1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I was more referring to the pc specs and the "MAXIMUM graphics" part, wich is, in all honesty way more than alot of us expected. Wouldnt u agree?

And 2 more gigs of ram would do alot of differance.
It looks like they are running it with everything maxed out and on big monitors (high res), which is very promising, although I cant figure out how an extra gig of ram will help, it certainly doesn't in most games, i guess time will telll, but it looks very good indeed.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Well, dont dismiss the old quads just yet. Iv read on many ocassions where people stated that they (socket 775 Quads) can outperform the i5-i7 series when it comes to actuall gaming performance.

Dont stare to much on what u and others get in 3DMark Vantage and such. I does not accuratly reflect actuall gaming in any way.
obviously only when sow will came out we'll be able to judge how it runs and eventually to make Hw changes, I don't want to throw money
unnecessarily. I feel the sow release is closer and closer..
have a good day to everybody....
Old 11-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Said it before, saying it again. The game is in BETA state, what you have seen performance wise so far is NOT by any means the final state of the game. I can already imagine the surprise of many here when they realise it's runs quite well on even modest hardware configurations LOL!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:43 AM

109 cockpit (in RAF service )

Old 11-05-2010, 08:51 AM

....not to be greedy... but all these videos replace the abitual friday update or the 'daily bread' is to be expected.. (ops.. weekly bread)
too avid?

Last edited by pupaxx; 11-05-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post

It looks like they are running it with everything maxed out and on big monitors (high res), which is very promising, although I cant figure out how an extra gig of ram will help, it certainly doesn't in most games, i guess time will telll, but it looks very good indeed.
Simplified:

When the system runs out of available ram it will start paging it to and from the hard drive, because the hard drive is so much slower than ram this is what causes the stutters and FPS issues. Thus adding more memory so that it doesn't need to page will remove the stutters you see over land.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

please, upload more videos.thks

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 11-05-2010, 09:00 AM

I think the recommended ram is 3 gigs
Old 11-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

I think Luthier said it was 3GB Minimum not recommended.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post

To be fair Tree, most games have quite different demands to flightsims in terms of memory, the best comparison I can think of in the sense of sheer size of the terrain map is the Arma series or maybe Oblivion or another one of the big sandbox games. Arma is similarly demanding at high settings and with Oblivion they used a cell system where only the objects in the current cell were rendered with the exception of certain objects specially defined to be shown all the time (and it was still a nightmare to run when it came out).
You're right though, at high settings, fighting a huge formation over land looks like it would be a PC-slaying activity for any current PC. Although we *have* seen one video of a fair few aircraft on screen at a time with the game running smoothly at what are presumably slightly lower settings (and with much less complete terrain) earlier on in development.