1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 AM
Soviet Ace Soviet Ace is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guarding the skies of the Motherland!!
Posts: 1,271
Default

Off topic: I just actually met a chick who is interested in this game *mouth drops*

On Topic: David, I hope you don't just fly 109's and will try the FW-190A5 out. I'll be flying my Yak or La as usual
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 AM
David603 David603 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 6'clock high
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Off topic: I just actually met a chick who is interested in this game *mouth drops*
Wish my girlfriend was even slightly interested in video games. Mind you, her alternative is horse riding which is actually quite fun, but I still prefer being a virtual pilot. Less potential for serious pain, you see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
On Topic: David, I hope you don't just fly 109's and will try the FW-190A5 out. I'll be flying my Yak or La as usual
I do fly the Fw190 sometimes, but I prefer the Bf109 because it is a better BnZ plane. Still, I will certainly fly the Fw190D9, but I don't really like the A models because they aren't fast enough to justify their inferior turn rates compared to most of their opponents, and if I had to pick between a Yak3 and a Fw190A I would rather be in the Yak, although the 4 20mm Cannon and 2 7.9mm MGs of an A5 are tempting because they can end dogfights very fast. See you in the skys of Birds of Prey in September then
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-17-2009, 02:29 PM
xNikex's Avatar
xNikex xNikex is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Attacking from the sun
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Its neat all right, but I'm just glad that as a dedicated Bf-109 pilot I'm not going to have to chase the He-162 down, or the Me262 and Me163 which are also confirmed to be ingame. I suppose the Axis having much better bomber interceptors does make up for the better Allied bombers though.
Don't forget the AR-234.
__________________
"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, to the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-17-2009, 02:46 PM
David603 David603 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 6'clock high
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Don't forget the AR-234.
The AR-234 isn't fast enough to get away from a fighter like the P51 if the P51 has a couple of thousand feet to spare, but it would certainly be tricky to intercept if you were playing Strike and were already at low altitude when the AR-234 came in. Hopefully it will be the version with 2 20mm cannon in the tail, because that would give you at least a fighting chance if you were jumped by fighters.

I don't think there are any Allied jets in game, since the devs seem to be sticking to aircraft which saw combat in WWII, although they could put in the Gloster Meteor.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
xNikex's Avatar
xNikex xNikex is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Attacking from the sun
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
The AR-234 isn't fast enough to get away from a fighter like the P51 if the P51 has a couple of thousand feet to spare, but it would certainly be tricky to intercept if you were playing Strike and were already at low altitude when the AR-234 came in. Hopefully it will be the version with 2 20mm cannon in the tail, because that would give you at least a fighting chance if you were jumped by fighters.

I don't think there are any Allied jets in game, since the devs seem to be sticking to aircraft which saw combat in WWII, although they could put in the Gloster Meteor.
I only mentioned it because I thought you didn't know it was in game.
__________________
"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, to the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-17-2009, 03:32 PM
P-51 P-51 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: U.K
Posts: 893
Default

The Arado-234 is in the game??? WOW!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-17-2009, 04:16 PM
David603 David603 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 6'clock high
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
I only mentioned it because I thought you didn't know it was in game.
Oh.....Okay, lets reword that answer, yes I did see the AR-234, its in one of the trailers on the main website, but thanks for mentioning it.

Maybe I should try to make with a list of all the planes in the trailers and screen shots, though since the full plane list is bound to come out soon I'm not sure its worth doing.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-17-2009, 04:25 PM
xNikex's Avatar
xNikex xNikex is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Attacking from the sun
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Oh.....Okay, lets reword that answer, yes I did see the AR-234, its in one of the trailers on the main website, but thanks for mentioning it.

Maybe I should try to make with a list of all the planes in the trailers and screen shots, though since the full plane list is bound to come out soon I'm not sure its worth doing.
Yeah, I thought about that too, but I'm 100% on aircraft variants.
__________________
"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, to the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.