1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 PM

Default a real pics of ww2 air fights

here are a real pics of ww2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img215.jpg (2.53 MB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg img207.jpg (1.49 MB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg img211.jpg (1.72 MB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg img209.jpg (3.49 MB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg img213.jpg (2.23 MB, 72 views)
Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olife View Post
here are a real pics of ww2
Great pics... That Marauder (?) in pic 4 is in real trouble.... No respawn for the poor bastards in there...
Old 12-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Quite a macabre thread..
Old 12-09-2009, 04:27 PM

Wonder what hit that 109 in the last pic. Looks to have quickly exploded.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:44 PM

It's never comfortable seeing pictures (or video) when you know that real people probably died in them...
Old 12-09-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
It's never comfortable seeing pictures (or video) when you know that real people probably died in them...
This is true, but its normal for people to actually be interested in them. They show it on the History and Military channel all the time.

They had a whole "WW2 In HD" series recently that was a huge hit. It is upsetting, but we have to remember that it has already happened. Its upsetting, but not to the pont where i cannot look at them at all.

Just think about all the people that viewed the 9-11 footage over and over.

I am not arguing with you by any means, im just saying these pics are nothing new to me and millions of others. And I do agree with what you said.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanB182 View Post
I am not arguing with you by any means, im just saying these pics are nothing new to me and millions of others. And I do agree with what you said.
And I agree with you 100% - there is an oddly morbid curiosity in us all. Like how many people rubber neck when they see flashing lights on the motorway?

But to bury our head in the sand and ignore things like this is kind of disrespectful, and we won't learn anything from it. But by the same token, I think media has made us slightly de-sensitised to the horror of them. Especially when it is just pictures of destroyed machinery - it becomes easier to forget or block out the fact that there are people inside the machine. It would be harder if there were pictures of a pilot burnt to death or hit in the head by a cannon round, and I think the reaction would be stronger. It's a strange thing...

I'm not critising this thread, any of the guys posting in it or the pictures. I just guess we have to remember that the pictures depict horrific things, and are not just "cool".
Old 12-09-2009, 07:20 PM

Seeing those pics brings two words to mind..

F**k that...

I don't think I could have done it. It makes you realise how scary it must have been seeing stuff like that on a daily basis.

At least in IL-2 nobody ever dies! Amazing how they all always get out AND the chute opens..
Old 12-09-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Seeing those pics brings two words to mind..

F**k that...

I don't think I could have done it. It makes you realise how scary it must have been seeing stuff like that on a daily basis.

At least in IL-2 nobody ever dies! Amazing how they all always get out AND the chute opens..
Ever seen those films where the 'chute opens and gets ripped off the back of the poor guy bailing out? Talk about having a bad day...
Old 12-11-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
guys i must say it is not a morbid curiosity from me i respect a lot the veterans and know war is a very very bad thing!!!!!
il2 is just a game i know and i m sorry if i chock a guys it is not my objective
and my pics are very hard i m agree but it is the history,the real history of a real great heroes and i think it is as good as see this pics instead of see a very violent hollywood film or a big internet violent bullshits!!!!!
last thing i must say a great thanks to all the veterans because if my kids and all my family are free it is because a lot of great heroes a great men fight and died for the freedom
we never forget them and we must honored them
exuse me again guys to chock many of u ...

Last edited by olife; 12-11-2009 at 05:01 PM.