck 2 presented in an acceptable fashion it was far from perfect, but it was in a state that was presentable.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 09-08-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Flaming Moderator. Comments Deleted.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:39 PM

You maybe should PM the mod instead of flaming him on the forum and patches are being worked on to fix bugs it's just a matter of time. I waited years for the game so can easily wait a few more month for the majority of bugs to be taken out
Old 06-27-2010, 08:43 PM

Yeah i agree that this game was released with what seems no beta testing or care to check for bugs.

i dont know the backstory or anything other then it has a few bugs, but maybe they released it for money so they can continue development? no idea

But i bought it and i like it the way it is. I want them to fix some bugs terribly but i am fine with the current gameplay. I dont think this game should have been released in this state and i doubt anyone who made it will even read this post but i have hope it will be fixed.

I didnt waste my money cause, i had fun with it. Like i voted, Yes, it has some problems but nothing I can't live with.

I think this game was released pre maturely and it could have been so much more.

But i like the gameplay, the bugs to me arent gamebreaking. I wish they would fix them of course but nothing i cant deal with. The only problem i have right now is the roads you can take (or so it appears you can) and then you end up crashing into a barrier wondering why can i go this way just to be stopped.

I stopped playing cause i lost interest as soon as that happened. As for the very bad physics and the barriers in the middle of the road. i enjoyed this game when i played it. I just dont have the patience to play it and then be stopped all of a sudden having to turn around.

Im guessing this is supposed to be there. but why have a path way on the map if i am going to be stopped?
pic:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8...1900323041.png

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-01-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Postings Merge Into 1.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 AM

Yhea,my too.I love 18WOS for the gameplay,(Except the freaking fatigue and the inoying police!!!!!),and i love R'N'R for the models,graphic,all those stuff,they did a fantastic job.I mean,i really hate the game play of RNR.

Just removing the pain-in the @$$ time to deliver,and make it a game play a little simmiler to 18WOS,will be awesome!!!!

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-28-2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Relocated to the proper thread.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:04 PM

I like it. It´s a different game than Euro Truck Simulator or German Truck Simulator. It´s much more arcadey, but I like that. The graphics are good, but the performance is horrible.

I like the fact that there is a story and side missions that you get over the CB or in bars, that adds much needed variety in gameplay.

Overall a fun game with bugs and bad performance ruining the overall impression.

Waiting for the patch!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Yhea,my too.I love 18WOS for the gameplay,(Except the freaking fatigue and the inoying police!!!!!),and i love R'N'R for the models,graphic,all those stuff,they did a fantastic job.I mean,i really hate the game play of RNR.

Just removing the pain-in the @$$ time to deliver,and make it a game play a little simmiler to 18WOS,will be awesome!!!!
yea I like the 18wos for the gameplay to I don't think there's any compairison there with the trannys and stuff, but rig n roll's got them on damage and trucks deterating over time, graphics and upgrades. 18 wos has the 8,9, super 10, 12,13,15, and 18spds which is better than the 5spd in rig n roll but neither one of the games have the gear ratios right (unless you add the patch for 18wos) they've both got their corks to them but I've come to like rig n roll just as much...Just wish I could figure out why my tractor doesn't want to run 80 flat land...my 600 cat ain't that tired yet it's only got 1k on it haha.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

i voted that its ok but does need some improvements

for me i have not had any major bugs or glitches yet,however there are a couple of things that are annoying and should be sorted

1)the way you get stopped and fined by police when ai crashes into you
2)roads that you can go down then end up at a dead end
3)some of the side missions involve dropping at the side of the road then you get another one in the opposite direction and there is nowhere to turn around and you have to go miles up the highway to find a turn off
4)truck and trailer physics are certainly nowhere near realistic enough
5)the races and the competitive/timed deliveries do get annoying because you dont always want to run around like a loony,i would like to take my time and enjoy the game and its scenery

it does have a lot of good points and on the whole i like this game,hopefully if the game developer does decide to make these wrongs right then you will have a truly amazing trucking game......