1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:58 AM

Maybe Anton can pull some strings with Hori corp and have them release a black Ace Edge stick in a limited edition IL-2 combo package. Call it like "Real Man's Ace Edge Flightstick" for REAL MEN who play IL-2. Not those girly men who use the grey and green ugly ace edge stick

As if anton didn't already have too much to do to get IL2 released.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 AM

Hi Anton,
could your team test all flight sticks on the market, which are compatible to XBox360 and PS3? There could be problems with some flight sticks, and I don't want to buy a flight stick, where the right programming is missed between the game and the flight stick in acc. to Desode as shown in my posted Youtube video.

Thank you in advance!
Roadie
Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarmasutra96 View Post
maybe anton can pull some strings with hori corp and have them release a black ace edge stick in a limited edition il-2 combo package. Call it like "real man's ace edge flightstick" for real men who play il-2. Not those girly men who use the grey and green ugly ace edge stick

As if anton didn't already have too much to do to get il2 released.
sold!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:41 PM

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a new ace edge flightstick bundle on ebay today. Okay, now bring on the game!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Hi Anton,
could your team test all flight sticks on the market, which are compatible to XBox360 and PS3? There could be problems with some flight sticks, and I don't want to buy a flight stick, where the right programming is missed between the game and the flight stick in acc. to Desode as shown in my posted Youtube video.

Thank you in advance!
Roadie
Dear Roadie Thanks for your reply. I don't think your understanding what I'm saying. So I will try to explain this better. When the Ace edge comes out of the factory brand new,the sensors inside the stick, that track any movement of the stick, in any direction, are made so the joystick has no dead zone.

The joystick is not made from the factory with any dead zone. When a Game Developer creates a game , they write the programing and the code for the game. This includes the controls. What happened with Ace combat 6 is that the Developer's Screwed us ! The joystick didn't.
The stick has no dead zone. They put the dead zone in there on purpose ! So that a person using a flightstick would not have a advantage over a person using a controller.

In my video I show a good way to test this, and that is to use the ace edge flight stick with other games. If the dead zone was a fault of the stick itself(how it was made), then its not something you could fix, by programing. That deadzone would always be there in every game if it was fault of the Ace edge's construction.

Since Raiden Aces is a collection of what some people would call one of the best top scrolling shooters of all time,, The developers knew that any of use that have a Ace edge flightstick would want to use it to play the game.

When they added in Ace edge support to Raiden aces, they had programers that knew what they were doing ! They understood that this game was in the actual arcade with a flightstick ,so they made a game with the flightstick in mind.
They added a setting to their options that enables you to adjust the dead zone. See some people ( I don't know why !) want a certian amount of deadzone in their joystick settings.
I want NO dead zone. I mean if I move that stick even a hair ! I want that movement to happen in game.
Thats what this video I made shows. The dead zone that you have shown in your video is not because of the Ace Edge joystick. The Ace edge has no dead zone. It all up to the programers who make the game.

I hope this better explains what I'm saying.

Here is a short video I made:

I want to thank Roadie for bringing this topic up for us to talk about.
Thanks for your time and consideration, DESODE
Old 06-25-2009, 12:31 AM

honestly the whole deadzone thing means absolutely nothing

I played through all of ace combat and didnt have a problem
Old 06-25-2009, 02:17 AM

Ok, thank you Desode for this exactly report!

So Anton have to look, that there are flight sticks on the market, where dead zone adjustion could be at the sticks, and he have to pay attention about this problem.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:54 AM

I wasn't aware that there were any flightsticks for the 360 that would work with IL-2.

Good thing I saw this thread.

What is the "Aviator" flight stick like? I haven't seen any of these at the local electronics stores I've checked.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchochias View Post
I wasn't aware that there were any flightsticks for the 360 that would work with IL-2.

Good thing I saw this thread.

What is the "Aviator" flight stick like? I haven't seen any of these at the local electronics stores I've checked.

thats the aviator

here is the ACE EDGE

Old 06-25-2009, 05:38 AM

Thanks for the pictures, I looked it up but couldn't find out how much either of these flightsticks cost.