1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

Reading through the lines I get the message don't expect much, but do expect reliability...some of us had that with Clod, plus the much more aspect.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 01-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
lol i bet you are a good customer for the shopping channel on tv to all that shines isnt gold, and the infomercial marketing hype that you will see from the RoF-BS campaign in the next 12 months is not equal to the end-product description

what i do think is rather funny, in a sad kinda way, is that you are responding like an enthusiastic little puppy at all things RoF-BS (a product which is non existent), yet you didnt have the common courtesy to provide positive constructive feedback to a far more superior product which already existed and was 75% completed
'Responding like an enthusiastic little puppy ...to a product which is non existent' - I did the same for COD pre-release too. Guess I just tend to look at the positive rather than constantly hate.

'you didnt have the common courtesy to provide positive constructive feedback to a far more superior product which already existed and was 75% completed'
I gave constructive feedback on COD for a long time. Don't try your usual 'black and white thinking' trick of now casting me as one of the long-time haters. I was far from it.

It's still a great disappointment for me that I never saw it realise its full potential (in my own personal opinion and speaking as an offliner. I know many people have already enjoyed and continue to enjoy COD)

Quote:
and another oddity in your behavior is that you come and post the RoF-BS trivia here ( a CoD forum), yet you and your Rof-BS chums eagerly support the marketing censorship at the RoF forums which prevent any normal discussion and comparison with other products.
I posted it (with reservations expressed because of the reaction of intolerant people like yourself) in the Pilot's Lounge section of the site where, if you care to take the blinkers off for two seconds, you will find posts about Hanks and Spielberg making a new series, War Thunder, the International Space Station, Burma Spitfires (or the lack of them), and various Raaaid threads.

I thought some people might be interested as the announcement had some interesting and surprising details, or is BOS the only topic that in your opinion should never ever be brought up here?

Quote:
see there is good news about CoD's progress you should have noticed, maybe that would be something to discuss in the CoD forum instead ?
now is that worth discussing in the CoD forum instead ?

but wait there is more, the same group that already succesfully made those improvements is also working on further improvements, like a better COOP method that makes it easier for unskilled people to use that function, fixing the visibility bubble etc.. now THAT is newsworthy in a CoD forum !!
That's great news about COD, and also the first I've heard about it as afaik it hasn't been publicised on this forum before (probably understandably given the development is 'unofficial'). I'm excited and will look forward to testing out whatever update is released.

---Edit

Ok, just seen the Team Fusion announcement buried in the Modding section, so it seems I'm a little out of date. Finally registered on ATAG to see the screenies. Looks good. Here's hoping for good days ahead.

Last edited by kendo65; 01-26-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
.........Zapatista's self portrait..........

Old 01-27-2013, 03:49 AM
Approved Member

don'tcha hate it, when those who set out on a campaign find themselves on the receiving end of that same campaign... finding themselves being served up what they themselves dished out

"They are almost universally unaware of their own condition. They plow through message boards blindly shooting slogans and hurling insults believing that they are Soldiers of the Light. I'm more likely to talk somebody out of breathing than converting a fanboy."

there is a certain hypocrisy in that statement, when taken in context of what is posted by the author....
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 01-27-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:44 AM

To tell you the truth I find the BoS updates fairly much on par with the COD updates, except we're not getting any idea about the look of the new sim - no screen shots or early concept artwork.

It is very interesting that Loft tells us straight that the video's posted are for general interest ONLY!

Its obvious that the the Mig 3 and I16 did not have a part in the Battle of Stalingrad at the stage depicted in the sim and probably wont be in the sim when it is released but over half the comments revolve about the pilots comments of the two planes????

I find it very strange.

I got two questions answered for which I am very grateful but I'm hanging out to get a feeling of what this games going to be like
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
To tell you the truth I find the BoS updates fairly much on par with the COD updates, except we're not getting any idea about the look of the new sim - no screen shots or early concept artwork.

It is very interesting that Loft tells us straight that the video's posted are for general interest ONLY!

Its obvious that the the Mig 3 and I16 did not have a part in the Battle of Stalingrad at the stage depicted in the sim and probably wont be in the sim when it is released but over half the comments revolve about the pilots comments of the two planes????

I find it very strange.

I got two questions answered for which I am very grateful but I'm hanging out to get a feeling of what this games going to be like

Did you post this in the developer update comments thread

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Did you post this in the developer update comments thread
BlackSix told us that the planes weren't involved. I did make a thread for the Mig3 V I-16 in the apropriate section so people can duke it out in a private room.

And it's plain hillarious to see people that bagged Oleg and the Luthier for "useless update" are tugging their forlocks for the same-old from the BoS team.

Maybe they have seen the error in their ways and can now see how destructive their attitude was?

We can only hope - though I can see certain patterns repeating.

You know if you don't learn from history you're fairly well certain to repeat the same old errors and I guess the biggest trolls evolve from jilted Fanbois'.

Gwd 'elp the poor old BoS Team!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 01-27-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
Zapatista...

We are all disappointed (and to some extent angry) that the development of CloD ended, but at least we should give BoS a chance...
It´s not the BoS-Dev´s fault that CloD was given up, that was the 1C-management...

All that negativity... it just doesn´t help.
It didnt ended my friend

[IMG]http://www.rincondesimulacion.com/im...00x200warz.png[/IMG]
Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
BlackSix told us that the planes weren't involved. I did make a thread for the Mig3 V I-16 in the apropriate section so people can duke it out in a private room.

And it's plain hillarious to see people that bagged Oleg and the Luthier for "useless update" are tugging their forlocks for the same-old from the BoS team.

Maybe they have seen the error in their ways and can now see how destructive their attitude was?

We can only hope - though I can see certain patterns repeating.

You know if you don't learn from history you're fairly well certain to repeat the same old errors and I guess the biggest trolls evolve from jilted Fanbois'.

Gwd 'elp the poor old BoS Team!

I see ...that group and its leader's have been neutered, and some roots of one(), were severed in the process.

Last edited by SlipBall; 01-27-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

I have zero interest in this game and no intentions of buying it, but wish them luck regardless.