1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2010, 11:04 PM

I like it but I do agree that it does need some polishing.

Living in California I can say that the highways look very similar and realistic to the real ones. I think the AI traffic is pretty good although they do stop at interchanges (if they are in the wrong lane) And take corners extremely slow.
I also dont like how the truck stop is deserted and what about scale stations? Also I think more the other truckers that you pass should have trailers most of the semi-truck traffic is just the truck. And there should be stoplights in certain places. One time I looked and no traffic was coming then when I pulled out I got hit by two cars.

I do like the arcade feel to it but like others have said time limits are a problem. I think instead of voiding the whole cargo a penalty would be better that way if your a few minutes late it wont cost you the whole load.

The road signs are actually pretty good at telling you where your headed but I think instead of blocking the roads there should be see through arrows like in WoS where you cant go but the other traffic can that way you dont get 6 lanes of traffic condensing into 1 like when your heading out of L.A.

But overall I think game is addicting and just needs some more polishing.

hert
Old 08-05-2010, 04:58 PM

I bought the game from a supermarket called Morrisons after I couldnt find it at GAME - I paid not much (£6.99) for it. I could take a photo of myself with it all if you like!!!

But basically you accuse anyone who runs into bugs etc of piracy. This is not a good way of selling the company.

And I note that my thread detailing my problem - it was nice and clean - no rudeness or anything, was deleted - why?

I have a Athlon 64 3700+, 2gb RAM, and a 512mb 8500GT. That more than matches the specs, so if it beats the min specs, how can my pc be at fault. If the graphical error is caused by too low a spec, then a) those specs shouldnt be quoted, and b) how come it doesnt happen elsewhere - how come only that spot?

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-05-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Edited for content.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat View Post
I bought the game from a supermarket called Morrisons after I couldnt find it at GAME - I paid not much (£6.99) for it. I could take a photo of myself with it all if you like!!!

But basically you accuse anyone who runs into bugs etc of piracy. This is not a good way of selling the company.

And I note that my thread detailing my problem - it was nice and clean - no rudeness or anything, was deleted - why?

I have a Athlon 64 3700+, 2gb RAM, and a 512mb 8500GT. That more than matches the specs, so if it beats the min specs, how can my pc be at fault. If the graphical error is caused by too low a spec, then a) those specs shouldnt be quoted, and b) how come it doesnt happen elsewhere - how come only that spot?
Tone it down some. I didn't say you pirated anything. The post was for net4fun if you followed it correctly. It was not directed toward you. Only the pirating poster. You didn't read my post correctly, and took it completely out of context. How much proof did I need. He openly admitted it!

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-05-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolsmurf View Post
Funny how a lot of people say this game sucks just because they dont meet the system requirements or have hardware problems...

Ihavent experienced most of the bugs mentioned here (also most of them are non gameplay bugs) and I have a bad pc so very weird...

perhaps some of you have illegal versions, thats my opinion
Maybe you didnt directly say so, but you did say lolsmurf was right. Some of them may (have illegal copies), but having them right after me and snugs post seemed wrong somehow, so if I'm mistaken by your (or lolsmurfs) intent then I'm wrong, but it certainly didnt seem so.

It seemed almost as if its the old (how many times have I heard this): 'My game works fine so you must be a pirate, or have something wrong with you/your equipment'.
Not so - because if I can run the game with mucho traffic, and reasonable graphics settings on my pc, and the frame rate is fine, then if I lower the settings all 'round, then the error should disappear, yet it doesnt - it is still there in exactly the same place. Who knows what the problem is? I just think that perhaps some things werent checked with the game. Or perhaps as bizarre as it may seem that some dvds were released with some sort of fault in the code, though that would seem unlikely. I just find it strange that I found this game in the bargain basement bin in a supermarket, and not in a proper game store. I can only figure there may be something wrong with what is on the DVD's. Simply because this is a major error, and not everyone has it - if we knew how everyone got their game, and what errors they had (though in theory it should be the same whether you got it one way or another). Some people do have the sky in the floor, some dont. Question is - why? Thats what I want to know, in order to solve it, and then enjoy the game.

Big question is where lolsmurf 'acquired' his 'copy'.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat View Post
Maybe you didnt directly say so, but you did say lolsmurf was right. Some of them may (have illegal copies), but having them right after me and snugs post seemed wrong somehow, so if I'm mistaken by your (or lolsmurfs) intent then I'm wrong, but it certainly didnt seem so.

It seemed almost as if its the old (how many times have I heard this): 'My game works fine so you must be a pirate, or have something wrong with you/your equipment'.
Not so - because if I can run the game with mucho traffic, and reasonable graphics settings on my pc, and the frame rate is fine, then if I lower the settings all 'round, then the error should disappear, yet it doesnt - it is still there in exactly the same place. Who knows what the problem is? I just think that perhaps some things werent checked with the game. Or perhaps as bizarre as it may seem that some dvds were released with some sort of fault in the code, though that would seem unlikely. I just find it strange that I found this game in the bargain basement bin in a supermarket, and not in a proper game store. I can only figure there may be something wrong with what is on the DVD's. Simply because this is a major error, and not everyone has it - if we knew how everyone got their game, and what errors they had (though in theory it should be the same whether you got it one way or another). Some people do have the sky in the floor, some dont. Question is - why? Thats what I want to know, in order to solve it, and then enjoy the game.

