1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:19 PM

Default Groups II

Hello all,

Following the randomizing of the players list of tournament A) today at 17:00:01 UTC, we have the following groups:

Group A

- JRHOODY1
- tommykocher
- wakespeak
- RATMAN91101
- MIRGERVIN
- draux36

Group B

- winny1973
- McQ59
- Edal86
- Mage_016
- themeistor
- Wolfsalt

Group C

- dkwookie
- The_Stapler
- JOED70
- MACADEMIC
- Kavorland
- Olife-
- reaper1526

MAC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 01-17-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:02 PM

good luck to all involved ...............

the last group is defo, imo, the group of death some tasty battles and players held within

but the other groups are tasty aswell
Old 01-16-2011, 09:12 PM

this could get get interesting . thanks for putting this tournament on mac and edal its going to be great.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:29 PM

My Net Speed is Nat 2, Standard bandwidth, 5 Meg down with 500k up per sec.

My available times(GMT-4) Mon Jan 17, 18:15-21:30; Tue Jan 18, 19:00-21:30, Wed Jan 19, 19:00-21:30, Thurs Jan 20, 19:00-21:30; Fri Jan 21, Unavailable; Sat Jan 22, TBA.

I throw the gauntlet down to Sir Mac, I want to challenge him as my first combatant.

Please message me with your preferred time, & I will post my projected schedule to fly with each group member.

Catch me if you can....I'm the Gingerbread Man!

Played my first 2 matches with Sir Mac of Malta on Opening nite Monday Jan 17 .
In pregame chat Mac indicated he would fly by his very strick club rules and I would use my new Thrustmaster stick . It did not go so well for me Mac skunked me both sorties .
Although towards end of last match I was starting to get more comfortable with new controls . Mac came away with 7 kills although 2 were do pilot error. One of his kills was a thing of beauty a 1 sec burst that had my Stang an instant fireball. one other had my elevators destroyed and locked in nose down I ejected from A/C . Mac is the most disciplned Virtual Ace his club rules flying allthough a handicap will have you in real trouble if your in his sights he is deadly accurate.

The Joystick vs Ps3 Controller my thoughts

Stick allows for very fine slow speed control Triming causes the aircraft to allmost squat it seems once trimed I noticed the view from cockpit changed like I was sitting lower in my seat ( strange ) . 2 Problems with stick one being that POV hat sems to only be digital so no true panning of view second
allthough very percise in throttle control there seems to be some lag reacts like a jet slower to spool . Pad has no engine lag and analog pov with stick.

Have next match tonite Fri Jan 21 2000 GMT versus Stapler .

Last edited by JOED70; 01-21-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Blog
Old 01-16-2011, 10:54 PM

Right, I have tomorrow (Monday 17th) afternoon off so if your free from about 1400h then I can have a game! Any takers? (GMT)

I'd like to get some battles out of the way!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 PM

Yeah, I better hand my azz in there fast myself...
I'm on tomorrow night from about 19:00.
Feel free chaps.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:42 PM

Everybody:

1.) Hold your guns and horses until Edal publishes the official match schedule!

Due to the last minute changes, and other circumstances, the schedule is not quite ready yet and still has to be finalized. No tournament matches shall be played before the schedule has been published!

2.) Please use your 'homepages' (the messages you posted and which are linked to your name in the player's list) as your message boards to announce your availability etc. You can easily edit them by clicking on your name in the first post, which will take you right to your 'homepage'. Would be also nice if you would use these homepages as your tournament 'Blog', to describe some matches, keep public notes, whatever you like. Will be nice to read up on for everyone later on!

3.) Those who have not made 'homepages' (simply by replying on the thread with some essential data about themselves), please do so as soon as possible.

4.) We had to delay the presentation of the Tournament Trophies until tomorrow. But it's okay to present them on Inauguration Day, so you all can keep an eye on what you're fighting for (figure medieval jousting). And, the trophies might look a bit familar...

Thank's all!

