1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 01-30-2013, 03:13 PM

Default RAF Campaign Redux

I verified my COD install today not thinking that it would wipe out my RAF Campaign Redux. Of course I now remember being surprised when the install replaced the default RAF campaign in the first place. Can't the Redux Campaign be installed as a separate additional campaign.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

In theory it could- if you understand the file structure and ini edits required

see
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...8&postcount=15
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the link. The procedure looks straight forward enough espeacially as the steps are so neatly laid out.

Have I lost my progress in the Redux Campaign or will that be retrieved from a saved file somewhere when I re-install the Redux Campaign. Also I assume any future verify operation will cause the same wipeout ?
Old 01-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

I don't think verify wipes the campaign progress file (the 'state' file in Docs folder)- check it's last accessed date.

However if you started a new 'original' campaign after verifying it will be changed.

You can 'cheat' with campaign progress by changing the number in the state file- battleIndex 0 is first mission, battleIndex 19 is 20th mission)

The 'Campaign kills' is saved in the 'score' file and shouldn't have been touched by a verify. You can't edit this file.

Future verify- yes this will do this.
IMHO the most annoying thing about verify is it 'resets' the campaign.ini file which lists any user made campaigns added.
I keep a bakup copy of this (and other useful files such as conf.ini etc)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 PM

Followed your procedure and now appear to have both RAF campaigns in the stack. Thanks

I did lose my progress so I must have started a new campaign

For some reason, both list as "Cliffs of Dover" no matter what I type after "title" but they are the Original and the Redux Campaigns. I discovered at the same time that the reason the 501 Squadron campaign I have was not updating correctly was the lack of the correct folder in My Documents to save the progress in. Oh well. Learned something.

For some reason I also couldn't get the Redux installer to replace the COD campaign so copied the folder files over the top manually. Seems ok now.

I should be getting IL-2 1946 for my new computer any day now if you have any tips re the install for that and the upgrades

Thanks again

Last edited by lorenzoj; 01-30-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

You're getting the hang of CoD's quirks then

Il2 '46:-
First off make a decision what you want to do with it- online/offline, mods/no mods etc- there is quite a choice of options after standard install.

First off I would read these 2 articles
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...Off-The-Ground
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...vik-Essentials

Second, when you get it installed from disk and graphic settings etc sorted MAKE A BACKUP of the entire install and keep it somewhere safe. You can run copies of the install- personally I prefer to have a modded and unmodded installs completely separate (but then I've also got copies of various CoD patches)

Which patch you choose to go for may be limited if you wish to go modded- some mod packs run 4.10 whereas latest official patch is 4.11.

Whatever route you choose I would suggest flying for a while on 4.07 (disk) version for a bit to get used to it, setup controls and generally get to know 'how it works'. Then choose which route(s) you want to go with it

If/when you choose to go modded alot will depend on what you want to do:
for offline campaigns etc DBW from SAS is probably the best choice (no doubt some will disagree with this . This is based on 4.10 atm hence the warning about patching.
For online compatability HSFX seems to be the more popular with the online crowd

Whatever choice you make bookmark this site
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...Downloads_Menu
Lot's of downloads, information etc

Happy flying