1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-16-2010, 02:20 PM
dkwookie dkwookie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 978
Default Most Powerfull Gun In BOP

I had a rare trip in a bomber past night on strike in a Blenheim. I was surprised how effective it's rear gun is. It seems to me more powerfull than the B17. A couple of direct hits is all it took to bring down a chasing fighter.
So question is what's the most powerfull gun in BOP? I vote the Blenheims rear monster
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Robotic Pope's Avatar
Robotic Pope Robotic Pope is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hertfordshire,England,UK
Posts: 1,520
Default

The most powerfull gun in the game is the Yak9T's 37inch cannon. 1 hit = 1 kill, problem is its very low fire rate, low ammo count and doesn't hit the target very often (its ment for use against tanks afterall, not planes). It is super satisfying though when you just tap the trigger and watch your targets wing rip off.
__________________


XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Soviet Ace Soviet Ace is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guarding the skies of the Motherland!!
Posts: 1,271
Default

I downed a B-17 with two shots from my Yak-9T. Never did it again, as I hate the Yak-9T. They should have never added that plane, it's useless really. Russian fighters weren't meant for ground assault. They were meant to protect the infantry and ground forces all together, from incoming fighters and bombers.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Lexandro Lexandro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 339
Default

The most powerful gun is whatever one I have when you fly against me :p
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Luftwaffe_Rommel Luftwaffe_Rommel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mexico
Posts: 62
Default The most powerful weapons Please define

I thinks all the previous responses are all correct but I'm a little confuse. "The most powerful weapon" refers to most effective weapon of a dogfighter, bomber, or the most destructive weapon in the whole game. I do believe the most powerful tail gunner is the Blenheim, never trid the Yak9T but do believe that cannon mounted on a plane can be deadly. But most important is the most destructive weapon outhere is the one u fly the best. Whatever that means for u Aces outhere. ---Luftwaffe_Rommel----

Here is what I fly when I want to destroy planes (In arcade)

Strike: BF 109 G6 it can take both planes and bunkers. "I discover the destructive power of the G6 on bunkers don't forget that copycats". Sorry about that lest continue.

Capture the airfield: P51D5 Mustang with a load of 2 1000lb bombs

Team Battle: IL2 M. u got ur six cover + armor n speed (IL10 = no speed)



Dogfight: Any of the Spitfires are Kings in Dogfights.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2010, 08:24 AM
dkwookie dkwookie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandro View Post
The most powerful gun is whatever one I have when you fly against me :p
Brilliant. We still need to get that match up on xbox live. My xbox disc was broken so I need to get a replacemt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:13 AM
FOZ_1983 FOZ_1983 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Blackpool, England
Posts: 1,997
Default

Powerful - That goddam artillery piece thats in the nose of the YAK!! Direct hit is deadly.

Effective - The .303's on the Hurricane, due to high rate of fire, wide spread, lots of ammo.

Im im not just saying that because im a Hurricane fanyboy (before anyone says it )
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 AM
KAV KAV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffe_Rommel View Post
I thinks all the previous responses are all correct but I'm a little confuse. "The most powerful weapon" refers to most effective weapon of a dogfighter, bomber, or the most destructive weapon in the whole game. I do believe the most powerful tail gunner is the Blenheim, never trid the Yak9T but do believe that cannon mounted on a plane can be deadly. But most important is the most destructive weapon outhere is the one u fly the best. Whatever that means for u Aces outhere. ---Luftwaffe_Rommel----

Here is what I fly when I want to destroy planes (In arcade)

Strike: BF 109 G6 it can take both planes and bunkers. "I discover the destructive power of the G6 on bunkers don't forget that copycats". Sorry about that lest continue.

Capture the airfield: P51D5 Mustang with a load of 2 1000lb bombs

Team Battle: IL2 M. u got ur six cover + armor n speed (IL10 = no speed)



Dogfight: Any of the Spitfires are Kings in Dogfights.

Eeeehhh, I think it was:
"The most powerful GUN"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
bobbysocks's Avatar
bobbysocks bobbysocks is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
Brilliant. We still need to get that match up on xbox live. My xbox disc was broken so I need to get a replacemt
dk... some pretty cheap discs on ebay. would love to see you on xbox.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 PM
dkwookie dkwookie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
dk... some pretty cheap discs on ebay. would love to see you on xbox.
I will get a new disk over the weekend. I bought an xbox copy and my son broke the disk. I managed a grand total of 2 dogfights in my time of ownership!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.