1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-13-2019, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
Did the server you were trying to join use the exact same exe as you? That is mentioned in the read me as well.
I have no idea. Actually, I tried all that are mentioned as 4.14 here:
http://il2.com.ru/en/links.php?sort=version

When I have time, I'll try another clean and separate 4.14. install. We will see.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Well Dimlee, if you make it onto the AleXserver, say hello. It's pretty busy around 12:00 noon here in +5GMT. Usually 20 players, some times many more.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Default MBR Death ride

MBR decided to go as low as possible and made a U-2 style charge at a flak ship. didnt end well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grab0006.jpg (671.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg grab0009.jpg (646.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-14-2019, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

I've been enjoying re-flying old missions with the new atmospherics and literally seeing them in a new light (for better or worse)

I was hoping to see the U-2VS mission U2-05_19420501 titled "1942 - Supply to Encircled Cavalry Corps" updated with a new Timeout setting so that the mission became achievable.

Some may remember I posted a simple fix for this about 6 months ago and Sita thanked me for the tip. I thought that might mean it would be fixed with the new patch since it only requires a single digit to be changed in the .mis file to be fixed, but no such luck. So anyone trying to fly that mission will still get a mission failure message after 30 minutes, long before reaching the target.

I'll repeat the fix for those wanting to know. Just change the Target line in the .mis file as below (key digit in red):

(Original) 3 0 1 30 500 19909 36097 450
(New Fixed) 3 0 1 90 500 19909 36097 450.

This works equally well for 4.13.4m and 4.14m.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

i hope this fix with some others mission fixes will be include in the hotfix
Old 04-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

I have made another separate and "clean" install of 4.14 starting from DVD Platinum then upgrading with SAS Megapatch to 4.12.2 and then adding all updates up to 4.13.4.
Then installed 4.14.
Still no luck with multiplay. Neither of 4.14 servers from the list below allow me in.
http://il2.com.ru/en/links.php?sort=version

Same problem as before. First message is "Connection is successful!" and then ""The communication with the remote host is lost."
So, it seems that I'm banned from multiplay by some new tricks implemented by TD in 4.14.
Not nice. Not smart. Not user friendly.

P.S. No problem with connecting to 4.13 servers and earlier... Ever.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

on which server you try to connect?

for now i only can propose two way to check whats wrong ... if you have GOG or steam version of 1946 instal over it 4.14 or instal patch over patch from platina ... it's not comfortable but as i see it's best way find missed link or some extra files ... (check pm)

yes ... on 4.13.xx you can connect to any sevrevs .. i suppose even with CRT-2 ...

Old 04-15-2019, 12:20 AM
Approved Member

Default TB-3 Observation

TB-3 now has OPB-1 but for some reason it no longer follows rudder trim instructions when stabilizer is applied. take it off stabilizer and rudder can be shifted. It has the lights for pdi left right but as bombardier if in stabilized mode they dont do anything. neither does rudder trim..I remember in one of the 413 series patches that soviet planes didnt have level stabilizer but they still responded to the command and rudder trim to slightly change course.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:30 AM
Approved Member

I know it's the longer install, but try and do every patch from 408m individually, I had zero problems and that is the way I did it.

As far a game play, have you done something to the maps, they seem to be more hilly, And more defined when at alt. It looks great. Planes handle well, and I see there are some new skins for early 109's, the dark Western Europe Skins.

Lots of work went into this latests patch, I'm sure I will find other surprises and features not mentioned in the "read me".

Cheers!!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
on which server you try to connect?

for now i only can propose two way to check whats wrong ... if you have GOG or steam version of 1946 instal over it 4.14 or instal patch over patch from platina ... it's not comfortable but as i see it's best way find missed link or some extra files ... (check pm)

yes ... on 4.13.xx you can connect to any sevrevs .. i suppose even with CRT-2 ...
All 4.14 servers from the link I posted above. Just to repeat it:
http://il2.com.ru/en/links.php

I see the point of your suggestion. I'll try this again when I have free weekend.
However, that does not explain what exactly TD did to prevent users (not cheaters - please) to join 4.14 servers? As I mentioned, there are no "mods" in either of my two installations. Does 4.14 conflict with some programs on PC outside of 4.14 folder ? What are they?
I recall the scandal with one of early Il-2 versions when innocent programs like virus checkers were recognised as "cheats". Something like that again?