1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
bobbysocks's Avatar
bobbysocks bobbysocks is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,851
Default XBOX upgrade/update

if you havent turned your xbox on in a few days...when you do you will be prompted to jump through all the hoops for the new and exciting update...( insert a sarcastic face thingy here ). you will be told if you decide not to accept the new terms.. ( they can bounce your @$$ off the network whenever they decide and with no good reason...simply should a bug crawl up their butt and tell them to do so) you will not be permited into xbox live. also expect ( unless they fixed it after last night which i doubt) to get generously disconnected and otherwise get bumped off line...( hint for today ) dont play long games. i am sure a competent team of trained professionals are working diligently to rectify this situation and will resolve it short and timely manner. <<< why i own an mac.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Robotic Pope's Avatar
Robotic Pope Robotic Pope is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hertfordshire,England,UK
Posts: 1,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
if you havent turned your xbox on in a few days...when you do you will be prompted to jump through all the hoops for the new and exciting update...( insert a sarcastic face thingy here ). you will be told if you decide not to accept the new terms.. ( they can bounce your @$$ off the network whenever they decide and with no good reason...simply should a bug crawl up their butt and tell them to do so) you will not be permited into xbox live. also expect ( unless they fixed it after last night which i doubt) to get generously disconnected and otherwise get bumped off line...( hint for today ) dont play long games. i am sure a competent team of trained professionals are working diligently to rectify this situation and will resolve it short and timely manner. <<< why i own an mac.
On the positive side, party chat now sounds much better, clearer and crisper. Its kind of weird to hear your friends speak now, its like their voices have a new dimension that wasn't hearable before.
Game chat seems to be the same as before though.
Some people don't like the white backbrounds but I'm starting to like it.

The disconnection problems have been happening on and off for the last week before the update came out. I expect this is because of the work being done and swiching servers about, stuff like that. In previous years xbox live has had to be taken down completely for a day while the servers were maintained or major update installed and then you would still get disruptions for a few days afterwards. I guess with the extra servers gained from the death of original xbox live they can now get it done without any downtime but we still have to expect some disruption.
__________________


XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2010, 05:14 PM
bobbysocks's Avatar
bobbysocks bobbysocks is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,851
Default

yeah i know. i am used to MS updates...and dread them...haha. everytime we see here at work that on such and such a day they will update the system....there is a mad dash to back everything up...hide info...make sure anything on your desktop you really want is saved to some other "approved" device. i have come back and lost everything...documents, reports, pictures, .... its grit your teeth, clench your butt cheeks togther and hit "enter". i am sure it will all work out...after a few frustrating days.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-03-2010, 05:37 PM
FOZ_1983 FOZ_1983 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Blackpool, England
Posts: 1,997
Default

Party chat is much clearer, but still the random drops from it etc. Tad annoying. Game chat will remain the same, this is normal though as its not down to M/S. As long as nothnig breaks or charges me extra then i dont mind. They should remove all music add ons etc from the game market place "new arrivals" though and just have them in the music folders that now appear. Its annoying as hell fishing through all those songs to see if anything new has been released.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Robotic Pope's Avatar
Robotic Pope Robotic Pope is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hertfordshire,England,UK
Posts: 1,520
Default

When downloading the Apache demo, I found the option to choose where the demo was install has disapeared, so I had no way of installing it to my usb drive. I'd have to move it to the usb stick afterwards. As it is this time I won't bother as i will be deleting it very soon when the game is released. But this could be anoying in the future.
__________________


XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-04-2010, 11:56 PM
hurricane hurricane is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 39.8n 76.311w
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
On the positive side, party chat now sounds much better, clearer and crisper. Its kind of weird to hear your friends speak now, its like their voices have a new dimension that wasn't hearable before.
Game chat seems to be the same as before though.
Some people don't like the white backbrounds but I'm starting to like it.

The disconnection problems have been happening on and off for the last week before the update came out. I expect this is because of the work being done and swiching servers about, stuff like that. In previous years xbox live has had to be taken down completely for a day while the servers were maintained or major update installed and then you would still get disruptions for a few days afterwards. I guess with the extra servers gained from the death of original xbox live they can now get it done without any downtime but we still have to expect some disruption.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Robotic Pope's Avatar
Robotic Pope Robotic Pope is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hertfordshire,England,UK
Posts: 1,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy?
Yup I can't wait to hear that in new clearer party chat edition
__________________


XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-05-2010, 04:34 AM
bobbysocks's Avatar
bobbysocks bobbysocks is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Yup I can't wait to hear that in new clearer party chat edition
with it being clearer will i lose my us accent???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-27-2010, 07:57 PM
OldDuke6 OldDuke6 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cibolo, Tx.
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
with it being clearer will i lose my us accent???
You had one to begin with? ROFLMAO
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.