1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 PM

S!

Seems my TM Warthog will be of use anyway..JTAC's lazing targets and all Oh boy!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

W-O-W!!! DCS is really on top of their game! Exciting times lay ahead.

Patrick
Old 06-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garengarch View Post
and now.....http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=203

IRIS are on-board
Imagine if IRIS brought in a Gustav or Dora of equal quality to the beta P51D? (and a Spit 9 ???)
Old 06-02-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
This $19.99 add-on will allow A-10C, Black Shark 2, and Flaming Cliffs 3 owner to act as ground force commanders as the mission is running.
Users can direct ground units, set fire missions for artillery/multiple rocket launchers, and take the role of a Joint Terminal Air Controller (JTAC).
As the JTAC, players will have night vision goggles, IR pointer, laser designator, and Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR).
Several other new items are still being considered. Combined Arms will work in both single player and multiplayer missions.
From DCS forum
Old 06-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

Wasn't this whole flight sim genere supposed to be dead by now?

There's more work in flight siming this days than back in it's first glory. And the cool thing is that the quality coming out lately is absolutely fantastic.
I really hope 1c can get this engine fixed, tweaked and stable enough to be able to attract some of this third party groups that deliver such high quality products. I think the CLOD engine has many features quite a bit more advanced than DCS, ROF and FSX engine Too bad they have such a hard time getting this thing stable and fine tuned.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit

Last edited by Jaws2002; 06-03-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
Wasn't this whole flight sim genere supposed to be dead by now?

There's more work in flight siming this days than back in it's first glory. And the cool thing is that the quality coming out lately is absolutely fantastic.
I really hope 1c can get this engine fixed, tweaked and stable enough to be able to attract some of this third party groups that deliver such high quality products. I think the CLOD engine has many features quite a bit more advanced than DCS, ROF and FSX engine Too bad they have such a hard time getting this thing stable and fine tuned.
+1
Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

And now I just want them to finish that "DCS World" project and get everything in that "box". As it is now I have more DCS games spread out on my drives than I can count Original FC, FC2, Black Shark 1, Black Shark 2, DCS A10, DCS World (with only the Mustang). And they are all so much the same engine... And to install FC2 you need that old Ubisoft FC1 and now FC3 is coming to DCS World but then you need FC2 installed (which needs the old Starforce(?) FC1). It's a complete mess. And then I have that last patch for Black Shark 2 that was also a separate purchase... I want one installation and one account with all my purchases over the years linked. If I change computer I want to download DCS World, enter my id/password and then it should download/enable ALL my stuff. The best thing would naturally be to include everything in the DCS World codebase so it just is a question of "unlocking" stuff. This must be their plan...

I know that they will get the other ones into DCS World as they are already in the GUI, and that will be nice - with the addition of Combined Arms of course (and a D9 to play with the P-51 or course ).

Last edited by mazex; 06-03-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

That sounds exactly like my DCS mess.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 06-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

The net code is the biggest problem and/or limiting factor with the DCS stuff

And this problem has been around since LockOn.. So I fear they are not going to fix it any time soon

Nothing pops your immersion bubble quicker than seeing a plane sitting on the runway one second.. warping to 10,000ft the next second.. than back onto the runway the next second

As for jet missle kills, ie BVR kill it is not a real big issue.. Only because you can not 'see' a plane warping at BVR!

But now with up close and personal gun kills type of fighting the P51 brings to the table

The net code is going to have to be improved!

You just can not have planes warping around as your lining up your gun sight

If they dont fix it WWII gun kill stuff will never get off the ground (pun intended)

Except for when it warps off the ground!

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 06-03-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
neat-o!

is this that new graphics engie you were talking about?
no