1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Patches

Patches Patches for RNR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Dnkiwi Dnkiwi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 33
Question Rig'n'roll idea

hi guys i have been thinking about the idea of a virtual Cb for RnR useing the team speak software so that those who would like a cb type of setup can chat with other players and am wondering how many would use it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-05-2010, 11:19 AM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnkiwi View Post
hi guys i have been thinking about the idea of a virtual Cb for RnR useing the team speak software so that those who would like a cb type of setup can chat with other players and am wondering how many would use it.
How would this be used in the game? It sounds like a multi-player issue that the game is not designed for, or are you talking about communicating with the AI truckers that you hire? I'm wondering how this would be implanted in the game world. I remember 18WoS having a generic CB to get general information, but became dull, and repetitive.
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Dnkiwi Dnkiwi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
How would this be used in the game? It sounds like a multi-player issue that the game is not designed for, or are you talking about communicating with the AI truckers that you hire? I'm wondering how this would be implanted in the game world. I remember 18WoS having a generic CB to get general information, but became dull, and repetitive.
this would use team speack which can be used both in and out the game as a voice over ip which will alower other players around the globe to chat to each other and simulate a cb without modifying the game in anyway shape or form so even though RnR is not multiplayer you be able talk in realtime to fellow players as if u using a cb they this function in microsofts flight simulator hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-05-2010, 11:40 AM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnkiwi View Post
this would use team speack which can be used both in and out the game as a voice over ip which will alower other players around the globe to chat to each other and simulate a cb without modifying the game in anyway shape or form so even though RnR is not multiplayer you be able talk in realtime to fellow players as if u using a cb they this function in microsofts flight simulator hope this helps.
That sounds great for the communicating type, but I wouldn't use it. Now if RnR could implant CB usage for the AI truck drivers that you hire...... Well that would be fantastic. Think of the possibilities.
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Dnkiwi Dnkiwi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
That sounds great for the communicating type, but I wouldn't use it. Now if RnR could implant CB usage for the AI truck drivers that you hire...... Well that would be fantastic. Think of the possibilities.
i have to agree hence why me my friend who run our own website have come up with this idear to give the delovpers some incentive and provide an alternative for those wanting to have that feature in the meantime and there would no charge at all as all would be welcome to use it also it could be used to pass on tips and advice to others who need walked through some of the setups. but i know i have tired it myself and found it to be alot of fun
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 PM
GinXeng GinXeng is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shire Reeve
Posts: 123
Default

I used to do this when I owned my old trucking community (TruckSims). I had a teamspeak server and also a SAMP server where we would drive trucks together.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Dnkiwi Dnkiwi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 33
Default

at the moment we are just floating the idear to gauge interest but if theres the number who would use it then it could be set up with little effort and time
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 05-07-2010, 07:12 AM
obsolum obsolum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 160
Default

This just seems weird to me. This would be an awesome idea if RnR supported multiplayer but as it is now there just wouldn't be any point to it at all IMO. I mean, what would you talk about? The players would all be in seperate "worlds" with different driving conditions etc so it's not like you could say "hey guys, anyone know what the weather is like near Oxnard" or "I'm currently on the I95 on my way to such and such, anyone heading the same way?" or stuff like that. For all you know the other guy could just as well be playing a totally different game, it would make no difference at all.

Just my 2 cents
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 05-07-2010, 12:01 PM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
This just seems weird to me. This would be an awesome idea if RnR supported multiplayer but as it is now there just wouldn't be any point to it at all IMO. I mean, what would you talk about? The players would all be in seperate "worlds" with different driving conditions etc so it's not like you could say "hey guys, anyone know what the weather is like near Oxnard" or "I'm currently on the I95 on my way to such and such, anyone heading the same way?" or stuff like that. For all you know the other guy could just as well be playing a totally different game, it would make no difference at all.

Just my 2 cents
I was trying to convey that very point, but I think you hit the nail on the head, better then I did a few postings back.
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Dnkiwi Dnkiwi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
This just seems weird to me. This would be an awesome idea if RnR supported multiplayer but as it is now there just wouldn't be any point to it at all IMO. I mean, what would you talk about? The players would all be in seperate "worlds" with different driving conditions etc so it's not like you could say "hey guys, anyone know what the weather is like near Oxnard" or "I'm currently on the I95 on my way to such and such, anyone heading the same way?" or stuff like that. For all you know the other guy could just as well be playing a totally different game, it would make no difference at all.

Just my 2 cents
As stated in my above post this is just a idear and players could talk about anything not just RnR but in saying that it would be ideal for offering help to other players who may need walked through a mission etc

Last edited by Dnkiwi; 05-07-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.