1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 PM

I like the idea. Driving around all California. The basics are nice.

But then you get the time limits. I HATE them.
Then you get the Physics. When I tried to drive backwards with a trailer. It was like it was one solid piece with the truck. It didnt turn the way I wanted. I didnt turn at all!

Performance is awful! My computer isnt the best but still. I can run games like Dirt 2 and Farcry 2 at high setting with minor lag. But this. This doesnt have to render grass,trees, all kinds of other stuff. All you see most of the time is a empty road with 2 textures at each side. And I get a FPS of 10.
Where 101 and 80 meet. The FPS suddenly drops to 4.
The Russian version has been released a long time ago. But NOTHING is solved. Thats terrible.

Nice concept. But the many bugs and awfull performance (and maybe the racing idea) RUINS it.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I like the idea. Driving around all California. The basics are nice.

But then you get the time limits. I HATE them.
Then you get the Physics. When I tried to drive backwards with a trailer. It was like it was one solid piece with the truck. It didnt turn the way I wanted. I didnt turn at all!

Performance is awful! My computer isnt the best but still. I can run games like Dirt 2 and Farcry 2 at high setting with minor lag. But this. This doesnt have to render grass,trees, all kinds of other stuff. All you see most of the time is a empty road with 2 textures at each side. And I get a FPS of 10.
Where 101 and 80 meet. The FPS suddenly drops to 4.
The Russian version has been released a long time ago. But NOTHING is solved. Thats terrible.

Nice concept. But the many bugs and awfull performance (and maybe the racing idea) RUINS it.
If you've played hard truck 2 or hard truck you'd know that it's a racing game in a way. however take into account that the time limits are actually rather realistic. I mean do you think they're going to give a driver a month to go a trip that's only going to take 2 days? so think of it that way. as for the performance if you aren't meeting the minimum requirements, or had any doubts what so ever you shouldn't have bought the game. I experience some lag but nothing that interfere's with my driving and I've got an almost brand new computer. as for the physics I have to agree with you there they aren't the best but i can look over that. I wasn't impressed at first but I like it more and more every time I play it. so when you look at it if you had a better computer and looked over the physics and thought about it a little bit more you wouldn't be knocking it as much.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete379exhd View Post
If you've played hard truck 2 or hard truck you'd know that it's a racing game in a way. however take into account that the time limits are actually rather realistic. I mean do you think they're going to give a driver a month to go a trip that's only going to take 2 days? so think of it that way. as for the performance if you aren't meeting the minimum requirements, or had any doubts what so ever you shouldn't have bought the game. I experience some lag but nothing that interfere's with my driving and I've got an almost brand new computer. as for the physics I have to agree with you there they aren't the best but i can look over that. I wasn't impressed at first but I like it more and more every time I play it. so when you look at it if you had a better computer and looked over the physics and thought about it a little bit more you wouldn't be knocking it as much.
Ofcourse I dont have a computer thats ment for hardcore gaming. But still. When I play Farcry2 at high settings I get minor lag. And It has to render much things like Shadows of movies trees, moving grass, realistic fire, indirect lighting, and much other stuff. But in Rig'n'Roll I see most of the time nothing but a plain and empty texture with some bumps on it. On low settings.

When Im reading the minimum specs again im like! How could they ever say the minimum specs are NVIDIA 5700 and a pentium 4?!

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-26-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Edited for content.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Ofcourse I dont have a computer thats ment for hardcore gaming. But still. When I play Farcry2 at high settings I get minor lag. And It has to render much things like Shadows of movies trees, moving grass, realistic fire, indirect lighting, and much other stuff. But in Rig'n'Roll I see most of the time nothing but a plain and empty texture with some bumps on it. On low settings.

When Im reading the minimum specs again im like! How could they ever say the minimum specs are NVIDIA 5700 and a pentium 4?!
FarCry 2, and other really cool high-graphic, and detailed games like Doom 3, Half-Life, Mass Effect 2, Star Craft 2, etc., are optimized better for performance. RnR isn't, and we all know that. Let's just see how, or if they correct it in a future patch.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:12 PM

I have my new pc and I was eager to play RNR on highest

So I start the game and set everything on highest, but ingame the game really doesnt look HQ or HD at all, there is hardly (besides resolution and lagg) any difference you can see between the traffics and scenery on lowest graphics

I'm a bit dissapointed because I hoped to get awesome graphics...
Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolsmurf View Post
I have my new pc and I was eager to play RNR on highest

So I start the game and set everything on highest, but ingame the game really doesnt look HQ or HD at all, there is hardly (besides resolution and lagg) any difference you can see between the traffics and scenery on lowest graphics

I'm a bit dissapointed because I hoped to get awesome graphics...
There is a trick to get a bit more out of quality in RnR.
Ingame Graphic Settings on high,
and you need to increase the graphic values from your graphic card.

