1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw111
Will there be ground crew and vehicles arming and fueling the planes? Will there also be ground crew moving around the airfield while we are taxiing our airplane around for takeoff and landing.
As far as I know there is in the campaigns.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 10-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff
Quote:
Will there be ground crew and vehicles arming and fueling the planes? Will there also be ground crew moving around the airfield while we are taxiing our airplane around for takeoff and landing.
That must be quite a sight!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think he means that you can enable stuff like the 3d gunners through conf.ini. As far as I know that only produces gunners, but not ground crew. Strangely enough I did spot a recent LOMAC mod which enables this for that sim.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.JaVA_Sharp
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think he means that you can enable stuff like the 3d gunners through conf.ini. As far as I know that only produces gunners, but not ground crew. Strangely enough I did spot a recent LOMAC mod which enables this for that sim.
I know about the conf.ini. I'm talking about BoB.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

There have been hints that there will be a very comprehensive rearming and refueling in BOB SOW. I know Oleg has said that he is modelling the human skeletal frame. Some BOB modellers have also hinted that it could be implemented.

I know that rearming and refueling was an integral part of the Battle of Britain with pilots doing multiple sorties on a frequent basis. Some of the turn around times were very short and could be implemented as a variable time option to suit most players tastes.

I remember Oleg wasn't a big fan of implementing it in the IL-2 series but not sure if it was the amount of work required or the reality of it. I got my fingers crossed that it will be a optional feature in the SOW series.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 PM

I'm wondering about one other thing. How far has BOB2 Wings of Victory influenced SOW BOB?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Not much, but I'm sure Oleg has looked at what WOV has to offer. SOW's new combat flight engine should be far superior to Rowans old engine. Unless the few people that are working on WOV can get a better handle on the Rowan code and significantly upgrade it.

That being said...all the features that Oleg intends to implement in the SOW series will take considerable computer power and/or a very streamlined game engine. My guess is.... that this may be the major stumbling block to getting BOB out the door.

We should have a better idea on the progess shortly.

~Salute~
Chivas
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 PM

Уважаемый Г-н Маддокс!

Сначала я хотел бы поблагодарить вас, и вашу комманду программистов за Ил-2. Я считаю что этот сим наилучще в мире. Во вторых мне хотелось бы спросить вас о БоБ. Когда появится в магазинах? Любая информация было-бы отличной.

Спасибо за внимание,

352ndRex
352nd Virtual Fighter Group
Old 10-12-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 352ndRex
Уважаемый Г-н Маддокс!

Сначала я хотел бы поблагодарить вас, и вашу комманду программистов за Ил-2. Я считаю что этот сим наилучше в мире. Во вторых мне хотелось бы спросить вас о БоБ. Когда появится в магазинах? Любая информация было-бы отличной.

Спасибо за внимание,

352ndRex
352nd Virtual Fighter Group
No-one likes a smart-a$$
Old 10-12-2007, 02:17 AM

Уважаемый Г-н Маддокс!

Сначала я хотел бы поблагодарить вас, и вашу комманду программистов за Ил-2. Я считаю что этот сим наилучше в мире. Во вторых мне хотелось бы спросить вас о БоБ. Когда появится в магазинах? Любая информация было-бы отличной.

Спасибо за внимание,

My translator says....

Dear Mr. Maddoks!

First I would like to thank you, and yours комманду programmers for Ил-2. I consider that this as this наилучше in the world. In the second I would like to ask you about the Bean. When will appear in shops? Any information was excellent.

Thanks for attention.
Closed Thread