1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Good to know, i'll try it out next time i'm flying that temperamental coffin
I have all the bombsight functions mapped to my numeric keypad with shift and ctrl combinations, i'll have a look at it.

Also, thanks to IvanK for the renewed feedback
Old 10-01-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
[…] In the case of the Spitfire MKI the Wiggle room and technique on how to get benefit of it is clearly stated in the Spit Manual. To all intensive purposes it provided similar pitch control to what we see in the 109E though ergonomically not as well set up. No such mention of this wiggle room is mentioned in the Hurricane I manuals though. Here is an excerpt describing its operation from the Spit I pilots notes:

Quote:
I think that assumption is incorrect Blackdog Kt The Spit manual implies that its just a matter of using the Prop pitch control as a Vernier device that enables you some additional control of Prop pitch other than just the Coarse and Fine stops. The location of the Prop pitch control in the Spit I makes it a little easier to manage.
That’s very interesting information IvanK, thanks for sharing!

Regarding the de Havilland two position propeller on the Spitfire I: "If the two position control is fitted on this aeroplane it can also be operated to give various airscrew pitch settings between fine and coarse; this is obtained by slowly moving the control between its range of movement until the desired r.p.m. are obtained. […] This in effect will give a similar improvement in performance to that obtained by means of a constant speed airscrew."

Are the devs aware of this?

Hmm, come to that; are the devs aware that Spitfire Is were equipped with constant speed propellers during the Battle of Britain?

Last edited by lane; 10-01-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:48 AM

"Are the devs aware of this?

Hmm, come to that; are the devs aware that Spitfire Is were equipped with constant speed propellers during the Battle of Britain? "

Yes the Devs are aware of both these facts.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Yes the Devs are aware of both these facts.
Thanks for the feedback IvanK. What is the likelihood that the simulation will be corrected by the developers to more accurately reflect the Spitfire I’s condition and performance during the Battle of Britain by incorporating these facts into the flight model?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:06 PM

It will be fixed just not sure exactly when.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:24 PM

Default Blenheim how to gget high

Hello,

Could'nt get abouve 10 k ft conveniently, first of all above that, you have a very small margin to operate the boost, 2 lb is OK, more and you over-heat, less and it shakes.

Is it a problem with the sim ?

At lower altitudes, it behaves correctly however it gets very warm aith bosst of 4 lb. In previous posts someone sais boost 5 lb for climb.

How do you get that high a boost without overheating ?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:39 AM

Default Sliders

Been tackling the might Blenheim. Read that lowering fuel load is a good idea. My slider is locked to 100%, is this a recent bug?

Also I am unable to select type of bombs to load.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Blenheim MkV in Russian "CLoD" Wiki:

http://tinyurl.com/cm3wu2b

Sokol1
Old 12-31-2011, 12:17 AM

Hi guys, i have spent quite a while in the blenheim today and managed to get 13000ft out of it before getting bored. Above about 9000ft though engine management is a nightmare as the engines misfire between 55 and 65% power. running more power they overheat, less power you cant fly. my solution was pitch 0% and power to max above 11000ft. seems to work ok but you dont have much power to play with. also oil temp drops to about 20 which is rubbish. I have no idea why they missfire at mid power. Mixture dose nothing at all. (mix could be stuck full rich, this would explain the misfire)

Also the boost cut out seems to work fine, to get it to kick in however you must throttle back to 80% or so, select it, and then back to full power. it should show as 110% if you have the info window up.

Having also had a play with the BR20 today (the CEM in the BR20 works a treat btw) and i think its possible that the radiator areas are misassigned for the blenheim. That is on the blenheim you cant get the oil to 80-90'c because it could have been assigned the larger cooling area of the engine. The engines on the other hand always run hot because they have been assigned the small cooling area of the oil cooler. I could be wrong, but it would explain alot!
Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 AM

Also, i just remembered that you cant get anywhere near the 2750rpm on the ground that the pilots notes for the real aircraft say you should get. this also means all the climb power rpms are unobtainable as well.