1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:41 AM

I remember the V1 beta patch you could see eachothers exhaust flames in multiplayer! I really really liked that feature and allowed me and my teammates to do damage checks before landing. I didn't notice any performance loss due to this and it seems AI planes still had those effects turned off. Infact it is directly linked to the AI autopilot, because if you hit Autopilot on in your own plane, you loose your own exhaust stack flames!

Either way I'd personally like them re-introduced!

Ah, and the usual launcher.exe hangs in multiplayer after about 10-15 minutes of play. Will fetch crashdump on next crash
Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

Post Ati 5870 Xfire testing results

I have been testing with the use of three simlar spec systems all powered by Ati 5870.
2 rigs have 2 5870 in Xfire & 1 rig has a single 5870.
Xfire was tested with and without MSI afteburner locking no1 & 2 cards to give standard clock speeds for both cards on boot for Xfire rigs.
Testing was done with the Black death track from start to where the close up of the soldier on the AA Gun is seen.
fps SHOW LOG command was used so when the track was paused and the consol bought up again there was a good number of AVE MAX & MIN frame logs to be seen.
ON the internet i checked my rig against my Squadies other Xfire rig and found whatever in game video settings used the results were the same on both rigs.
Testing At VHI HI MED & LO in GAME settings
I checked my rig against the Single 5870 rig and found the results the same even though I had Xfire running.
Disabeling my second card gave me the same result again.
Double checking with afterburners 2 x temp & 2 x GPU`s chart showed that Both cards worked on Xfire and only one when I disabled Xfire on my rig.
Conclusion
Despite aterburner showing both cards working in XFIRE mode ,and the Xfire icon showing in game it appears it is actualy having no effect in the game (at least for 5870`s ).
Could it be both cards are rendering the same frame instead of alternate frames :ie
Alternate Frame Rendering - Just like with SLI's Alternate Frame Rendering mode, each frame is rendered by each GPU one after the other. For example, the first GPU will render all the even frames while the second GPU will render all the odd frames.
The other Xfire rendering modes are :
Supertiling Mode - Supertiling works by dividing the screen/frame into small squares of pixels and spreading them evenly to each GPU for processing.
Scissor Mode - In scissor mode the frame is split up into two pieces, depending on rendering effort. The two GPUs are given each half of the frame for processing.
Whatever mode is used by Cliffs of Dover it does not appear to be working on 5870 cards .
Hope this info helps someone figure out the problem.
Thanks to Pedro & Brando for use of rigs for testing.
Beta 15866
System Information
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type x64-based PC
Water Cooling (CPU & GPU`S)
Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 BIOS Version/Date F6,
24/11/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.4
1000W Corsair PSU
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor, 3817 Mhz,
RAM 8.00 GB 2x4GB 1600mhz Corsair Dominator
Vertex 240GB SSD Hard drive
1xSeial DVD reader/writer
2xATI Saphire 5870 OC Vapour X
Steel series USB soundcard & Headset
Saitek X52 PRO
2xThrustmaster MFD`s.

Last edited by 6BL Bird-Dog; 10-13-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

steppes building:
[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 10-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

I bought new graphic card ATI HD 6870 and i tried CLOD with latest beta patch 2 ( with fix) and i found i got a lot freezes above cities - expecially over London ( like textures load pause or sth). My fps were not bad average 30-40 fps but i got a lot problems with freezes over cities or when enemy is closing ( bombers etc). Before i got GTX 280 which died ( i remember that i probably dont have such freezes with these card) so i dont reinstall all system just clean drivers by Drivers Sweeper and install ATi drivers.

I wonder if others with similar system have the same problem with pauses and freezes with these patches?

I got Q6600 at 3.0 Ghz, 4 GB Ramm, ATi HD 6870, Win7 64 bit

In game i got buldings detail - medium , budlings amout - low, forest - medium, textures - high, land - highs, shadows- off

Last edited by Kwiatek; 10-13-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Really need to check the Bf109 E4 prop pitch it works fine sometimes and then it seems to stick at 12:00 or 7:35... Completely messes up your attack if you don't see it in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Low down I still get stutters, I mean the game is very jerky
Possible the buildings or trees. Oh, and ground dust (taxiing) is a real fps killer. So are clouds (old il2 ones?!)

Up there it's smooth as silk. Rough silk...with no anti aliasing

i7 920, GTX470, 6GB RAM, Win7 64
Old 10-14-2011, 01:34 AM

Sometimes trees disappear altogether. I've somewhat connected this to using the "very low" tree setting. To get them back you have to randomly fiddle around with restarting the game and changing the tree settings. Had this problem intermittently for a long time.

Settings:

Models: High
Buildings: Very low
Land Detail: Low/Medium
Forest: Very low
Visual Effects: High
Texture Quality: High
Anti-Aliasing: 2x
Anti-Epilepsy: Off
SSAO: Off
Damage Decals: High
Buildings amount: Low
Land Shading: Low
Grass: Off
Shadows: On
Roads: On

Last edited by fireship4; 10-14-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Steppes new bug in Fighter 4 airfield:

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 10-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Clearer video of the FW200 landing bug, from this angle, it looks as though it has touched down even though its about 5 feet off the ground, the flip happens about halfway down the runway - this is under AI control and not just limited to this particular German air base on the main BOB map.

Last edited by Zappatime; 10-15-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappatime View Post
Clearer video of the FW200 landing bug, from this angle, it looks as though it has touched down even though its about 5 feet off the ground, the flip happens about halfway down the runway - this is under AI control and not just limited to this particular German air base on the main BOB map.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=1_8Cg1_QB6o
Think you posted the wrong link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.