1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:56 PM

Default Just purchased! Looking to fly online.

I just had ankle surgery so I'm off my feet for up to a month. I own all the IL-2 games on PC, and Pacific Fighters (my fav). I played the demo for this last summer and completely forgot about it until my wife picked it up at the store for me last weekend, because she remembered me mentioning it a while back.

I love it! Unfortunately I don't have a joystick for the 360, but I am managing quite well with the controller on realistic mode. I could fly on simulator, but I can't locate any targets!! I'm currently at the Invasion of Sicily campaign, have played all so far on Realistic and I'm absolutely loving it. Especially the graphics, the game looks amazing! My wife thought I was watching tv!

Anyway, sad to see that there's little to no online presence for this game. I was hoping there might be a weekly get together to fly online? I'm dying to try it out, because online is what really makes you a better pilot. I am still awful at shaking enemies on my six, but in Pacific Fighters I learned fast what I had to do to stay in the air, thanks to the multiplayer.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:18 PM

Default Hello matey!

Hi Geezer,
Welcome to IL2 BOP on the Xbox online, my gamertag is Sgt Madmax Fury, there's a regular group of Xbox pilots that are on most evenings.(GMT) I play realistic mainly & some Sim. If you would like to add me to your friends list I'll gladly put you in touch with some of the other chaps!
Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 PM

Default Game stop news

Near my area gamestop has just put IL 2 sturmovik birds of prey for the ps3 on sell for $19.99 US. A lot cheaper than when I first bought it for $54.99. may be I just could have waited a little and could have same some money. Oh well, it was nice sharing this finding. Sell ends this Weekend.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:11 AM

Actually, Rommel, the PS3 version is on sale this week. The Xbox 360 version has been marked down permanently to $19.99 and can be purchased used at Gamestop for $17.99.

Can't beat that price for this game! I'm having a blast. I got to play online today with some folks and it was a blast, even though I got destroyed quite a bit.

In all the IL-2 games I've played, I've never been good at shaking people off my six. They can always get rid of me, but I can't figure out how to do lose anyone! Maybe some day I'll figure it out!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:20 PM

Glad to have you in the skies. You can add me to your friends list if you like. I am pretty new to the game as well. Actually with all your previous IL experience you probably have more experience than me. One day I won't be the newest pilot in the skies

Lost Apiarist
Old 04-21-2010, 01:41 AM

Default Welcome

There have been some great games in realistic modes lately. Play with your settings under options and profile until you get that Spitfire Mk IX just right!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spln_Sir View Post
There have been some great games in realistic modes lately. Play with your settings under options and profile until you get that Spitfire Mk IX just right!
Says the G6 spitfire killer!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 AM

knowing a spitfire optimal performance is a key adavntage for those who don't fly them.... i try to have a go with all the more popular aircraft so as to better understand their weaknesses. But spln is lethal to everything that is not flying his team 109s included
Old 04-21-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Apiarist View Post
Glad to have you in the skies. You can add me to your friends list if you like. I am pretty new to the game as well. Actually with all your previous IL experience you probably have more experience than me. One day I won't be the newest pilot in the skies

Lost Apiarist
I own all the games, but I'm awful at all of them haha. I can shoot down enemies, but if I get someone on my six I always die! I just can't shake people.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsebite View Post
I own all the games, but I'm awful at all of them haha. I can shoot down enemies, but if I get someone on my six I always die! I just can't shake people.
welcome to the site

damn i thought i was the only one in that exclusive club ........... well on the PS3 i am lol