1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 AM

Default Motion blur or e-filter?

I noticed this strange ghosting effect throughout game-play in my testing of CoD (Russian). At first I though it was my monitor. It looked like the ghosting you would get on older LCD monitors with slow response times. I took some video with Fraps and slowed it down to a third of it's original speed. There is a definite ghosting going on, noticeable on the rudder pedals and in particular the throttle lever in this video (below).
Is this evidence of the E-filter (happens with and without AntiEpilepcy = 0), or is it a strangely implemented motion-blur effect? Whatever it is I don't particularly like it. It can be seen on all objects, buildings etc not just in the cockpit.

Anybody else experiencing this or is it a quirk of my system?

This is a direct capture with Fraps. It was played back with Media Player Classic at 1/3 speed and then captured again. No post blending. It is as you see, but slowed down.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:35 AM

pretty sure e-filter doin that. when u apply the AntiEpilepcy=0 line the graphics stop doin the ghost thing
Old 03-30-2011, 11:37 AM

Hmm. I get ghosting when aircraft pass, I thought I'd applied the E-filter. In a way that's comforting, as if when I finally do turn it off I'll get another 10fps. Which'll be nice.

Last edited by Ploughman; 03-30-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughman View Post
Hmm. I get that and I thought I'd applied the E-filter. In a way that's comforting, as if when I finally do turn it off I'll get another 10fps. Which'll be nice.
where bouts did u apply it to? its funny how it worked for some ppl in the conf.ini file, but for others it worked in the confs.ini.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helrza View Post
pretty sure e-filter doin that. when u apply the AntiEpilepcy=0 line the graphics stop doin the ghost thing
Not for me. It happens with and without the line:
[BOB]
AntiEpilepcy = 0
Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helrza View Post
where bouts did u apply it to? its funny how it worked for some ppl in the conf.ini file, but for others it worked in the confs.ini.

I applied it everywhere people suggested on the ass umption that the code would ingnore it if it was in the wrong place, the conf.ini below the [BoB], and at the end of the Confs.ini. I applied it without spaces, ie; AntiEpilepcy=0 rather than AntiEpilepcy = 0.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:18 PM

wow, thats weird! lol i put it under [BOB] in the conf.ini file and the ghosting stopped right away! i used both to test it, with or without the spaces and both worked
Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 PM

You have to edit the conf.ini that is your documents, not in the main CoD folder. Just in case you edited the wrong one

I can't remember the whole path but have a look in : your documents\my games\1C 'something'\
Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Perhaps you changed the wrong conf.ini? Is it the one in your user directory that you changed?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAdrien View Post
You have to edit the conf.ini that is your documents, not in the main CoD folder. Just in case you edited the wrong one

I can't remember the whole path but have a look in : your documents\my games\1C 'something'\

That's what I did, the main folder. I will edit the right one and see if it makes a difference.