1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 AM

Go figure.
The longer you play the game, the fewer the stutters?
As though something is cached/indexed/ etc for later use.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryHatter View Post
This game is a great example of crummy code.
Optimized for nothing and nobody.

The voices are awful, the graphics while wonderful are anything BUT immersive since a cray can't run it without stuttering.
In short, the game is bad.

Further I am disappointed that there is a collaboration in the works. The best engine fused with the worst? I for one am incredibly disappointed.
Seriously: Why are you writing in this thread? Troll posting? Seems that you only have a very limited horizon and do not know, what you are talking about. Never saw immersive graphics in real life with all that stuff, that you are dreaming of. You seem to be no sim fan. So you should slap yourself for your face palms.

Awesome, that people come here and want to troll with experienced guys. Are you 14-16? Then I know, why you are not capable of writing something, that is not directly an epic face palm! Horido! You really have no relation to real sims. So play bf3...or whatever the facebook guys play these days.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Go figure.
The longer you play the game, the fewer the stutters?
As though something is cached/indexed/ etc for later use.
Go to Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover and delete the cache folder before starting the game & see if that helps.

Have you defragged your computer lately, removed junk files?

You don't need to have everything set to high to make the game look pretty.

If your getting stutters, the problem is with your computer or settings, not the game. I run an Athlon II X2 215, 4GB RAM & HD5850, everything set medium & high apart from Forest & Building Amount, even online with 60+ players its smooth.

If your here to troll, someone will give you the definition of angry pretty soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stublerone View Post
Seriously: Why are you writing in this thread? Troll posting? Seems that you only have a very limited horizon and do not know, what you are talking about. Never saw immersive graphics in real life with all that stuff, that you are dreaming of. You seem to be no sim fan. So you should slap yourself for your face palms.

Awesome, that people come here and want to troll with experienced guys. Are you 14-16? Then I know, why you are not capable of writing something, that is not directly an epic face palm! Horido! You really have no relation to real sims. So play bf3...or whatever the facebook guys play these days.
Wrote code for sublogic.
Perhaps you should ask before making assumptions.
This game is what I said; and your reply, while refuting nothing lends more credence to my position. May I refer to you as a fanboi, now?

White triangles for tracers?
RoF carries twice the number of objects with none of the performance issues.
Even Forrest Gump knew bad code when he saw it.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:25 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream2012 View Post
Go to Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover and delete the cache folder before starting the game & see if that helps.

Have you defragged your computer lately, removed junk files?

You don't need to have everything set to high to make the game look pretty.

If your getting stutters, the problem is with your computer or settings, not the game. I run an Athlon II X2 215, 4GB RAM & HD5850, everything set medium & high apart from Forest & Building Amount, even online with 60+ players its smooth.

If your here to troll, someone will give you the definition of angry pretty soon.
Thanks and I will give it a try. I have the same video, 8gb ram, I7 2600 @2.80 - system is more than suitable.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 AM
Approved Member

ChileMike,

Try doing a fps limit by using EVGA Precision Tool or similar and see if the micro stutters disappear. I've limited mine to 35 fps and have virtually eliminated the micro stutters I was having. The other thing is make sure that you don't have any program running in the background such as an antivirus or malware checker which may be causing the stutters. Just because you have a powerfull system and an excellent V/card doesn't mean you have to run C.o.D. at full fps. By putting less strain on your V/card it allows it to perform better with less heat and less demand on the video ram, give this a try.

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
RoF carries twice the number of objects with none of the performance issues.
"Suspension of Disbelief" is an important attribute for anyone who likes flight sims, but in this case I think I've reached a point I'm just not going to cross.

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 01-16-2013 at 12:56 PM.