1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

I can guarantee you that everything will be in English in CoD if you order it from Finland. Very few games gets localized for Finland, the NHL (icehockey game) series -at least the last time I played it- gets localized but that's because Finland and Sweden have a very high interest in hockey and many of the same people play video games. I'd be more concerned if I ordered from France, Germany or Italy for example. Those overpopulated countries always get their games localized.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want a Spitfire manual in any other language than English.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
JAMF,

Vev knows of what he says.

Really he does.
I don't know him or if he has sold his developments through steam, so I'll await evidence before taking any one's word as being gospel.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:51 AM

Ok, you guys have convinced me, I'll pre order the collector's edition from boostep. We can always have some mass action against all together against them if they screw it up
Old 02-21-2011, 11:54 PM

For any Aussies, ive started a thread at The Sydney Morning Herald gamers forum, please feel free to contribute. Im hoping if enough interest is generated one of the herald`s gaming correspondents make pick up the ball and get better clarification for Australia.

http://digihub.smh.com.au/node/2004
Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 PM

Does anyone know if the Collector Editions from boostep is region locked? I am thinking of ordering it there as US doesn't seem to have the collector's edition.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

According to their order details, the copies that boostep are supplying are region locked for Zone B, which is for Europe and Australia. Check the information on the boostep website, it will tell you exactly which areas it is usuable in. Doesn't appear that they will be suitable for the U.S. Sorry.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamadelica View Post
According to their order details, the copies that boostep are supplying are region locked for Zone B, which is for Europe and Australia. Check the information on the boostep website, it will tell you exactly which areas it is usuable in. Doesn't appear that they will be suitable for the U.S. Sorry.
Region locked are you serious? I remember a time when dvd movies were regio locked.. but a hack with the remote control punching in some cheat code so to speak had them unlocked. They region lock software also? I mean.. ooh wait that ip adres is from holland so I won't spin up the dvd???

edit: oh wait... Now i remember... every dvd has a small gps tracker imbedded :p
Old 02-23-2011, 01:11 AM

Region lock for DVD usually meant that the drive itself locks to the region of the DVD after 2 or so changes. The actual geoposition doesn't matter, only the region code of the DVD's you play.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madfish View Post
Region lock for DVD usually meant that the drive itself locks to the region of the DVD after 2 or so changes. The actual geoposition doesn't matter, only the region code of the DVD's you play.
The questions about region locking have arisen because some European resellers are advertising the Collectors Edition as "Region B".

Region B is a Bluray region code not a DVD region code. It is not clear how a Bluray region code can be enforced on a PC game.

Its possible this "Region B" comment may have been a mistake however it has made some people a little nervous about ordering box versions from other regions.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 AM

Right, it doesn't make much sense any way you look at it. If I were a betting man, I'd bet it's a mistake and the hard copies will work in any region.

But I'm not a betting man, so I'm waiting until it's definitively cleared up before throwing around the cash for a Collector's Edition and international shipping.