Go into your control panel from nvidia or use the Catalyst Control Center from your ATI Card,
and increase the settings of Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filter, Mipmap Detail.
If there is the option "OpenGL Settings" enable "Triple buffering"

For ATI Card users:
Disable "Catalyst A.I. and "Adaptive Anti-Aliasing, or you will have bugs ingame (wheels disappear)

Hope it helps

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this Game,

the szenery is modelled perfect.
Lights, cities, the whole orange country is absolute awesome!
The Truck Models are great, looks absolute realistic.

The most I like is to drive along San Fran in the night... over the Golden Gate Bridge, phantastic.

A small lag of this game is, no Multiplayer... I would like to race against / deliver Freight with
my friends in a LAN or Internet session.

I think its hard for the Dev's to implement it, but I hope they would find a way in the future. Maybe they also add more Cities (direction east to Florida ? )
This Game has many potential.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo801 View Post
The most I like is to drive along San Fran in the night... over the Golden Gate Bridge, phantastic.
That's also my favorite scene. It's very captivating.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Good idea for a game, The time limit thing that people complain about I can understand, by rights you should be able to follow the speed limit (apparently 35, although I've seen vehicles doing 50 on the freeways) and make it with a few minutes to spare. - It's unrealistic to have to hit 75 MP/H as a constant while everyone else is doing 35, this can be easily remedied (in theory) by changing the speed limits of other vehicles, thus making the traffic flow and your own speed seem normal (you might only be doing 5mp/h more than general traffic instead of a huge 20+ mp/h)
I've heard complaints about AI, and some of the stuff I've seen on the road so far has looked pretty funny, but some moments of note are on an excavator delivery to Los Angeles I saw the police chasing a pizza car with his passenger side door smashed wide open, and another 2 police cars chasing one of the rigs I was racing against.
I've seen what looked like a decent car accident where both drivers ended up on the side of the road, unfortunately due to the limitations of the AI they end up driving again instead of being picked up by a tow truck .

I was also really hoping we'd have suburbs, and that the cop enforcement would be more developed, I'd love to be able to skip through a suburb to cut some time or dodge heavy traffic congestion - but at night time I'd get fined for noise disturbance if I used my Jakebrake in those areas.

I've also had a strange bug with some of the other rigs, when overtaking them I notice I can see the driver (the back of the truck didn't load / is missing) inside the truck, it's quite an odd look and if I've managed to catch while frapsing I'll post a pic soon.

I'd rather the truck racing be more developed as it's own thing I think, and have regular delivers like usual (sim side of the game) and then a monthly race-meet that everyone is working towards - where we spend all our spare hard earned cash, maybe even have a special custom racing rig that you get to spend your spare profit on. - But I haven't done much racing ingame yet so I'm not actually complaining about it

Another cool idea would be CB radio chat with other players - it might be a singleplayer game but it'd still be cool to talk to mates playing the game and commenting on how we're doing .

I'll give this game 7.5 out of 10 for now, there are some bugs and funniness, but I've come from playing ArmA II which was buggy as hell, the developers really are making that game better and better everyday, so I have confidence Rig'n'Roll will be just as great.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 AM

I like it, but it needs some polishing.

1. AI lane changing and speed
2. Calculate the time limits with a avarage speed of 50 - 55 mph instead of 65mph please.
3. Physics while taking corners, if I look behind me after it, it looks like I was drifting or something. Is it something of American trucks that you can't touch the throttle while you steer threw it ?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:22 PM

I'm finally able to play this game! I got a new PC a couple weeks ago. My old one could play the game but it was really slow, and crashed frequently. My new PC runs a whole lot better. While the game isn't perfectly optimized for it, it's runs really well.

The scenery is incredible. This is one area where SCS was lacking in previous games. It's new and refreshing. It's not the same thing OVER and OVER. You really feel like you're driving in America.

The truck interiors are great. So many camera angles, and functioning steering and shifting animations as well. That's a great touch. The sleeper is great to see as well. And they are all customizable and unique to every truck, which makes it all the better.

Physics on the other hand could use a LOT of work. But just driving down the road isn't so bad. Cornering and backing is when it gets awful.

The radio is also a great feature. My only gripe is the fact that it should have more modern songs (at least for country...but hey, that's just me)

Overall it could easily use improvement but despite the bugs and problems it's a GREAT game.

Edit: Posted PC specs for general reference:

Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1 TB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
Monitor:
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-...5450i/15047848

Last edited by 1Truck; 10-24-2010 at 10:26 PM.