1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingblind View Post
pretty much non existant brakes.
Right, who needs brakes anyway?
But don't worry it's just your wife and kids life you put in jeopardy...

Decent tires and brakes are pretty much the only things a car really needs.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

No reason to be shy. You deserve the place, and that´s it... and if they can´t accept your car there, they have to give you a new one...
Old 11-17-2012, 06:43 PM

A quick footnote on my parking at work. No, I didn't park the Citroen with the directors even though the thought of bringing the whole image of the place down was quite amusing. But sadly the poor old thing died. Coming home Friday evening I got stuck in traffic crawling along because of roadworks and it overheated badly. An 11 mile run ended up taking nearly 2 hours by the time I had stopped to cool down a couple of times. My luck would be a head gasket although it might just be the thermostate.

I need a car for work so I had a quick snout round Saturday morning and managed to find a silver turbo diesel Rover 45. It is top of the range model with all the bibs and bobs like alloy wheels, CD player etc and a spoiler (although not sure why you would have a spoiler on the back of a diesel). It is nearly as old as the Citroen but not especially high mileage and, dare I say it, in almost showroom condition without a scratch, dink or dent to be seen. And at a grand I would almost recoupe the cost in the next year due to the massive increase in fuel economy and the cost of dragging the Citroen through another MoT.

I would normally be a little sceptical about a Rover but then I have owned two Skoda Estelles in my time so I can't be that choosey.

So am I going to park my gleaming new motah in the directors parking place? Still no as the whole idea is totally naff anyway.