1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

I don't have full armor, but I mainly mean this dissapearing shield during jumping through the portal. As I said, I take off and put again shield system my shields reset, but after jump it disappear. Is that why I don't have full armor?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0f3v6qte5...hield.mp4?dl=0
Old 04-09-2017, 04:54 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

This has to be part of StarRover's Armor Calculation Script, its just one of the things it has in it, so as far as I know its supposed to do that.

The script seemingly just "checks" the mothership HP and sees if the Shield realistically should be operating or should malfunction, since you've got below 80% HP the Script gets triggered and as such it nullifies your Shield.

What isn't supposed to be happening, for one, is the reset that happens when you swap in a shield amplifier, that would kinda be like an exploit if you ask me, but theres not that much I can do about it, I might look into the Armor Calc script, but as its quite complex I don't know for certain if I can fix the exploit.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, okay. Shield disappear after jump, so script is working, but this reset is... Too helpful. In a very easy way you can renev your shield in a sector with trade station without maintence station. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuu2ex5pbz...hield.mp4?dl=0

And a question. Maybe I missed it, but where I can buy Fomalgaut? https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7t7s31s1g...lgaut.mp4?dl=0
Old 04-09-2017, 07:36 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

The Fomalgaut can be found rarely at Market Carvans which usually Spawn in a System if you wait long enough.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:39 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default /Progress Report | Apr. 2017 | "A New Faction"/

Hey there and welcome to the Progress Report of the 11th April, 2017.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

A NEW FACTION
------------------
As the Title probably hinted out, there is going to be a new Faction included in the upcoming Preview Version of 0.6.2X. [0.6.2XP].
That is because, there might be some feature that would simply take too long to release on the actual 0.6.2XP which is supposed to release eitherway quite a bit earlier than the real deal.

So, a new faction.. pff... another one of the OP as f4ck factions?
No, actually, they are pretty balanced in my mind, just a "tad" bit better than your average Corporation.

The Faction is going to be the "Prestus Corporation".
Quote:
Some of you might have allready known about this, but others may not have until this point.

Code:
-27 UNIQUE Weapons (Including Custom PFX/SFX and Stats and also Models)

-26! New Ships (Capital to Bombers to Interceptors to even simple Transport Ships)

-36 New Modules, and a yet to be decided amount of Rockets and MIRV's. (Honestly I've just finished with the Weapons so just started on the Rockets).
The Content that is still Planned is: to add atleast 20 Homeworlds, but probably more, and also create a Custom Standalone Story which is going to get added later in the mod (presumeable 0.6.2X)

The Prestus Corporation's general PFX and tone is yellow-ish, just so you all know, almost to all of the New Weapons have fancy PFX which took much my of my time and effort to make and I hope you all will like it on Release, and there is another thing, at which I want to hint at: This Corporation in particular really likes Kinetic Cannons... no seriously, they REALLY Enjoy using those, which would hint at as Kinetic Weapons being their Favourite and main orientation in the Weapons branch... and im not only talking about simple Machineguns, im talking about the real stuff.

*NOTE: Many of the Models and Textures are made by StarRover, but theres also a great amount of own textures in there.
Main work made by StarRover: Models and the Textures associated with them, also "some" projectile Sprites from their "Retrospection" Mod.

Tell me if anyone would like to see a "sneak-peek" of the the new weapons and their PFX/SFX.
Last Note: This is going to be the absolute last Faction I will ever make for Star Wolves 3, after completing this project, I will stick to getting my other projects done.

Last edited by nocalora29; 04-20-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: corrected some amounts of things that will be in the update.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

again sale for star wolves on gog.com
Old 04-14-2017, 01:55 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @hotfix #6

Hotfix #6 Released.
------------------

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sw3exp/dow...d-0619p2rc3h61

Changes: Repacked all contents of the Mod, because some textures and models were missing, there have been also some important changes which have not been shipped for a long time.
It may be, that some problems and Issues that have occured to people may now be fixed with this repack.

New Game Required: Not exactly sure, it would be optimal yes, but the game should be able to handle the new meshes and textures, since there arent any incompatible changes like for example modyfing the carcasses.xml, TL;DR: You don't -need- to.

*Note: Allready corrupted save-games due to the Bank and JCounter script will not be fixed through this. Use the compatability options menu to fix them temporarily and then the repack should do the rest automatically, if anyone still encounters issues with the bank or JCounter script please let me know ASAP.

Last edited by nocalora29; 04-14-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:35 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Its uploaded now, had alot of internet problems while uploading so I had to re-upload it everytime the internet crashed.

DL: See previous post.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:53 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

HOTFIX #7
----------

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sw3exp/dow...#downloadsform
Old 04-17-2017, 03:34 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Goddamn, I have never, ever made so many damn Ships, Weapons and Modules ever, especially not each with custom SFX and PFX.

This is insane, I can't wait to get this released.
Just to get an idea of how much stuff has been Added:
Carcass.xml (Pre Prestus Corp): 884KB
Carcass.xml (After Prestus Corp): 918KB
ShipDescriptions.xml (Pre Prestus Corp): 248KB
ShipDescriptions.xml (After Prestus Corp): 302KB
Modules.xml (Pre Prestus Corp): 311KB
Modules.xml (After Prestus Corp): 423KB
Projectiles.sfx (Pre Prestus Corp): 37KB
Projectiles.sfx (After Prestus Corp): 66KB
102 New Sounds
104KB worth of Localization
Im sure I will crack the 1024KB Mark in Carcasses.xml very soon.

So overall, we have:
-29 Bigguns (+4 Legendary Veeeeeery Secret and with only one way to get them).
-37 Modules
-12 Rockets (3 of every possible type except poison torpedos)
-4 Smallguns
-33 Ships (Interceptors, Bombers, Corvettes, Battleships, Carriers and Transports)

--Note: The Ship amount is most likely still going to change to a higher amount before release.
Im not 100% sure about the actual release date of the 0.6.2XPreview Update, but im sure it won't take long anymore.