1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:48 AM

hey long time no see edal

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
* If you want a big improvement over the IL-2 1946, which I think is an outstanding simulator with hundreds of players still active, then wait for IL2 "Battle of Britain: Storm of War (it should be coming out this 2010.
It takes a decent pc to run the good stuff. The vs multiplayer for WOP sounded like the same exact thing just more players, which would be even less like real combat. 4-player co-op is a far different thing, it actually is a realistic situation - I guess it's like the tactical # of attempts thing, except each player is in the flight. Maybe when I find a new brain for my pc then WOP will work.

But Storm of War being released in 2010 would make me reconsider. It doesn't matter much if a publisher releases plenty of patches and add-ons if they're just gonna release a whole new title in less than a year. I hate the way they make their stuff obsolete on purpose just to make more money.

Motor Storm on ps3 was like that. They could have kept adding courses and vehicles, instead they remade the whole thing and then remade it again, and made it for psp too.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzm0 View Post
hey long time no see edal

It takes a decent pc to run the good stuff. The vs multiplayer for WOP sounded like the same exact thing just more players, which would be even less like real combat. 4-player co-op is a far different thing, it actually is a realistic situation - I guess it's like the tactical # of attempts thing, except each player is in the flight. Maybe when I find a new brain for my pc then WOP will work.

But Storm of War being released in 2010 would make me reconsider. It doesn't matter much if a publisher releases plenty of patches and add-ons if they're just gonna release a whole new title in less than a year. I hate the way they make their stuff obsolete on purpose just to make more money.

Motor Storm on ps3 was like that. They could have kept adding courses and vehicles, instead they remade the whole thing and then remade it again, and made it for psp too.
Storm of War is being developed by Oleg Maddox, the creator of the PC Il2 series.

BoP and WoP were both developed by Gaijin and have no connection to SoW.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Storm of War is being developed by Oleg Maddox, the creator of the PC Il2 series.

BoP and WoP were both developed by Gaijin and have no connection to SoW.
Well, the effect is the same, new titles kill older games. Unless they're crap. If SOW is much better than WOP, I would just want to wait until SOW instead of buying WOP too.

But I can't do either until I give my pc a new brain.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Ulrich Rudel View Post
Oh my god, I would absolutely LOVE a German campaign mode in this game. Sure hope it comes to the PS3 soon.
I agree my friend. A German Mode campaing will go absolutely great. Plust I would like to see some new bombers in action: Ju 88 Ju360 Just like in an old, fearly old version of WW II aircraft video games for computers: I saying "Secret Weapons Over Normandy" a great game but berry realistic compare to IL 2. Though it jad more planes: Ju88, Zeke, F4F wildcat, Torpedo bombers Kate, Dountless, Japanese Val, some rare German planes, an array of weapons: bombs [smart], rockets [ U can guide them], Wasserfalls, V1s, V2. Plus U won upgrades through the campaing and decided which plane u wanted to upgrade: Engine, airframe, fire power, ammo. Though You can only played in campaing mode as James C Chase from the Battlehawks against Kriger's pilots from Nemesis Squadron.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:54 AM

I took the plunge and bought Wings Of Prey from steam yesterday. Was expecting great things from some of the comments.
I grabbed a wireless third party ps3 pad and that's where the problems started. The control options are so confusing it took me over an hour trial and error before I got a ps3 style setup. Entered a multiplayer match and got disconnect midway then when I went into another match my target lock button had reset. Also it was a bit disapointing that all the arcade matches were stacked with i-153s! So much for pc players being more serious!!

When it was working ok it was pretty good gaming. Lots of disconnects and menu systems for selecting aircraft in lobby is terrible.
Some new graphical touches added to maps. I spotted and army camp near dover and Dover harbour has a load of submerged sunken freighters.
Some odd choices though. In team battle gunfire appears to be team coloured. Bit off putting seeing blue tracers!
In short it's good but I prefer ps3. Aside from the actual game it's the players on ps3 that make the game.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
I took the plunge and bought Wings Of Prey from steam yesterday. Was expecting great things from some of the comments.
I grabbed a wireless third party ps3 pad and that's where the problems started. The control options are so confusing it took me over an hour trial and error before I got a ps3 style setup. Entered a multiplayer match and got disconnect midway then when I went into another match my target lock button had reset. Also it was a bit disapointing that all the arcade matches were stacked with i-153s! So much for pc players being more serious!!

When it was working ok it was pretty good gaming. Lots of disconnects and menu systems for selecting aircraft in lobby is terrible.
Some new graphical touches added to maps. I spotted and army camp near dover and Dover harbour has a load of submerged sunken freighters.
Some odd choices though. In team battle gunfire appears to be team coloured. Bit off putting seeing blue tracers!
In short it's good but I prefer ps3. Aside from the actual game it's the players
on ps3 that make the game.
cheers for that mate, I've just come back from lunch and was seriously considering buying it whilst in the metro centre but think I'll keep my pennies based on your feedback.... Looks like I'll get Red Dead Redemption instead now.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:16 PM

yeah i got it a few weeks ago and pretty much agree with all of what dk said for sure the graphics are cleaner and some of the maps are stunning in places it is definatly more of a simulation than bop and takes quite along time to get use as their are more things you have to control while flying ie supercharger settings, fuel mixture and multiple trim settings which can seem quite anal at first but just takes time to get used to. the things i like about it are you have more options when setting up a room like only having cockpit view for example and another thing i like is what ever map you choose people can only fly planesthat are associated with that map. the things dont like are: gameplay seems a bit to slow compared to real life and configuring the controlls is a bitch. but all in all it is a good game that is worth buying and taking time with

Last edited by BRIGGBOY; 04-29-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:47 PM

Did you install all the patches? Maybe that is the reason for disconnects. About the pad, I never had problems with it.