Big question is where lolsmurf 'acquired' his 'copy'.
That's not a big question. Lolsmurf has been here a long time, and waited for the English version like the rest of us. So don't insinuate things. He also used the term "maybe" in the referred post, and I used the term "if". I'm not going to have this very useful, and beneficial thread turn into a rage thread. Let's get back on topic. The pirate has been banned, and the case is closed. Have ever heard of the phrase "If it don't apply, then let it fly".

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-11-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:50 PM

Its the best trucking game out there! The graphics, models and gameplay are all generally good.

My only real gripes are the time limits and the fact you can't access the shark PDA thing other than at your offices. It would be better to have a delivery time frame and have penalties / bonuses depending on when you arrive. I think it'd be better if you can access the PDA at any time you are stationary (so you can't access while driving). My last gripe is the fact you can't upgrade your fleet easily without having to take each truck out and go around all the different service station to upgrade them. It would be good if you could specify specs for new trucks while maybe used trucks would have to be upgraded by "sending" them off for a few days for upgrades.

Otherwise, a big thumbs up!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:59 PM

Well, even though I've only had my disc since last Friday, I love it, however, there are some improvements needed, what BETA/first version of a PC game doesn't, but, as long as 1C take into consideration some of the genuine faults, and after reading the interview given on twitter by Igor Belago back in March this year, some of these issues may well be addressed in the next update, that can only be good for the game, some of the faults that gamers have brought up just recently are already in the pipeline for upgrading and adding.
The only think that irks me is that many folks come on here trying to compare this game with something else, and the fact that they don't like the speed and delivering cargo, well, that's what this game is all about, there are other products on the market if you don't like this one, trying to get everything into one game isn't going to happen, different simulators do different things, this one has features that others don't, it would be very boring if every truck simulator had EVERYTHING in it. It also sounds as though half the people who've bought this game don't even know what a truck is, have they ever sat in an 18 wheeler going down a hill at 50 mph, this game delivers realism, I bet most American truckers enjoy playing it as it's quite authentic to them.
You boy racers seem to think that these 53 ton monsters can do 0-60 mph in 2 seconds, sorry kids, but, they don't, and never will, if you want to drive a Porsche-style simulator, then, go look elsewhere.
You need to practice your driving skills somewhat if you cannot get to the warehouses in the allotted times, they have all been very well thought out by the developers and test your skill to the maximum, irrespective, of whether you are a novice or an expert, and it's only up to you as to how much traffic density there is, or, isn't. This is a fabulous portrayal of real life driving rigs around California delivering goods, the graphics are superb and there is something different to look at around every corner, no wonder I keep crashing all the time I'm far too busy looking at the scenery and not the road.
With a few more enhancements to this game, then, the developer will have a market leader in this product, it may be nice to extend the area already developed, and possibly even start to produce this simulator to represent other countries also, the world's their oyster, just think, the Canadian Rockies, the Russian Steppes, the Swiss Alps, European cities and Lakes, the British Isles, other States within America, the list is endless, how about running massive 150 foot Roadtrains in the Australian Outback, what fun that could be......

Have fun and drive carefully.....

Cheerz.

My computer specs, if anyone wants to know why I don't have any bugs, are :

Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X2 545 3.0 GHz SOCKET AM3 6MB CACHE

Memory (RAM) 2GB CORSAIR XMS2 DUAL-DDR2 800MHz

Motherboard ASUS® M4N78-AM: DUAL DDR2, S-ATA II, PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI

Graphics Card 1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 4650 PCI EXPRESS

Memory 750GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

Operating System Genuine Windows XP™ Home + SP3, CD & Licence

Last edited by Transport Steve; 08-11-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: re-edit
Old 08-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

Nice viewpoint, insight, and of course well written. So refreshing.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:06 PM

RnR did vey well on my PC no problem so far. Only very small of lags but most area is so smooth in anywhere. I was so happy with it . I dont need to add mor RAM 2 GB of RAM seem good with RnR. Has a DVD ROM Disc came with the box.

Last edited by Superduty; 08-17-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: forget to add something to say...
Old 08-18-2010, 07:48 PM

Default yeah well

not judging the games nature I must say it's very good. It's acceptable graphics, acceptable physics and the game keeps me interested.

Have been running special mission for i dont know, "24 hours straight". Hired one driver and have lots of things to discover i feel.

Some glitches must be patched. Ai traffic behavior, CTD's and other technical stuff that's fubar.

If I compare to European Truck Sim / German Truck Sim - Rig n Roll wins by shutout.