1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juz1 View Post
the 22-24 1080 monitors on the market tend to be sub 4m/s response so no noticeable blur...but a juicy 40"+ screen would be nice...$$$$$$$$
True, most large screens tend to have terrible response times so object blurring becomes a problem when gaming. However if you know this already before you purchase a screen then the cost difference between one with a low response time and one with a high response time is negligable and is worth the difference in any case.

PS; A low response time is best so sub 4ms is actually good Both my TV (22") and PC screen (19") have a 2ms response time so no blurring for me at all

Last edited by Lexandro; 09-25-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juz1 View Post
the 22-24 1080 monitors on the market tend to be sub 4m/s response so no noticeable blur...but a juicy 40"+ screen would be nice...$$$$$$$$
Well my Monitor has a response time of 5ms and the blur is very noticeable. Remember the response time is the time the pixels take to go from open to closed. for the pixel to change colour it has to close and then open again so that is 10ms. Around 4ms is about how fast the eye can see. So a plasma with a response time of micro seconds not milliseconds must be so clear and smooth.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Well my Monitor has a response time of 5ms and the blur is very noticeable. Remember the response time is the time the pixels take to go from open to closed. for the pixel to change colour it has to close and then open again so that is 10ms. Around 4ms is about how fast the eye can see. So a plasma with a response time of micro seconds not milliseconds must be so clear and smooth.
that is right cause we dont get any blurring on our tv so looks like i made the right choice when choosing a plasma over lcd then i had heard rumours that plasmas were bad for games etc but i didnt pay much atention to it cause the guy at work is full of it lol
Old 09-25-2009, 02:40 PM

I do, i use a Samsung SyncMaster T240HD T.V, almost 1 year old, and it is the best TV i had so far, the only problem it has is that it is an HD, and my other t.v's are still oldskool, and i have no idea how to change the setting From Oldskool to HD if i Watch TV?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:52 PM

I'm having no issues with my Sanyo 26" 1080i/720p. I've heard on a screen smaller than 32" you won't notice much difference between 1080p/i. At any rate, it looks way better than my crappy old Magnavox sd so I'm well pleased.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:02 PM

It's one of the reasons i picked up a plasma over lcd.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

I posted this as a reply on Xbox.com, but since I don't think most people take this into consideration when talking about resolutions, I put it up here too:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 LP | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 Lightning@1.3GHz | SSD: Corsair Force 3 | Hybrid: Seagate Momentus | QPAD MK-85 | QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 | Win7/64