1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 04-20-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffe View Post
Hah. Isn't it like saying you can learn sword fighting by playing Skyrim.
Some of the Dragon Shouts might work at least.
Well, if you eat enough garlic anyway.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:52 AM

well i have the theory that fps are designed by generals to avoid the natural 3/4 of soldiers pretending to shoot

but i dont think this guy really needed this

oh he is bad not crazy when will people tell madness from badness, although i admitt both togetther can be pretty bad
Old 04-20-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
oh he is bad not crazy when will people tell madness from badness, although i admitt both togetther can be pretty bad
So killing 77 defenseless people, most of them children and young adults, in a cold-blooded rampage with guns is something you don't think crazy, or that his reasons for doing so is in any way, shape or form normal? Or that his actions in the courtroom this previous week has been, again, in any way, shape or form anything other than insanity?

Good to know. Real good to know.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:40 AM

well im utterly insane and i dont go on a rampage killing

he is getting all the girls he wants in jail

he has fans

he is spreading his ideas

he made the word multishit famous

he is smarter than me and you together and as crazy as hitler was

when will people get if crime is madness there would be no jails but asylums

of course i admitt theres really bad a bad and crazy person but insanity doesnt mean badnees nor badness means insanity i really dont understand how much people is brainwashed into it

crazy(grazy) has positive connotations, also lunatic , and the word insanity is like condolence

Last edited by raaaid; 04-20-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

So a book about mythical dieties can influence a group of people to fly a plane into three buildings, but playing Modern Warfare on the computer day after day can't influence some one to shoot up a camp filled with children.

I'n NOT saying video games caused this massacre, but I can certainly see a twisted mind becoming desensatized to killing by playing over and over again - thus potentially making it 'easier' for this nut to go out and do what he did. He obviously already had a screw loose, and was looking to express his anger and frustration (that's putting it mildly) at the wind mills in his own mind.

There's a certain point in this man's thought process that went from deep anger, but inaction to deep anger and justifying killing almost 100 people. I believe MW may have been just one influence that contributed to his mental failure.

I realize there's a difference between a 'thus saith the lord' and this man's killing spree. He probably didn't get his unction from MW, but the core symptom of both groups is disatisfaction, anger, frustration, hatred. Both were manipulated to believe it was okay to do wehat they did. The first group by promises in a book - the other by continuous desensativity and sublimating that onto his victims.

Does that mean video games are inherently dangerous? No. But I have no problem believing that certain minds can be influenced. It's a very very small risk - one I don't think warrants the KIND of attention it gets, but it can happen.

...... and in case you think I'm making excuses for him. I'd vote guilty and the death penalty. If not the death penalty - he'd NEVER get out of jail - EVER.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

A death sentence would make him a martyr, in his and his associates eyes, as his belief he had a just cause.
Not wanting to go OT (or into a sensitive area), but, the supposed "Clash of Civilisations" is something to keep in mind here. There's only one thing left really, which can both galvanise and polarise the masses on a world wide basis, and that is religion.
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 PM

They should just chain him to a lamp post in Oslo overnight.. Let the people decide..

Then pick up whatever is left over in the morning. Save a lot of money.

Anyway I thought it was WoW he was playing? "16 hours every day for a year" is what's been reported over here in the UK

That's enough to drive anyone mad.

Oh.. and I bet you that he's got a tiny d**k... And girls used to laugh at him..

Another small man with big issues.

Last edited by winny; 04-20-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
well im utterly insane and i dont go on a rampage killing

he is getting all the girls he wants in jail

he has fans

he is spreading his ideas

he made the word multishit famous

he is smarter than me and you together and as crazy as hitler was

when will people get if crime is madness there would be no jails but asylums

of course i admitt theres really bad a bad and crazy person but insanity doesnt mean badnees nor badness means insanity i really dont understand how much people is brainwashed into it

crazy(grazy) has positive connotations, also lunatic , and the word insanity is like condolence
His insanity is rational. Your insanity is politely irrational. It's like comparing black and white. Good and bad. Enjoy your way of perception of the world and don't let the insane rational people destroy it.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

The court there is about to find itself in a pickle shortly, I feel...

"Two psychiatric evaluations have drawn contradictory conclusions on Breivik's sanity, and ultimately it will be up to the judges to rule on them when they hand down the verdict sometime in mid-July.

Breivik will only get prison if the court deems him sane - something he is fighting for so as not to delegitimise his Islamophobic and anti-multicultural ideology."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-2...rson27/3963898

If the court finds him sane and sentences him to Jail, his "efforts" are legitimised

If the court finds him nutso, then anyone who came before that court for religion based terrorism would also have to (by precedent) be declared nutso

Breivik has already done the "voices in the head" thing, in saying the "voices" were telling him not to do what he was about to.
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 04-20-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Strange really because in the UK the reporter's just minutes after the trial had closed for the day (on different channels too) said the game he had played was (quote):

" He took a sabbatical of (x months) to play a Warcraft game to hone his skills, "World of Warcraft" that was the game two stations quoted.

This-morning in one of the newspapers I read it said the game was Call of Duty Modern Warfare and they illustrated the article with an image from MW2 where the terrorists shoot people in the airport.

I think it makes more 'news' sense to show 'real' gun footage of MW2 than an Elf in WoW?

Maybe I am just cynical?

MP