1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:13 AM

Default P-47 pre-order code

I will pay 1600 microsoft points for a P-47 unlock code!
if you interested please Pm me....o3

Last edited by o351; 09-16-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:01 AM

1600 Microsoft points
Old 09-16-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o351 View Post
1600 Microsoft points
I would pay well for it too.

I think they may be available with the first DLC. So wemay have to be patient.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:04 AM

THey will probably give it out for free after the update like BF BC did because it is now impossible to get it. Plus, its my favorite F/B of WWII, cant wait to fly it. Im waiting on the game so it is perfect when i get it...no bugs or MP cheap shots.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:05 AM

Its been a recent trend to release pre-order stuff in later patches or DLC. Dawn of War 2 did this a little while back in a patch.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goalie_94 View Post
THey will probably give it out for free after the update like BF BC did because it is now impossible to get it. Plus, its my favorite F/B of WWII, cant wait to fly it. Im waiting on the game so it is perfect when i get it...no bugs or MP cheap shots.
The patch isnt gonna make the game perfect, just better. As it is now multiplayer is still a lot of fun if you find a good group of people to play with (most are members here) and you find that your kill scores arn't all important anymore just having a good dogfight with a friend is enough, and thats not even counting the great sp missions and campaigns. Sounds like you really want the game so buy it now man, you're missing out by waiting.

Ok, about the P-47. I wonder how it handles compared to the P51D. It should be worse, but how can it be? At least it should be able to take a pounding and still fly. But I just got a feeling that nobody would use it online.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 09-16-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandro View Post
Its been a recent trend to release pre-order stuff in later patches or DLC. Dawn of War 2 did this a little while back in a patch.
i do not like this trend what so ever. It's even worse when a company charges for 'DLC', when it's already on the damn disc. So you basically pay for an unlock code.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:18 AM

I personally think that the whole pre-order buisness is a huge con, that people keep falling for time and again. You are 90% gauranteed to get a game that doesnt work right out of the box, and people then turn around and complain about the game.

So in order for people to get suckered in to this "con" they throw them the bone of "extra" content, that in many cases is simply just a reskin of something already in the game and completely pointless.

Now if games actually game working as intended right out of the box then the pre-ordering buisness would be a sound one. But they never do, no software does. Every code has bugs that need fixing, and they slip through due to the tight deadlines, lack off funding, low level QA, and so on.

In IL2's case, it pretty much does work out of the box with no crashes and no major gamebreaking bugs. There are a few issues, but its really just tweaking rather than huge bug squashing that most titles seem to need these days. So it would have been a sound move in this game case to pre-order.

This is just my view though.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:40 AM

Default Hey Anton

Hey Anton, can you tell us when the p-47 will be available for all...And would like to add that as a game player that pre-ordered the game in the U.S. I'm ******* outraged that I got a lousy t-shirt! Please give me a bone man!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:39 PM

Usually they don't attempt to sell extra content until a patch has been released so as to stop the inevitable 'OMG how dare you SELL us content before you've fixed you LOUSY BROKEN game' sort of stuff.

Expect DLC to go live as soon as the patch is live. Although the content obviously lives on the disc as I have played in a server where the host was using the P47, so I must have the files, I just cannot access them.

Hopefully they might open the content for everybody in the patch, I don't like paying for content I already bought, I own the disc with the files on I don't think I should be charged more to unlock things already on the disc.