1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Oleg said somewhere here that he might be able to give system specs by summer. So Q1 and Q2 are out of the question I'd say.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

thank you Mr. Maddox for up date
Old 12-21-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Yes thanks for the update :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New year everyone

Thanks Oleg and 1C Crew!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:13 AM

hey oleg, happy new year and merry christmas, thanks for these nice gifts
Old 12-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

the new 3D grass looks great already !

hi oleg:

will we have windsocks at airfields showing us wind strenght and wind direction in real time ?

and air currents like cross winds, tail winds affecting our aircrafts on takeoff and landings ?
Old 12-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Question Question to Oleg Maddox

Question to Oleg Maddox regarding Storm of War - BoB

Dear Oleg,

My question to you is about how the new SoW engine will handle aircraft loadouts - outfittings and ordanance, like bombs, rockets, droptanks, tropical filters, cannon gondolas etc.

The current Il-2 engine seems to handle each loadout as if it was a different aircraft.
A 109 has different model if it has a bomb, if it`s a clean fighter etc. There are only pre-sets to choose from, and they work like a bit if they would a 'new' aircraft type, each pre-set loadout with its own flight model etc.

Will SoW : BoB feature more freedom to us in this regard - a modular selection of loadouts? Meaning, selection of individual components to add (guns, droptanks, bombs, all selected individually), instead of choosing pre-set?s

Shall we be able to select ANY mixture of equipments our liking, ie. say, I want to have a G-6, add a /U4 modification so it would have an MK 108, an R VI gondola kit for extra 20mm wing cannons, and as an odd selection, I also choose to carry a 250 kg bomb ? Add a tropical filter if I want? Or an external armored glass for an Emil or Friedrich ? Any combination of the above (within historical limits of the aircraft).

We can then check boxes when selecting the aircraft we want to fly, to select desired individual equipment modules, instead of just choosing from 3-4 fixed presets.

This especially applies to bombers, will there be only pre-set bombloads to choose from, or we can set up our own mixture (within historical limits of plane of course)? There could be a lot of combinations for these, and currently Il-2 only allows for only a limited number, not covering all historical possibilities.

I understand this is not so much of an issue for the BoB - fighters had very limited external stores, if any at the time - but in a later edition of BoB : SoW, as it gets expanded it will become more important.

Will loadouts have a historical date associated with them, ie. if a given loadout was not used before a certain date, then it would be only available for choosing if the date is proper? Say special types of bombs introduced in 1943 (in later addons) not being available for choosing for missions in 1942?

Thank you for your answers in advance!
Il-2Bugtracker: Feature #200: Missing 100 octane subtypes of Bf 109E and Bf 110C http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/200
Il-2Bugtracker: Bug #415: Spitfire Mk I, Ia, and Mk II: Stability and Control http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/415

Kurfürst - Your resource site on Bf 109 performance! http://kurfurst.org
Old 12-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

good questions Kurfy.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:12 PM

Honestly I am not a friend of that suggestion, Kurfürst. IMO the preset loadouts are the best way - both from a historical and technical POV. I mean it's not like flying a Bf 109 G-6/R6 one day and have the techs reconfigure it into a G-6/U4 ten minutes before take-off. That wouldn't work in reality and so it shouldn't in game, either.
What should be done instead is giving more care to the selection of historically relevant loadouts - there simply shouldn't be loadouts which weren't used in combat (e.g. Mk108 gondolas on the 109s, Mk 103 gondolas on late 190s or 2 SC2000 on Ju 88 ). A broad range of loadouts is available for almost any plane. That should be sufficient.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Honestly I am not a friend of that suggestion, Kurfürst. IMO the preset loadouts are the best way - both from a historical and technical POV. I mean it's not like flying a Bf 109 G-6/R6 one day and have the techs reconfigure it into a G-6/U4 ten minutes before take-off. That wouldn't work in reality and so it shouldn't in game, either.
What should be done instead is giving more care to the selection of historically relevant loadouts - there simply shouldn't be loadouts which weren't used in combat (e.g. Mk108 gondolas on the 109s, Mk 103 gondolas on late 190s or 2 SC2000 on Ju 88 ). A broad range of loadouts is available for almost any plane. That should be sufficient.

sounds like load out expansion over time. 1940 load outs in '40. '41 loads in 1941 along with those from the 40's and so on.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post

Maybe a system with predefined loadouts as in Il-2 would still work well for BOB but not in the upcoming Korea sim and with some late fighter bombers/attack aircraft. In Il-2 the F4U-1D loadout list is already extremely long ( 46 entries) and still doesn't contain all possible, or even historical combinations. For example there is no option to have just napalm tanks and nothing else.

In Korea Corsairs could additionally carry light bombs instead of HVARs on the outer wing racks. However often not all stations would be used and planes did operate with just 4 HVARs or 5 100 ibs bombs and also asymmetrical loadouts were possible. Modeling this with the Il-2 static loadout system would result in much more than 100 possible combinations.

With the Il-2 engine it is apparently very difficult or time consuming to add new loadouts to planes. It's maybe more work to implement a flexible system as proposed by Kurfürst, but over the years it will save time and will allow us to exploit the full potential of all eventually modeled aircraft, within their historic limitations.
Closed Thread