1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaB View Post
I wasn't too serious, maybe shoud've added a smilie. Let's substitute "shot" with "flogged with a wet towel". ^^
lol much better!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:18 PM

a more immersive campaign would be interesting indeed. The first thing I'm really hoping for though is a somewhat longer campaign! 15 RAF missions is, rather short if you ask me.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:20 PM

Default Music

Regarding the music, that's "Bomben Auf England" which was the Nazi "themesong" for the Battle of Britain, I don't know whether it was Rall or Galland who said that the pilots hated it from the start so you're not the first
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 PM

Yeah, just simple stuff it doesn't have to be like a Black Ops cut-scene.
Just simple and engaging, ya know, just to build a little suspense and anticipation...

Like starting the RAF campaign with a single camera panning through the airfield at eye height while a "Real" Voice Over introduces the character and a little bit of his back story.
No need for animations at all

The camera can start at the door of the HQ building with the VO talking about his first encounter with the CO,
"After only being here a few moments I feel welcomed. Part of a special family. The CO was stressed and distracted
but a warm soul, making the time to walk around the desk to give me a hardy back slap. He was clearly impressed
by my flight training records and ended our brief meeting by saying that for an able new flyer such as myself he
had reserved as special plane that reflected my promise. What a nice man...
He has sent me directly to the hangers to meet my crew and inspect my new bird... etc etc "

Camera walks through the base (see signs of base life) while VO is speaking till we reach the hanger doors.

Camera flows to the hanger entrance and we see a spanky new shiny Spitfire.
VO: "Woooah"

From off-screen we hear sounds of spanners,
banging, muttered swearing and pieces of metal falling to the floor

Camera pans to the source of the racket which is coming from a darkened corner of the hanger. Camera start moving toward the noise....
Revealing in the corner a clapped out old hurricane, with bullet holes, rudder missing, cowling off and prop damaged...
There is a guy lying underneath the plane. He is clearly the source of all the noise...

The work noises stop and we hear the 2nd VO, "Top of the mornin' to ya shithead, are you our new flyer?"

VO "Well, um... Yes. Actually I am."

Second VO, "Well now... Welcome to xxx squadron, this ones yours."

Bring up the campaign/mission/briefing load screen...

Not a single pre-rendered animation in the whole scene. There is no need for big man power to make flashy cut scenes. It just takes some thought on how to use the tools at hand,
Good scripting and good Voice Overs. Both of which we have in the IL2 community.

I would love to work on story building scripts for inbetween missions. Most of the time
you don't even need graphics to go with them. Arual imerssion can be even more striking than visual, if written well.

Last edited by matsher; 04-05-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsher View Post
I would love to work on story building scripts for inbetween missions. Most of the time
you don't even need graphics to go with them. Arual imerssion can be even more striking than visual, if written well.
Considering the current state of COD that's just about the only feasible thing. and yes, I'd like to try my hand at those things as well.