1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

Some of the smart lads have done a F18 skin for the F-15 in Lockon, and other aircraft. Read about it on the DCS forum about a year ago, it was almost finished at that time. Main forum address below:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/
Intel i7 4820K @ 4.6GHz - Thermaltake Armour - ASUS P9X79 - Silverstone1200w PSU - 2 x Gigabyte R9 290 - 16GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3-1866 - Trackir 5 Pro - Logitek X3D - Saitek Pro Pedals - Dell 24" @ 1920x1200 - W7 HP 64x
Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 AM

Kups, on their website they say that they're at the 80% mark. DCS A-10 would be a good study sim in the meantime. Amazing really:

Old 11-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Nutcase View Post
Kups, on their website they say that they're at the 80% mark. DCS A-10 would be a good study sim in the meantime. Amazing really:

Cheers both! Would be good to see that come out, but it's nice to see the rise in study sims at the moment. Unfortunately they're all about aircraft that I'm not too interested in (although Seven G certainly has my eye). If someone ever did one about a Hunter or any other Cold War RAF job (or even later, I'd still be all over a Tornado sim if it were made) I'd be all over it like a shot though, but I suppose there's not too much of a market for that sort of thing unfortunately, so the modern ones will have to do.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

If you like hunters theres an option, not much of a 'study' sim, the developers describe it themselves as a sim 'lite', but the Strike fighters series is alot of fun....shame the 2 series has no multiplayer.

http://www.thirdwire.com/

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 11-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
If you like hunters theres an option, not much of a 'study' sim, the developers describe it themselves as a sim 'lite', but the Strike fighters series is alot of fun....shame the 2 series has no multiplayer.

http://www.thirdwire.com/
Ahh brilliant, thanks for the heads up! I'll have a look in to that. I've been waiting for a Hunter combat sim for a long time. There's supposed to be one in the works for the Il2 1956 mod, but with CloD around it's hard to tell what original Il2 projects will ever see the light of day any more. That, and since CloD and RoF I find it difficult to go back to the older, 'simpler' sims. The Il2 cockpits and terrain particularly just look naff now and it just lacks the 'feel' of CloD (when it's working right), so much so that even my beloved Tempest can't bring me back. I think I'll just have to either settle for Meteor's in Korea (if the Korean expansion for CloD ever gets out, and if Meteor's were ever going to be included) for my early jet fix unless someone comes out with something that rivals CloD with visuals and feeling. Until then at least a Tempest for CloD to go tearing up France in would suffice.

Still, a bit more back on topic with study sims in mind, given the relatively large amount of Hunters still flying it really wouldn't be too hard to make a study sim, or even a sim as detailed as CloD, on one, but I suppose since they never saw any combat that wasn't seriously lop sided in their favour it's not anything the average sim flyer is concerned about I suppose, and given the fact that the market is already small enough...

...it just means I have to win the lottery then build my own
Old 11-09-2011, 09:15 PM

Its for FSX but its exceptionally well done:

http://www.vrsimulations.com/FA18EFSX.htm

http://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.htm