1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:31 AM

Thumbs up Wings of Luftwaffe Expansion (4 player co-op)

Hi guys,

In case you guys dont know about Wings of Prey, it is the PC version of Birds of Prey (same thing only with all plane cockpits and extra features and options). Well, this PC version will have an expansion "Wings of Luftwaffe" which will feature a 4 player co-op campaign.

My point:
It would be great to know who, from this forum's community, has the PS3 or Xbox version as well as the PC version so that we can get together on this 4 player, 10 mission, German Campaing Expansion.

* Hopefully, in a near future, some "one" company will release something similar on the consoles

This expansion is $10.50 (console version owners should get discount!)

**** Wings of Luftwaffe Features ****
- Take to the skies as a German pilot;
- Embark on 10 new missions;
- Cooperative mode for up to four players;
- New planes: the Ju 88 A-4 and the P-39N-0;
- 44 new skins for the various planes.

http://yuplay.com/story.php?title=Wi...e--pre-order-1
Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 AM

was wings of prey a big improvement over IL-2 1946 and its expansions?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Are there many on-line players on WOP or is it a small community of regulars?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 PM

I really don't understand how you can create such an incredible game engine and then pair it with a completely inferior multiplayer backend. I can only assume WoP is a port from the console version otherwise dedicated servers files would have been in there from the beginning.

Both games would be far more popular if you could see on-line servers and have the ability to drop-in at any time.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:38 PM

Nice! They should so put that on consoles..
Old 03-29-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButcherBird View Post
was wings of prey a big improvement over IL-2 1946 and its expansions?
I think that many would agree when I say that IL-2 1946 and Wings of Prey are two different games. I would not consider Wings of Prey a true simulator, but I can say that it is better to have the PC version then the Console version (Birds of Prey). It has many more options and it is constantly updated (about 10 updates so far).

* If you want a big improvement over the IL-2 1946, which I think is an outstanding simulator with hundreds of players still active, then wait for IL2 "Battle of Britain: Storm of War (it should be coming out this 2010.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Are there many on-line players on WOP or is it a small community of regulars?
I think the PC version has a relatively larger community than Birds of Prey, but there are still times of the day when you cant find a multiplayer game room. What attracts more and more players to the PC version, as well as maintaining those who already purchased it coming back for more, is the constant updates and add-ons (like this expansion).
Old 03-29-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
I think the PC version has a relatively larger community than Birds of Prey, but there are still times of the day when you cant find a multiplayer game room. What attracts more and more players to the PC version, as well as maintaining those who already purchased it coming back for more, is the constant updates and add-ons (like this expansion).
It also looks and sounds far better than BoP. I'm waiting for the retail DVD before I pick it up. I don't want Steam and I'm too wary of websites and credit card details.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 PM

Oh my god, I would absolutely LOVE a German campaign mode in this game. Sure hope it comes to the PS3 soon.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
I think that many would agree when I say that IL-2 1946 and Wings of Prey are two different games. I would not consider Wings of Prey a true simulator, but I can say that it is better to have the PC version then the Console version (Birds of Prey). It has many more options and it is constantly updated (about 10 updates so far).

* If you want a big improvement over the IL-2 1946, which I think is an outstanding simulator with hundreds of players still active, then wait for IL2 "Battle of Britain: Storm of War (it should be coming out this 2010.
yeah, i've been reading about storms of war. I've never played comp. simulators but i may get into it with that game's release...it looks dam sexy