1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Default Overclocking i5 2500k

I'm ready to overclock my i5 2500k cpu w/ asus p8p67 evo mobo, they got a few options, don't know where to start. Going to watch some youtube video but you guys have been so great thought I'd ask here.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:37 PM

Funny you post this now. I just rebooted my iMac after my first go at O/C:ing ever...in small 10Hz increments.
When I hit Apply the monitor showed blue/white stripes all over and computer locked. YIKES!!
I hardbooted and everything seems fine. *pheww*

Well, learning by doing wrong. I'm not gonna stop. Computer is very cool on stock settings so gonna read in some more and then try again.
However, I will NOT touch the voltage, just core and mem clock.

Knowing I have perhaps 10 more frames luring in my card drives me.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeanze View Post
Funny you post this now. I just rebooted my iMac after my first go at O/C:ing ever...in small 10Hz increments.
When I hit Apply the monitor showed blue/white stripes all over and computer locked. YIKES!!
I hardbooted and everything seems fine. *pheww*

Well, learning by doing wrong. I'm not gonna stop. Computer is very cool on stock settings so gonna read in some more and then try again.
However, I will NOT touch the voltage, just core and mem clock.

Knowing I have perhaps 10 more frames luring in my card drives me.
...It will be interesting to see how far you get. I've read several times that the non-K models don't overclock that well. Prove 'em wrong.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrc View Post
I'm ready to overclock my i5 2500k cpu w/ asus p8p67 evo mobo, they got a few options, don't know where to start. Going to watch some youtube video but you guys have been so great thought I'd ask here.
It's got an unlocked multiplyer, so it really should be easy, but someone with the same chip is better qualified to advise you.
I'm just curious as to what cpu cooler you have, in case I too upgrade to a 2500k at some point.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:28 PM

I have the same MB and Proc, with an Artic cooling fan and use the included with motherboard software, AU SUite II, to overclock (when I remember that is!).

It automatically does it for you, one click and is apparently quite good according to those that know.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
...It will be interesting to see how far you get. I've read several times that the non-K models don't overclock that well. Prove 'em wrong.
Ohh, I'm talking about the HD 6970M. Stockspeed is 680/900 and I can pop it up to 710/1000 without changing voltage. Fanspeeds are veeeerrryy low as standard but with smcFanControl I can bump em and then OC the 6970 for some extra frames. Just gotta figure out how. Using ATI Tray Tool.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:08 PM

I use my msi overclock, to do my i5 2500k
Old 06-13-2011, 02:57 AM
Approved Member

thanks for rubbing it in doc
Old 06-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrc View Post
Jay, do some google searching for overclocking your particular board. The first issue you need to be sure of before you so anything is cooling.. a stock HSF will allow "some" overclocking, but not a lot. Read up before you do anything.. while you are using it it is burning in so there is no rush. Until you know what you are doing its not worth messing around..
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 06-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Approved Member

I'm using a coolermaster n520 cpu cooler, it's got 4 heat pipes and 2 fans, I was looking in the bios and there are a bunch of auto buttons to choose from but not sure, I don't really want to mess with the voltage but that might change, hoping someone here who has this mobo could steer me in the right direction, off to google some more.