1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

Default Does anyone here play Eve

I recently contributed to the Pathfinder Online Kickstarter and have been involved in the crowdforging for the new game.

One thing that came up was the proposed skills model has been taken from a Sci-fi/space MMO called EVE which apparently has been around about 10 years but I have not previously heard of it, so I just signed up for a 14 day free account. (My current thoughts are to initially run solo in a covert black/ops ship exploring nullspace and worm holes and avoiding for the time being PvP wars and combat).

Has anyone played/plays EVE? What are your thoughts?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:30 PM

- I play since late in 2008 with more then one Account
- legally "free to play" if you have a lot ingame money
- a big sandbox and you can do what you want, maybe steal the cash and the assets from a big alliance, or make money with mining, production, 3th party deals, trading and so on...
- real time skilltraining

the best since Frontier Elite II
Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

I picked up, and dropped EVE three times (I very much wanted to like it). If there was more control over the spacecraft, I might have kept playing, but it was as if I wasn't flying the thing really.

Overall... The game looks very cool, especially in some of the larger battles, but gets you bored pretty quick. When you have to pay to be bored, it's time to move on.
SSD: Intel 520 Series 240GB
HDD: WD Black 1000GB (1TB)
MoBo: ASUS P8Z77-V Socket 1155 Intel Z77 Chipset
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

Yeah I worked out pretty quick its not a space flight sim its a MMO-RTS and the battle components seem more about builds and tactics than flying skills.

In fact it looks like if you pursue non-PvP commercial/crafting options you can get away with throwing your cargo ships on autopilot and never fly at all.

Still, it should keep me entertained for a while.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG26_EZ View Post
I picked up, and dropped EVE three times (I very much wanted to like it). If there was more control over the spacecraft, I might have kept playing, but it was as if I wasn't flying the thing really.

Overall... The game looks very cool, especially in some of the larger battles, but gets you bored pretty quick. When you have to pay to be bored, it's time to move on.
Same, i finally gave it up last year for the third time. I would continue playing it if i didnt feel the need to have to play it 24/7 to get anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 AM

played for about a year 4 or 5 years ago

i actually re activated my account like 2 weeks ago as well...just cuz i wanted something different, and something that was a bit more work friendly (the way skills train) since i was starting a new full time job...

its a neat game...the complexity of the game is half the attraction, just so many options and things to do...