1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades A new chapter in the Real Warfare realistic real-time strategy games series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Goblin Wizard Goblin Wizard is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 508
Default

I've created additional "teutonic.serjant.infantry.crossbowman.propert ies" (exact copy of "teutonic.militia.infantry.crossbowman.properties" ) and StateMachine.LoadFromFile = .\data\aix\units\west.europe\infantry\west.europe. infantry.crossbowman.aix
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-27-2011, 03:47 PM
mitra mitra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milano
Posts: 676
Default

and how you add it to tech tree?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Goblin Wizard Goblin Wizard is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 508
Default

..\data\maps\global\teutonic.order\map.grade.tree

Code:
[*] : struct.begin
         template=crossbowman_inf
         x = 0
         y = 2
         links : struct.begin
               link=serjant_crossbowman_inf
               armyexp=666
               gold=666
         struct.end
      struct.end
[*] : struct.begin
         template=serjant_crossbowman_inf
         x = 0
         y = 1
         links : struct.begin
         struct.end
      struct.end
But campaign is not a problem. I test this unit in custom battles. If I make it works in custom it will probably work in campaign too.

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 11-27-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:21 PM
mitra mitra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milano
Posts: 676
Default

Your must add it also to west.europe.race.objectcollection file. but for the values you must verify also the init state of aix related to type of unit. My suggestion is to use the debug much for verify the things and if pass by some routines.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Goblin Wizard Goblin Wizard is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
Your must add it also to west.europe.race.objectcollection file. but for the values you must verify also the init state of aix related to type of unit. My suggestion is to use the debug much for verify the things and if pass by some routines.
Hmm.. I don't know how much they pay you but you surely deserve more. Your help is really great. Thanks again. I'm not used to have such a tool like dev's editor and totally forgot about it. Debugger showed me the error immediately. It was about "west.europe.groups.aix". I set my unit as
Code:
var infSerjantCrossbowmanIndex : Integer = 54;
while the array range was [0..53]. It fucked up all calculations. Such a small shit... Now everything works nice and smooth so I can at last move on to the next step.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
mitra mitra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milano
Posts: 676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
Hmm.. I don't know how much they pay you but you surely deserve more. Your help is really great. Thanks again. I'm not used to have such a tool like dev's editor and totally forgot about it. Debugger showed me the error immediately. It was about "west.europe.groups.aix". I set my unit as
Code:
var infSerjantCrossbowmanIndex : Integer = 54;
while the array range was [0..53]. It fucked up all calculations. Such a small shit... Now everything works nice and smooth so I can at last move on to the next step.
Goblin I'm a normal user like you (if people who play videogames during the weekends at place of run back to girls can be considered normal). I'm happy you enjoying the modding potential of the game, like me when I discovered it. The developers aptitude for the modders and the respect for the users is one of main reason (a part the fact I like the game) for I support so strongly this game with other users in other forum.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
ThisIsRealWarfare ThisIsRealWarfare is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
Goblin I'm a normal user like you (if people who play videogames during the weekends at place of run back to girls can be considered normal). I'm happy you enjoying the modding potential of the game, like me when I discovered it. The developers aptitude for the modders and the respect for the users is one of main reason (a part the fact I like the game) for I support so strongly this game with other users in other forum.
A normal user?
I'd say so much more. Also wanna give you my thanks for helping alot, and your help is very appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-28-2011, 12:17 PM
ThisIsRealWarfare ThisIsRealWarfare is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 113
Default

So, Goblin Wizard, did it work :O?
Havent taken much notice but, I just realised you made an additional unit.. xD. That is very nice.

I Really think there should be better Crossbowmen, aswell as better archers.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Goblin Wizard Goblin Wizard is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsRealWarfare View Post
So, Goblin Wizard, did it work :O?
Havent taken much notice but, I just realised you made an additional unit.. xD. That is very nice.

I Really think there should be better Crossbowmen, aswell as better archers.
Yes, it works but you need to start new campaign. Now, I'm working on making other nations playable but it's not so easy. I need to learn a lot about the game and engine but I think it's doable. Funny thing is that I have very little time to play. Modding takes a lot of time and it's simply more enjoyable.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:29 AM
NalgaSucia NalgaSucia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 15
Default Hello

Yea two little things

A) Just noticed the militias robbers (their troops) use the same banners as your own troops, should it be different? (saw it on a unit of crossbowmen)

B) Pikemen cant use loose formation, so why put the option for it?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.