1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derinahon View Post
Re77action, you know Skoshi is talking about Rise of Flight, right?
Ahhh, you just lit my light...
Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 PM

Is this the RoF forum or what?

Seriously, people are comparing CoD to a sim that was in development for quite a long time itself, has a two year head-start with its own share of problems many of which have not yet been fixed (the aircraft "dots" pop into view at 2km or so which messes up situational awareness in a fight, that's why you can have cool terrain with no pop-up, this is about to get fixed now after a whole 2+ years) and all the cool stuff everyone is harping about was developed AFTER its release by charging the community for every single individual content enhancement except the avgas needed to fly the planes

If you want to make accurate comparisons maybe you should pretend that CoD ships with 4 flyables, send $7.6 to 1c for every extra flyable and wait a couple of years, or build a time machine or something, because at the moment it just amounts to dealing cards from a stacked deck and acting surprised at the outcome.

If people want to judge by double standards it's fine by me, they just shouldn't expect it to have the same value as it would if they were judging both sims by the same criteria at similar points during their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Only bad things will be commented. Good things are expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
War is usually the massacre of young people that don't know each other for the sake of old people who don't fight and know each other.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Is this the RoF forum or what?

Seriously, people are comparing CoD to a sim that was in development for quite a long time itself, has a two year head-start with its own share of problems many of which have not yet been fixed (the aircraft "dots" pop into view at 2km or so which messes up situational awareness in a fight, that's why you can have cool terrain with no pop-up, this is about to get fixed now after a whole 2+ years) and all the cool stuff everyone is harping about was developed AFTER its release by charging the community for every single individual content enhancement except the avgas needed to fly the planes

If you want to make accurate comparisons maybe you should pretend that CoD ships with 4 flyables, send $7.6 to 1c for every extra flyable and wait a couple of years, or build a time machine or something, because at the moment it just amounts to dealing cards from a stacked deck and acting surprised at the outcome.

If people want to judge by double standards it's fine by me, they just shouldn't expect it to have the same value as it would if they were judging both sims by the same criteria at similar points during their life.
OK lets make a bottom line....ROF is very playable on my rig...and CLOD isnt....and I have i7920@3.5Ghz, GTZ 470 twinfrozr2 OC to 750Mhz on core, 6 GIGs of RAM (resolution is 1680x1050)....yes I tried all tricks and tweaks and my richie HW and SW experince...end of the story
Old 05-18-2011, 02:17 PM

**sets up popcorn stand**

''roll up, roll up...get yer popcorn here and grab a chair, your in for a treat''
Old 05-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
**sets up popcorn stand**

''roll up, roll up...get yer popcorn here and grab a chair, your in for a treat''
take the corns after US release...you will need it hehe
Old 05-18-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
OK lets make a bottom line....ROF is very playable on my rig...and CLOD isnt....and I have i7920@3.5Ghz, GTZ 470 twinfrozr2 OC to 750Mhz on core, 6 GIGs of RAM (resolution is 1680x1050)....yes I tried all tricks and tweaks and my richie HW and SW experince...end of the story
I dont understand why. Must be something fishy with your system.
I have a I7 930@4 GHz and a GTX 480 and it runs everything at high and 1920x1200 resolution pretty smooth. 12 GB of RAM (had 6 before and there is no real diffrenc noticeable). OS is WIN 7 64 Premium.
I use 14.305 patch since the latest one makes problems in multiplayer.

Winger
Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM

No patch today, maybe next week some new words when patch is out
Old 05-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
I dont understand why. Must be something fishy with your system.
I have a I7 930@4 GHz and a GTX 480 and it runs everything at high and 1920x1200 resolution pretty smooth. 12 GB of RAM (had 6 before and there is no real diffrenc noticeable). OS is WIN 7 64 Premium.
I use 14.305 patch since the latest one makes problems in multiplayer.

Winger
Im talking about last beta which causes slowdowns online....the beta before the last was much smoother, thats true...still even there I have slowdowns when plane in front of me catches fire (when I hit him). So I stand corrected...a bit.

btw, nothing fishy with my rig it runs other games/sims smooth as silk...including the most demanding....
Old 05-18-2011, 02:51 PM

RoF is a modern sim. If you want to compete against the best you at least need to come close. Clod has not. It will I am sure but currently it is falling flat. It needs the il2 community to adopt it as the official replacement to Il2 1946. It does not look like that will happen anytime soon.
So forget about it competing against RoF it cannot really compete against Il2 1946 + mods and that can only be because the developers believed their own hype. They forgot that at least 60% of il2 1946 is community made...
Old 05-18-2011, 03:51 PM

OT:
I downloaded ROT trial version about a year ago probably when it was quite a mature sim already. It did not have any online servers I could enjoy flying. Only a handful of servers with very strange capture the flag mission as in some arcade FPS shooters. So I deleted it.

I purchased IL-2:COD about 2 months ago. It did not have any online servers I could enjoy flying. Only a handful of servers with very strange missions. But it had an engine open for endless possibilities, FMB and C# scripting. So I created an online mission I can enjoy flying not knowing anything on FMB or C# 2 only months ago.

No comments just a little story.

The mission runs on Repka DS#1 server btw. Go and check it out for yourself. The proof of pudding is in the eating