1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekmike View Post
Well, at least I hope folks play other sims in addition to this one.
Absolutely I do, I'm even guilty of playing the arcadey ones too and even ROF.

Sorry you took my post so personally...

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 03-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

"Feel" in a flightsim is -for me personally- very important. I guess some hardcore sim developers think so too, take A2A for example and their Accu-Feel add-on (yeah, it even has the word "feel" in it). That small little add-on breaths life in to even the lowliest of FSX add-on aircraft. I love to fly my PMDG MD-11, it's a wonderfully simulated aircraft but accu-feel gives it a real soul. It makes a difference and I'm not the only one who thinks so, it's a top seller on many simware sites. The feedback of flying a real plane is sooooo far from the sterile environment of a PC cockpit and that's the biggest thing that is missing from flight simulators, you may model a plane 100% perfectly but that doesn't mean it feels right. This is beginning to sound more and more like an ad for A2A but I have to say, the closest I've ever come to feeling the same as flying a real plane is when I fly the A2A Cub with accu-sim. It might sound extra stupid coming from someone who has never actually flown a real plane but it's hard to describe, just awesome though. So yeah, model every knob, get every aerodynamic calculation right and every rivet perfectly placed, it still won't guarantee a plane that feels awesome to fly, feel is equally important for me anyway. This of course does not include, Tie-fighter physics, there are limits.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Absolutely I do, I'm even guilty of playing the arcadey ones too and even ROF.

Sorry you took my post so personally...
I did not take it personally, just pointing out what it was.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I did not take it personally, just pointing out what it was.
Oh, I'm sorry, just not sure how else to refer to casual/console/arcade style players in any other way, I had no idea the litteral was perceived as an insult.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 03-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
"Feel" in a flightsim is -for me personally- very important. I guess some hardcore sim developers think so too, take A2A for example and their Accu-Feel add-on (yeah, it even has the word "feel" in it). That small little add-on breaths life in to even the lowliest of FSX add-on aircraft. I love to fly my PMDG MD-11, it's a wonderfully simulated aircraft but accu-feel gives it a real soul. It makes a difference and I'm not the only one who thinks so, it's a top seller on many simware sites. The feedback of flying a real plane is sooooo far from the sterile environment of a PC cockpit and that's the biggest thing that is missing from flight simulators, you may model a plane 100% perfectly but that doesn't mean it feels right. This is beginning to sound more and more like an ad for A2A but I have to say, the closest I've ever come to feeling the same as flying a real plane is when I fly the A2A Cub with accu-sim. It might sound extra stupid coming from someone who has never actually flown a real plane but it's hard to describe, just awesome though. So yeah, model every knob, get every aerodynamic calculation right and every rivet perfectly placed, it still won't guarantee a plane that feels awesome to fly, feel is equally important for me anyway. This of course does not include, Tie-fighter physics, there are limits.
How can something modelled to 100% accuracy feel anything other than right?......awesome is always going to be subjective and very personal.

This really beginning to become a desire for style over substance......which wings of prey achieves perfectly.

Note that the key to your ultimate satisfaction came from 3rd party software, something CoD may in all likelyhood have benefited from given the chance...........Thank god for Team Fusion.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry, just not sure how else to refer to casual/console/arcade style players in any other way, I had no idea the litteral was perceived as an insult.
Because you are using the terms to describe anyone that seems to disagree with you, the terms you use (console player, arcade, etc) are used as insults, you know it, we all know it, this is a FLIGHT SIMULATION forum, there are some here who see those terms as insults, you know it and that is why you do it.

Personally, I don't see them as insults, I play enough flight sims to know what a simulation means vs a arcade experience

Quote:
How can something modelled to 100% accuracy feel anything other than right?......awesome is always going to be subjective and very personal.

This really beginning to become a desire for style over substance......which wings of prey achieves perfectly.

Note that the key to your ultimate satisfaction came from 3rd party software, something CoD may in all likelyhood have benefited from given the chance...........Thank god for Team Fusion.

And here is another fine example of what I am talking about, you are saying that we all want "style over substance" just because we don't agree with your personal views, you make it even more predictable by taking the time in the end of this statement to praise CloD, we get it, you really like CloD, so do we, that is why we are all on this forum.

I don't know if you are just doing it to get a rise out of people or if you really don't see all the subtle (well, not that subtle) ways you take pot shots at anyone who disagree's with you but it is getting kinda predictable at best and just tiring at worst.

So, can we just get back to talking about DCS FW-190 and not continue the usual debates that have (frankly) solved nothing at all?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

No, really, I'm using the term to desribe casual/arcade/console players

are you saying the best way for me to engage in conversation even if I take a contray view is to not say anything at all?

do you just wan't me to shut up because I don't appear to agree with you?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
No, really, I'm using the term to desribe casual/arcade/console players

are you saying the best way for me to engage in conversation even if I take a contray view is to not say anything at all?

do you just wan't me to shut up because I don't appear to agree with you?
No I am saying that anyone who has a different opinion than you is treated like they are trying to dumb down flight sims or something.

I have said my peace, this debate has gone on too long and it is going in circles.

Last edited by startrekmike; 03-10-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
No I am saying that anyone who has a different opinion than you is treated like they are trying to dumb down flight sims or something.

I have said my peace, this debate has gone on too long and it is going in circles.
No, I'm saying casual/console/arcade style players often contribute in a way that would indicate they would like to dumb sims down as if a fear of the reality aspects might eat into precious Hollywood effects.

I did wonder when you'd realise your argument is unnecessary.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Quote:
Absolutely. As a moderator I can only agree.
Closed Thread