MAC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 01-16-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Approved Member

- PSN: The_Stapler

- 1C ID: The_Stapler

- Timezone UTC +/- 0

- Languages Spoken: English, VERY little German

- preferred playing times: Thursday - Monday, most times with prior
arrangement(within reason!)

- homemap: Britain

- Internet Download/Upload Speeds*: 1.2M up, 220K down (floats around that value)

WAR JOURNAL

21/1/1944
JOED70
Had a dogfight with a Canadian ace tonight, goes by the name of JOED70. I won my first round, even managed to successfully ram my opponent! He mentioned over the radio that he had trouble with his controls, but he still put up a good fight. He forfeited the second match, and lived to fight another day, but not before we had a game of 'chicken' and both lost!

Ace Tip: Watch your throttle if you're on this guys tail. I almost overshot a couple of times...

22/1/1944
dkwookie
The lads back at base won't let me live this one down... Lost 3-8 to a pilot who claimed to have trouble flying the mustang. Schoolboy errors all over the place. Forfeited my second match 0-4. I guess it just wasn't my day. I'm getting worried I might not survive this war: If this is a pilot who has trouble flying, what will the true aces be like?

Ace Tip: Don't underestimate your opponent. What they think is bad flying could be your idea of good flying...

28/1/1944
MACADEMIC
HQ assigned me to engage one of the true aces I'd been regretting going up against. Two close engagements ensued, with 'MAC' clinching both wins, but not without having to fight for them! Theres rumours going around the base of a new enemy superweapon: a network of underground magnets designed to lure inexperienced allied pilots (usually myself) to a hard landing!

Ace Tip: Make sure you get the first hit. This guy can fly a damaged plane better than a lot of guys fly normally, and he's deadly if you don't take him out quickly.

30/1/1944
Olife
Y'know those days when your plane just seems to be in a bad mood? I just had one. I accepted defeat in both rounds, no point in wasting valuable aircraft. My opponent was gracious in victory, I just wish my bird didn't stall so much. As soon as I landed, I asked the squadron CO if I could return to flying my trusty old hurricane. He said that would be against regulations... I guess I'm stuck in the 'stang for now.

Ace Tip: This pilot flies in true French style: VERY fast, and VERY low. Keep your eyes peeled, as he's tough to spot from a distance.

12/2/1944
reaper1526
Recieved yet another kicking today. Even mixing things up in the P-51B didn't save me. Started clawing things back at the end of the two matches, but it was too little, too late. I've been in the hangar withe the ground crew, keeping my old hurricane in flying condition. Something tells me I aint getting to the end of this operation.

Ace Tip: After a head on pass, this guy usually goes vertical. Position yourself accordingly.

13/2/1944
kavorland
Finally broke my losing streak today. Scraping the tiles off Sicilian houses, I tried to stay as difficult to spot as possible. Ran out of ammo on one engagement, tried to ram my opponent but hit the ground. Next match was back in England. After staying even stevens for 3 kills each (with some reversals thrown in), kav took me out and went upstairs, leaving me charging around the countryside, desperate to even the scores. Two very well balanced matches in the P-51B.

Ace Tip: My flying style is similar to kavs, so I'll need to keep you guys in the dark this time!

Epilogue
Well, I got word from HQ today that I'm being transferred back to my old unit. I'll still be in the skies, but I doubt I'll ever use the mustang again! Any prospective aces looking for some easy kills can challenge me to a duel, and I'll oblige them if I'm not busy.
This is The_Stapler, signing off.

Last edited by The_Stapler; 02-14-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:24 AM

Hello all..

PSN:winny1973
Timezone UTC +/- 0
Languages Spoken: English

preferred playing times: Flexible, just psn msg me or on here. Not available thursday nights till after 10:30.

homemap:Stalingrad winter

Internet Download/Upload Speeds 3.5 down .310 up
Old 01-17-2011, 09:21 AM

Psn: dkwookie
1c forum name: dkwookie
Languages spoken: English
Timezone: GMT 0
Home map: Britain Kent
Playing time: 8-11 M-F (GMT0)
Netspeed: will come back to edit