1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:40 AM

I've heard there is a patch coming out that will address this. It sucks when you now have to create a game with rules just to make sure the cheaters don't win, but it makes sense in any case so that scoring is fair. The way I look at it? If the guy crashes, and has been just touched by one guy, the crasher loses points, and the guy who touched him get's the kill and points. If two or more hit him, the guy with the majority of the hits gets the kill and then assist points are dealt to the other guy or two. Kinda like COD does and it's a fair system.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:03 AM

I have bailed many times when i lost control. i believe the point should go to the person who made me lose control. Its not that I want to rob anyone of a just and deserved kill believe me I HATE WHEN I WORK HARD FOR A KILL AND GET ROBBED. This is a great game and the only gripe i have with it is the point system is broken.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:00 AM

I think the Spitfire is quite vulnerable to wing damage.

the other day I was in training mode up against a 109.

it got on my tail and within no time had shot up my wing so bad that I lost complete control of the aircraft.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 AM

I'm dying for the update as well.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:08 PM

Default RE: fritzwendel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzwendel View Post
Agreed, probables should count.

TRC + XR: awesome games last night! The Ardennes battle was epic!

Btw if I crash, it's because I'm still a n00b at the online.
That was a great game. Almost the whole night games were within one point either way.

There wasnt a single person all night who was doing the death dive purposely. Were noobs too. Love this game. Look forward to seeing you and playing with you more.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:34 PM

Default My thoughts Updated

I want to add that I started this post because we played for hours the night before against certain players who blatantly dived at full speed to avoid a kill only to respawn and come right after the person they robbed of the kill. It was very noticeable.

With that said I am also a noob to the game and don't completely understand it either. Last night I paid very close attention to what others were doing and most importantly paid close attention to what effects occurred after I had been shot.

I will say that I crashed a lot do to damage to my plane and that crashing was 100% unavoidable. In fact I tried to stay aloft as long as possible and even with heavy damage I was able to score a kill here an there.

Everyone pretty much agrees that the point system is flawed but after more thought I am not sure what the best fix is and still keep the realism. I love the fact that you have to earn your kill. I dont want to end a 20 minute game with 50 kills under my belt. The fact that you can have 8 kills or even 0 kills it a great part of the game.

So what is the perfect fix? Do you have a damage indicator? I am not sure I would like that. Do you have an option when setting up a game to allow or disallow a bailout? Or maybe we just single out the crashers, gang up on them and make their lives miserable?

I will admit after reading some replys from this post that I concentrated more on following and shooting a plane that was out of control and spinning towards the ground and was able to score more kills as a result. The game does reward better players and that is how it should be.

The game for the most part is hands down the best flight sim ever for a console and I hope it only gets better and continues in development. Hell, it encouraged me to order a flight chair this week that I am eagerly awaiting for the UPS guy to pull up and drop off.

Anyway, to all those who played last night we had some great battles and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:39 PM

Default RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksungregg View Post
I've heard there is a patch coming out that will address this. It sucks when you now have to create a game with rules just to make sure the cheaters don't win, but it makes sense in any case so that scoring is fair. The way I look at it? If the guy crashes, and has been just touched by one guy, the crasher loses points, and the guy who touched him get's the kill and points. If two or more hit him, the guy with the majority of the hits gets the kill and then assist points are dealt to the other guy or two. Kinda like COD does and it's a fair system.
I really like the idea of assist points. I think it promotes team play and works great with using wingmen etc.. I hear many players including myself that would like some credit for wounding someone who only gets killed by someone else. In team play this is not as bad as in a dogfight. And lets face it, many of us are still trying to get upgraded planes so those points mean a lot.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM

It seems to be about 20% or so of people in the games I play make no attempt to stay airbourne if damaged.
Worse still are the people who purposefully get into a flat spin if they're hit. You can tell it's deliberate because if your wings are shredded you'll roll spin a few times before either completely losing control or catching it. WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID

The majority of the people I play against (and all of the people I play with) will catch the initial spin from a wing shot and fly level so you can finish them off. It's fairly hard to shoot down a fighter that's straight and level if you're right on their six, and I've actually got a few kills from people overshooting my smoking swiss cheesed plane.

BTW I've played with you XR62MIB a few times. Good games.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR62MIB View Post
Anyway, to all those who played last night we had some great battles and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Yes XR, it was a great night of dog-fighting…we ran into some pretty tough birds out there…
Old 09-23-2009, 06:20 PM

Yeah, that does get on my nerves but from having to deal with my noob arse all shot up I can say i don't think the majority of them are intentional. I have a bad habit of hitting the deck when in a pinch.... last resort kind of thing. One good shot on me at tree top level and Chuck Yeager couldn't keep my plane in the air. I don't know how many time I've been plugged in the wing and the plane just snap rolls into the ground. I've also had my tail shot out at high alt and been forced due to lack of control to do the slow dive into the ground. But I usually try my best to keep the crate in the air as long as possible. I think I have only bailed out twice and both on the ground. One time I had landed a badly damaged plane in a forest clearing, my attackers tried for 3 mintues to straffe me but kept plowing into the ground next to me. My engine was shot out so I said F it and bailed. The other time was a similar situation but on landing I had shearded the gears off and the plane belly landed without exploding. (have tried to repeat several time but can't) I was just sitting there on the ground next to a house. After a mintue or two on the ground I bailed. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting lumped into the group.