1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 AM

Off topic: I just actually met a chick who is interested in this game *mouth drops*

On Topic: David, I hope you don't just fly 109's and will try the FW-190A5 out. I'll be flying my Yak or La as usual
Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Off topic: I just actually met a chick who is interested in this game *mouth drops*
Wish my girlfriend was even slightly interested in video games. Mind you, her alternative is horse riding which is actually quite fun, but I still prefer being a virtual pilot. Less potential for serious pain, you see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
On Topic: David, I hope you don't just fly 109's and will try the FW-190A5 out. I'll be flying my Yak or La as usual
I do fly the Fw190 sometimes, but I prefer the Bf109 because it is a better BnZ plane. Still, I will certainly fly the Fw190D9, but I don't really like the A models because they aren't fast enough to justify their inferior turn rates compared to most of their opponents, and if I had to pick between a Yak3 and a Fw190A I would rather be in the Yak, although the 4 20mm Cannon and 2 7.9mm MGs of an A5 are tempting because they can end dogfights very fast. See you in the skys of Birds of Prey in September then
Old 08-17-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Its neat all right, but I'm just glad that as a dedicated Bf-109 pilot I'm not going to have to chase the He-162 down, or the Me262 and Me163 which are also confirmed to be ingame. I suppose the Axis having much better bomber interceptors does make up for the better Allied bombers though.
Don't forget the AR-234.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Don't forget the AR-234.
The AR-234 isn't fast enough to get away from a fighter like the P51 if the P51 has a couple of thousand feet to spare, but it would certainly be tricky to intercept if you were playing Strike and were already at low altitude when the AR-234 came in. Hopefully it will be the version with 2 20mm cannon in the tail, because that would give you at least a fighting chance if you were jumped by fighters.

I don't think there are any Allied jets in game, since the devs seem to be sticking to aircraft which saw combat in WWII, although they could put in the Gloster Meteor.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
The AR-234 isn't fast enough to get away from a fighter like the P51 if the P51 has a couple of thousand feet to spare, but it would certainly be tricky to intercept if you were playing Strike and were already at low altitude when the AR-234 came in. Hopefully it will be the version with 2 20mm cannon in the tail, because that would give you at least a fighting chance if you were jumped by fighters.

I don't think there are any Allied jets in game, since the devs seem to be sticking to aircraft which saw combat in WWII, although they could put in the Gloster Meteor.
I only mentioned it because I thought you didn't know it was in game.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:32 PM

The Arado-234 is in the game??? WOW!!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
I only mentioned it because I thought you didn't know it was in game.
Oh.....Okay, lets reword that answer, yes I did see the AR-234, its in one of the trailers on the main website, but thanks for mentioning it.

Maybe I should try to make with a list of all the planes in the trailers and screen shots, though since the full plane list is bound to come out soon I'm not sure its worth doing.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Oh.....Okay, lets reword that answer, yes I did see the AR-234, its in one of the trailers on the main website, but thanks for mentioning it.

Maybe I should try to make with a list of all the planes in the trailers and screen shots, though since the full plane list is bound to come out soon I'm not sure its worth doing.
Yeah, I thought about that too, but I'm 100% on aircraft variants.