1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 01-14-2013, 02:28 PM

Default the fact the proves reality illusion its pretty easy to see can i awake now plz?

all right basically you see a wall where the wall is cause light rebounds on the wall and your eye caughts that rebounded light

from every point of the wall light will come like this V

the big question why when im far from the wall i dont see less light from the wall for im of the top of the V and when im close i recieve more light from being on the apex of the V of rebounded light of the wall

or put it other way what would you rather a sky fully covered by suns or a sky fully covered by stars?

Last edited by raaaid; 01-14-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM

Why wouldn't you see the same amount of light? Actually, you would recieve slightly less direct light off the wall, as you put it, but at the same time you would be receiving more ambient or environmental light due to the increased 'scope' of what you are seeing further away.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 PM

thats true if you consider light REFLECTED LIKE IN A MIRROR

but actually its not reflected but once it hits the object light expands like this V

i try to use basic logic

an object i see it cause emits light, light opens like this V, therefore halving distance to an object should appear 4 times brighter besides 4 times bigger(twice bigger in lenght 4 times in surface)

maybe actually colour light is different than sun light?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 AM

The light you see, (the brightness) is based on how much light is reflected back into your eye - the same way a magnifying glass works - from dim focus, to intense focus which you would burn something with. There is ALWAYS the same packet of light being reflected. Imagine the Sun, and a mirror. You face forwards but the mirror is angled away - therefore you are not in the direct path of the mirror and cannot see it. - (In a perfect world of course)

Light isn't reflected in a V, you have confused yourself. It doesn't come back in both directions. It enters on the left of the V and leaves on the right or vv.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

Well he is kinda right about having the distance and that causing light to appear 4 times brighter. Inverse square law and all.

Then again I'm replying to a raaaid thread, so what do I know.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 AM

I wonder if he is also getting confused about what 'diffusion' is. He thinks a photon of light hits the wall and then gets 'spread' when it bounces off but that single photon still bounces off in one direction and stays the same brightness (ignoring particles in the air etc), just that as the wall is not a perfect mirror it does not bounce off at the same angle as it hit. However other photons that hit the wall at an angle that would not bounce towards his eye in a mirror, will bounce towards his eye because the wall is uneven so the wall looks uniformly lit rather than just showing a reflection of the light source in one place (assuming we are not using very shiny paint)

Inverse square law does not apply to photons; otherwise a candle would be invisible if you were more than a few feet away, hell everything would be invisible! The falling off of light over (large) distances is diffusion and diffraction due to dust & water etc. in the atmosphere.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
Inverse square law does not apply to photons; otherwise a candle would be invisible if you were more than a few feet away, hell everything would be invisible! The falling off of light over (large) distances is diffusion and diffraction due to dust & water etc. in the atmosphere.
Oh, I guess I misunderstood what raaaid was saying.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post

but actually its not reflected but once it hits the object light expands like this V
Considering that light is a frequency and travels as a wave, it is not as a V that light is reflected off any given object... how would think glare comes about?
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 PM

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...sion/isql.html

i think i know whats going on:

just the light that is meant to be seen exists, when you dont look at the moon it doesnt exist

like that light that rebounds in an object actually goes like this I not like this V for only the light that enter the eye exists
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM

All the light and every object it reflects off exists. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.