1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
If you walked into a restaurant and 20+ people told you the fish was off, would you take a mouthfull?
Yes, if the twenty telling me this had not tried the fish and had only heard that it was off, while at the same time many others that had actually tried it said it wasn't too bad.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
I spend A LOT of time reading people of Maddox Games and TD talking about "rigid standards"...

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll... Standards about WHAT?!?!?!

What I can clearly see untill now is something very close of the ANCIENT original IL-2 graphic engine, heavy as hell, with a REAL trouble rendering large towns, stuttering in the SAME WAY OLD IL-2 DOES, etc.

Remember the crap talking about mods?

"Ohhhh... this effect mod don't run well! It's not fulfill the rigid standards!"

Now we see all the reviews and videos of this beta stage sim? With this demanding graphic engine with litte things better than IL-2 1946?

Gimme a break, please! I'm tired of be a fanboy. CoD is a big deception until now. Let's face the true!
No probs, your loss see you later, you obviously only read the negative posts and apart from Trees rants there is no evidence at all that this is not a new engine
Old 03-29-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger27 View Post
No probs, your loss see you later, you obviously only read the negative posts and apart from Trees rants there is no evidence at all that this is not a new engine
I didn't said it's not a "new" engine, just said that a lot of the OLD engine issues remains.

Fanboys didn't read well, I know. And I'm not going anywhere...
Old 03-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Global Moderator

This is the kinda thread we need... one place where every one can complain about the fish being off... and still eat it.

You guys crack me up.

Don't think you need to ask for this to be a sticky... some of you are answering your own postings. Doubtless this mess can run on for awhile

Remember, profanity and personal attacks will get you banned.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
I didn't said it's not a "new" engine, just said that a lot of the OLD engine issues remains.

Fanboys didn't read well, I know. And I'm not going anywhere...
I read perfectly well thanks, and it appears you don't have English as your first language(nothing wrong with that) so I may have misunderstood your comments, but the following certainly implies that you have doubts about the newness of this engine

"What I can clearly see untill now is something very close of the ANCIENT original IL-2 graphic engine, heavy as hell, with a REAL trouble rendering large towns, stuttering in the SAME WAY OLD IL-2 DOES, etc."

I'm actually a fanboy of all flight sims, and I'm glad you are not going anywhere as that will be one more purchase, but one thing, how about you make comments based on some facts, that will get this sim fixed up a lot quicker than ranting about old engines etc IMO.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:25 AM
Approved Member

Wink

My initial reaction to Tree's 'Fish' question was that if he was one of the people saying it was off, I'd buy the fish for sure. I now realise I was wrong - I should buy shares in the restaurant instead.

P.S. Tree, if you ever get to fly online in CloD, I'd use another name. I doubt you'll survive for long when people figure out who you are...
Old 03-29-2011, 03:49 AM
Global Moderator

Those that rant, whine and complain about issues with the bob COD should post their system specs when they post.

Most complaints are probably from people with lower quality spec systems, and they are just venting.

You can't make a race car out of a bicycle.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger27 View Post
Yes, if the twenty telling me this had not tried the fish and had only heard that it was off, while at the same time many others that had actually tried it said it wasn't too bad.
I dont like fish though
Old 03-29-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I dont like fish though
Hehe that's a separate issue for the current fun people are having with your earlier anology.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 AM

I will eat this fish because I love fish, got a gigantic bass in this same lagoon sometime ago, in 2002, and I don't find any other fish to eat! I really like the WWII MP air combat bass!

Understand that, please. If people lost time here, posting, this means something... I'll use this bass in a dish for +50 people, all eating at the same time. If it isn't smooth, it's useless to me... I'm not a "single eater" person like a lot here.