1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:34 PM

can play arcade - but only using it to get some last load outs for some aircraft, the analness of some of the players (that wont play realistic cause they would get there ass kicked) kills me its like CoD mod war 2 but with planes

realistic is my prefered level of play good balance with a couple of perks like the taget cam saves you looking for a target, which IMO is the only difference (there a subtlties re. aircraft handleing flaps but not many)
Old 07-21-2010, 12:14 AM

is this a case of the old saying "familiarity builds contempt".bucketmanroc is one of the nicest guys that play this game.he is one of the best people i know.could you please stop picking on him.he probably flys the hurricane all the time for the same reason that he drives a 23 year old pickuptruck.

Last edited by hurricane; 07-21-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
is this a case of the old saying "familiarity builds contempt".bucketmanroc is one of the nicest guys that play this game.he is one of the best people i know.could you please stop picking on him.he probably flys the hurricane all the time for the same reason that he drives a 23 year old pickuptruck.
Oh ok then.

By the way I think Ive found a picture of your pickup

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 07-22-2010, 12:05 AM

classic pope.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 AM

I like both game modes, but find realistic tougher and more challenging; because of people knowing where i am. In sim the complete realism makes it harder for people to single me out when i'm winning and makes me a little complacent.
Though sim is very enjoyable, i have observed the difference between those who can shoot and those who cannot is most keenly felt here and would not recommend it to any new pilots unless an experienced player gave you shooting practice first.
Both modes are fun but most of my friends play realistic, i have a better time playing with my friends and clan-mates, despite the occasional jackass interruptions (Cough Roshpl Cough).
I have always detected a condescending and superior attitude present in some of the more vocal simulator pilots which isn't justified by their skills or kills.
This said there are more good hearted players than snobby supercilious ones, in both modes to be sure. It's just a matter of finding a good group of players to game with, you'll find good laughs and good times along the way.

As always i speak about the ps3 and it's community

how my views have changed since arcade!

Last edited by Shadowcorp; 07-22-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:54 AM

Default Like both

Not sour grapes bit I wish other simmers would join me about 5000 ft above sea level. Creeping at 50 ft above sea level isn't how it was done.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spln_Sir View Post
Not sour grapes bit I wish other simmers would join me about 5000 ft above sea level. Creeping at 50 ft above sea level isn't how it was done.
if you are on ps3 a bunch of us play team battle on strike most of the time. it makes the game a little more tactical in that you have time to climb since you are almost always spawning away from the action and the kill credit glitch doesn't come into play since no matter what as long as your opponents plane goes down they will always lose a point. most of the fighting usually starts above 5000ft so you have options to dive away or bounce oppoents below you
Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyvt4 View Post
can play arcade - but only using it to get some last load outs for some aircraft, the analness of some of the players (that wont play realistic cause they would get there ass kicked) kills me its like CoD mod war 2 but with planes

realistic is my prefered level of play good balance with a couple of perks like the taget cam saves you looking for a target, which IMO is the only difference (there a subtlties re. aircraft handleing flaps but not many)
Im exclusively an Arcade player, buts not to do with not wanting to loose. As I have said previously I dont have a stick for the 360 and the pad just isnt good enough for me to fly in a realistic or sim-like manner. I simple cant get used to things like the rudders being so sensative with the pad, especially with the stick also controlling the throttle and no custom controls available.

I have the skill required to play on higher settings, I know that much. I just dont have the equipment I require to do so.