1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Death to Spies

Death to Spies Stealth action. Professional spy working for the Soviet counterintelligence service executes dangerous operations in the heart of German territory.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2008, 08:58 PM
forlik forlik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Posts: 450
Cool My DtS/MoT mod

Hello, all!

In this thread I will post the information about my mod for MoT game.
About one week ago (after vfs unpacker bug was fixed) I have started to analyze MoT resources.
Now there is only one global task in my plans: to move missions from original DtS game to MoT addon (I want to get 17 playable missions based on MoT engine).
In the beginning I had a lot of problems. 5 of 10 missions from DtS even weren't started. All the others have funny graphical artifacts.
But now I have good news. All missions can be started. Most of them are playable. But there are still a lot of problems.
And I decided to create this thread. May be somebody works on the same (or like this) mod and can give me useful advice

So, let's begin!

Homepage: http://motmod.at.tut.by/default_en.html



Actual version: 1.11 from 22.12.2010

A short statistic about each mission for today /22.12.2010/:
0. Training mission.
1. "Cannibal".
2. "Winter Cold". Old Strogov head for some models.
3. "Stronghold". One unsolved minor graphical problem.
4. "Hotel". Two unsolved minor graphical problems.
5. "Paycheck".
6. "Project Y". Old Strogov head for some models.
7. "8 Snipers".
8. "Die Spies!".
9. "Removal".
10. "Embassy".
11-17. MoT missions. Graphical post-effects are removed.
18. "Jagdpanther". New mission, based on "Cannibal".

Last edited by forlik; 12-22-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:01 PM
forlik forlik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Posts: 450
Cool Mission#1

This mission is fully playable now (cheat-codes were used while making these screenshots):



I have only one unsolved graphical problem:



Also some MoT features (for example 'Heil Hitler' script) doesn't work. But it's a common problem for today.

UPD: Bug with 'red lamp' is fixed /3.12.2008/.



UPD: Bug with the missing text at the level-end ratings is fixed /11.12.2008/.

Last edited by forlik; 12-20-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2008, 09:08 PM
forlik forlik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Posts: 450
Cool Mission#2

This mission is fully playable now (cheat-codes were used while making these screenshots):




I have no unresolved graphical problems in this mission. But there are no winter missions in MoT, so only DtS models can be used in this mission (for
Strogov, german soldiers and civilians). Perhaps I'll find the solution how to convert these models to MoT-like form, but for now it's impossible.

UPD: Bug with the missing text at the level-end ratings is fixed /11.12.2008/.

Last edited by forlik; 12-20-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
forlik forlik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Posts: 450
Wink MoT graphical filters

Here is the example of using MoT graphical filters in the mission#1:

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-02-2008, 12:01 AM
hykao hykao is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 118
Default

Very nice! Keep it up!

It seems some texts are missing at level-end ratings: Alarms, Headshots and the Difficulty level (and its selected level).
What about videos of DtS? Will they also work in MoT? And with new or old Strogov's face?


PS: Is there a Lenin statue in that park? I haven't noticed it!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:22 AM
forlik forlik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykao View Post
Very nice! Keep it up!
It seems some texts are missing at level-end ratings: Alarms, Headshots and the Difficulty level (and its selected level).
Hmm, now I'm see. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykao View Post
What about videos of DtS? Will they also work in MoT? And with new or old Strogov's face?
I don't know, I have removed all videos from my working folder. I'll try to test it today/tomorrow. But I'm not planning to include videos in the mod. And I have several reasons for it:
-different Strogov faces
-different movie styles
-mod size (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykao View Post
PS: Is there a Lenin statue in that park? I haven't noticed it!
Yes, Lenin statue guarded by the german soldier
Also you can see another historical discrepancies like Stalin portraits and Levitan voice (from radio boxes). And all these on the occupied territory
But I'm not planning to change it, because 100% historical truth is not my aim for this mod, though I'm planning to make some changes in the soldiers/officers uniform, but only after(if) the main task will be completed.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-02-2008, 01:17 PM
AHO's Avatar
AHO AHO is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 537
Default

Hello forlik,
congratulations. Great work till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forlik View Post
Yes, Lenin statue guarded by the german soldier
Also you can see another historical discrepancies like Stalin portraits and Levitan voice (from radio boxes). And all these on the occupied territory
But I'm not planning to change it, because 100% historical truth is not my aim for this mod, though I'm planning to make some changes in the soldiers/officers uniform, but only after(if) the main task will be completed.
But I want to make DtS authentic in my mod. What exactly is wrong
with the things you mention above. Im not a WW2 expert so please
help me out.

Greetings & respect
AHO
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-02-2008, 02:18 PM
forlik forlik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHO View Post
But I want to make DtS authentic in my mod. What exactly is wrong with the things you mention above. Im not a WW2 expert so please help me out.
I'm not an expert too, but as I know, such objects (also as soviet flags) usually were destroyed by german forces first of all.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-02-2008, 02:33 PM
hykao hykao is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 118
Default

AHO: after the occupation the occupation army generally destroyes political and historical sybols of the occuped territory...so belike the German army destroyed that Lenin statue, burnt the finded Stalin pictures and displayed and broadcast nazi propaganda matters...

Forlik: If there will be no videos then I think should implement extended briefings for informations about missions, historical backgrounds and date, location infos, like in MoT. (fi: "VCH" texts and date, locations on territory maps in briefings) In the MoT the videos not so informative like in DtS, but there are a lot of informations in briefings.
What about training level? Maybe should implement Strogov's bio to it...for example to the loading screen...(there is a paper about it in the textures of DtS videos)...

...and please make your patch to our Hungarian version too! I'd appreciate it! I'd send you the "Hungarized" .shadvs and .lua files, ok?

Last edited by hykao; 12-02-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-02-2008, 03:06 PM
forlik forlik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykao View Post
Forlik: If there will be no videos then I think should implement extended briefings for informations about missions, historical backgrounds and date, location infos, like in MoT. (fi: "VCH" texts and date, locations on territory maps in briefings) In the MoT the videos not so informative like in DtS, but there are a lot of informations in briefings.
I has the same idea! I'm planning to remove videos and to add MoT-style VCH-briefings But not now, the main task for me - move missions from DtS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykao View Post
What about training level?
I'm not planning to add training level to the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykao View Post
Maybe should implement Strogov's bio to it...for example to the loading screen...(there is a paper about it in the textures of DtS videos)...
May be, I don't know now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykao View Post
...and please make your patch to our Hungarian version too! I'd appreciate it! I'd send you the "Hungarized" .shadvs and .lua files, ok?
If you'll provide all translations - why not?
But I repeat, the priority#1 for me is 17 missions on the MoT engine. I'm still having unplayable missions
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.