1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 10-23-2015, 12:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfailure View Post
I think there are two stages of fire - at least for fuel tanks. One that burns forever, and does not do any damage, and another that eventually will lead to explosion of the tank. And I also think it is now possible that a fire reaches "second stage" on its own. Also it is possible to turn fire stage one into full blown with only a (few) hit(s) of incendiary ammo.
My guess is that IL2's damage model includes the option to include special effects which can include explosions. They might be timed ("10 seconds and then explosion"), they might be a random chance over time ("1% chance every second the fire continues), or they might be a cumulative chance over time ("1% chance of explosion +1% every second").

But, since the .sfs and buttons files are some of the most closely held information in the game - even on the modding sites.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:09 AM
AVG Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS69 View Post
Hey Ice, you sure this was unmodded?

I couldn't repeat your results on more than 100 trials with friendly targets.
The damage models on the 190's were bone stock. With Wgr.21 attached I can break, or something breaks the wing. Without Wgr.21 attached I cannot break the wing. I killed the pilot, engine, rudder, fin, elevators, ailerons, landing gear, but the wings remained intact. So Pursuivant is on to something here.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Eagle View Post
The damage models on the 190's were bone stock. With Wgr.21 attached I can break, or something breaks the wing. Without Wgr.21 attached I cannot break the wing. I killed the pilot, engine, rudder, fin, elevators, ailerons, landing gear, but the wings remained intact. So Pursuivant is on to something here.
Can you break the wings when there are 50kg bombs attached? Wings on weaker planes are breakable by only the force gravity and mass of attachments generate. Extremely easy to do with Hs129, if done well you can lose both wings simultaneously. So maybe the wings of Fw190 are weakened under fire to a point where they can no longer support the additional load of attachment under the gravitational pull?
Old 10-24-2015, 05:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfailure View Post
Can you break the wings when there are 50kg bombs attached? Wings on weaker planes are breakable by only the force gravity and mass of attachments generate.
I don't think that parts can be broken by gravity alone - at least when I'm shooting at static models.

IL2 doesn't model the sort of sagging or bending you'd see if the airframe was failing due to gravity. Instead, broken parts often fly off stationary (flyable) aircraft in extremely unrealistic fashion.

But, the idea that wings might break under the strain of ordinance on their wings might have merit.

On the ground, I've seen no evidence that ordinance mounted on wing hardpoints affects wing breakage. But, what might be going on is that the game models increased wind resistance due to external ordinance and that combines with other damage effects to break wings. Sort of a combination of my guess and your guess.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
I don't think that parts can be broken by gravity alone - at least when I'm shooting at static models.

But, the idea that wings might break under the strain of ordinance on their wings might have merit.
Actually, if you take a very step dive and climb with heavy ordenance on your plane, your wings will fall of. This is so since 4.10 or 4.11. (Don't remember well since when this started).

You can't reproduce that while on ground.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS69 View Post
Actually, if you take a very step dive and climb with heavy ordenance on your plane, your wings will fall of. This is so since 4.10 or 4.11. (Don't remember well since when this started).

You can't reproduce that while on ground.
Yes, I remember, before the patch I used to do steep bombing attacks with external loads attached in an A-20. A few and some more A-20 were lost due to catastrophic wing fractures before I learned to either not carry external loads, or to remember them.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

A20 = classic wing breaker.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
A20 = classic wing breaker.
Makes sense. Although the A-20 handled like a fighter in many ways, it was not fully aerobatic. All the training materials warn pilots of this fact.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Good morning Guys.
Right now my free time is limited so i dont have time to respond often.
So ill try to set my opinion in few lines.

Im sure 0.50s cant destroy FWs wing as P47s or P40s as you said.
But im focus to FW because i dont meet Allied planes as enemies on single games or on net.Also in RL was impossible as well.
I think i cant brake KI61s wing BUT i can destroy it in other ways as it has it weakneses as most planes.
For example.When i shoot BF109 i will destroy his engine or wing -ME110:engines -A6m:wing fuel or engine - KI43:wing - KI61:engine -D9:engine - KI84 engine or fuel tank - N1K:engine or wings(hard but duable) - KI100:engine..........FW190a: ??????(luck?)

Witch engine is more durable? P47s,F6fs or FWs?try to shoot a P47 and you will see its engine burning like hell.

Finaly my conclusion about wing damage is that the trigger set about wing brake is broken or off.
Minor damage :1-10 bullets
Moderate damage:11-25 bullets
Heavy Damage :26-unlimited bullets
(Number of bullets are just a guess not true)

Pursuivant id like to thank you for your time and all the test you made and will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2015, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconilia View Post
Whitch engine is more durable? P47s, F6fs or FWs?try to shoot a P47 and you will see its engine burning like hell.
This is a problem I've mentioned before. The same engine takes damage differently depending on the plane it's mounted in.

For example, the P&W R-2800 engine was used by the P-47, F6F and F4U. The cooling and supercharging system for the engine was a bit different for each plane, with the P-47 having the most complex supercharging and cooling system, but the engine was more or less identical.

But, in the game, the P-47's engine is the toughest, then the F6F, then the F4U. Same engine, three different damage results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconilia View Post
Finaly my conclusion about wing damage is that the trigger set about wing brake is broken or off.
Minor damage :1-10 bullets
Moderate damage:11-25 bullets
Heavy Damage :26-unlimited bullets
In my subjective rating damage rating system, I used a 1-7 scale.

Approximately:

Incredibly fragile = 1-2 .50 caliber MG hits triggers damage textures or breakage.

Very fragile - 3-5 .50 caliber MG triggers damage textures or breakage.

Somewhat fragile - 6-10 hits " "

Somewhat tough - 11-15 hits " "

Very tough - 15-20 hits " "

Incredibly tough - 21-30 hits " "

Invulnerable - No amount of damage causes breakage.